Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Isaiah Washington

Home for Gopher Basketball
ForCaleb

Isaiah Washington

Post by ForCaleb »

I think he stays a Gopher and runs the point the next two years.
feekdogg

Re: Isaiah Washington

Post by feekdogg »

I think he and Pitino reached an understanding months ago and he's gone. I wouldn't give up on him though.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

He’s gone tomorrow...he can take worthless Hurt with him as we have no chance to get his brother
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 pm He’s gone tomorrow...he can take worthless Hurt with him as we have no chance to get his brother
Hurt is worthless and his brother is bound to Duke without him.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:48 pm I think he stays a Gopher and runs the point the next two years.
Would absolutely love that. I like Washington a lot. I predicted all Big 10 this year for him(Whoops)

He did a good job cheering on his team and being a good teammate. Kid can play. Just needs to be reigned in.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 pm He’s gone tomorrow...he can take worthless Hurt with him as we have no chance to get his brother
I don't believe the hype on the other Hurt either.

He may be a decent player, he won't be no Duke great imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Guy couldn't even complete his "jelly roll" layups when given the chance....kid was all hype from the day he arrived in Dinkytown and can take his azz back to NY as far as I'm concerned....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:40 pm Guy couldn't even complete his "jelly roll" layups when given the chance....kid was all hype from the day he arrived in Dinkytown and can take his azz back to NY as far as I'm concerned....
Pfft....
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:43 pm
Hornets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:40 pm Guy couldn't even complete his "jelly roll" layups when given the chance....kid was all hype from the day he arrived in Dinkytown and can take his azz back to NY as far as I'm concerned....
Pfft....
I know, right?!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:58 pm I think he and Pitino reached an understanding months ago and he's gone. I wouldn't give up on him though.
That's how it feels for me too. I remember the game when Brock Stull took IW's backup minutes, and after the game, Pitino said something along the lines of "Stull is a good fit for what we need at that position." I think that's when the writing was basically on the wall....Still though, IW continued dressing for all the games, and was an active cheerleader on the bench, which gives me some pause and hope that he is back.

So weird that with the lack of ball handlers on this team, IW never really got an extended chance to be what this team needed.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Isaiah Washington says he will “definitely” be back next year.</p>— Sam Ekstrom (@SamEkstrom) <a href=" 24, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:24 pm <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Isaiah Washington says he will “definitely” be back next year.</p>— Sam Ekstrom (@SamEkstrom) <a href=" 24, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Hell yes!! I love this kid!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

My sources say IW is gone
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:29 pm My sources say IW is gone
I hope not. He can be really good imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:34 pm
Carr will be starting pg next year regardless of if IW is back...stupid NCAA and their no consistency with granting transfer waivers handcuffed this team
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:37 pm
Carr will be starting pg next year regardless of if IW is back...stupid NCAA and their no consistency with granting transfer waivers handcuffed this team
I understand that but I would love Washington to be the backup and get significant minutes. The Carr hype makes me laugh as if he's a savior.

I think the kid can play but he came from a 0fer team. They can both play together. How about this team actually has two PGs?!? It's been forever.

I want Coffey to go back to his natural position and dominate. He's owed that in his senior year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 pm

I understand that but I would love Washington to be the backup and get significant minutes. The Carr hype makes me laugh as if he's a savior.

I think the kid can play but he came from a 0fer team. They can both play together. How about this team actually has two PGs?!? It's been forever.

I want Coffey to go back to his natural position and dominate. He's owed that in his senior year.
I’ve seen nothing from Washington to even suggest he gets it...this is the big ten and not Rucker Park Street ball...until he buys into the fact he is just a piece with a job and not some YouTube sensation he’s a net negative on court just like Wiggins
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:42 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 pm

I’ve seen nothing from Washington to even suggest he gets it...this is the big ten and not Rucker Park Street ball...until he buys into the fact he is just a piece with a job and not some YouTube sensation he’s a net negative on court just like Wiggins
Don't agree, Sid.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

We will agree to disagree...played best ball of year without him sniffing floor
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

We have to remember IW was only a sophomore this season. Whether it was his attitude or maturity issues, or poor decision making in practices and games I’m wondering if pitino was trying to harness it all in and make him see the big picture from the bench. I’m not saying it was the right call, but I think he needs a fair chance to be the starting PG next year.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

He played pretty well last night. Hopefully that's an experience that he can really learn from and improve upon, if he stays......
Let's get Tropical
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

He will leave after a sexual abuse scandal. It's his turn.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Wouldn't shock me if he's in NY as we speak.....done here.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I think he ends up transferring. He should transfer if he wants consistent minutes. Pitino did him no favors this year leaving him on the bench.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
full force five

Post by full force five »

I think he is his own worse enemy. Didn't he try a jelly roll against MSU in the tournament?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:57 am I think he is his own worse enemy. Didn't he try a jelly roll against MSU in the tournament?
Against Michigan? Yeah, probably. If I reflect back on the season, it's basically Brock Stull outside of the Wisconsin road game, gave very little. McBrayer did not need as many minutes as he got. They could have benefitted a bit more from keeping Washington on the point to save Coffey/McBrayer from bringing the ball up, keep the legs a little more fresh.

End of the day, it didn't work here. It's too bad.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Per Ryan James, sounds like Jelly is gone. Nothing official yet.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I think we've all seen that one coming for quite a while now. Good luck to him wherever he goes
Let's get Tropical
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

We wanted to love you JellyFam! But you need to do what the coach tells you is needed in order to see the court. Good luck to you young man!
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:32 pm I think we've all seen that one coming for quite a while now. Good luck to him wherever he goes
I hope he does well wherever he lands. He's got a lot of pure talent, needs a coach who can coach him up a bit and hopefully this experience has grounded him a bit.