Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official NCAA basketball tournament thread***

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
mglviks

Re: ***Official NCAA basketball tournament thread***

Post by mglviks »

:naners:
Self High-Five

Post by Self High-Five »

Nice win. Who's going Saturday?
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Won myself a lot of drinks and a little money off my buddies who don't know shit. Lou was the perfect matchup for us. Can't believe they wouldn't come out of their packed in D until we were up 18. We did a much better job though dealing with pressure by passing to beat it not dribbling.

That game was won by coaching. All our starters were good but we outcoached them big time.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:36 pm Won myself a lot of drinks and a little money off my buddies who don't know shit. Lou was the perfect matchup for us. Can't believe they wouldn't come out of their packed in D until we were up 18. We did a much better job though dealing with pressure by passing to beat it not dribbling.

That game was won by coaching. All our starters were good but we outcoached them big time.
They won because a team that's been putrid with outside shooting got hot from 3.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:36 pm Won myself a lot of drinks and a little money off my buddies who don't know shit. Lou was the perfect matchup for us. Can't believe they wouldn't come out of their packed in D until we were up 18. We did a much better job though dealing with pressure by passing to beat it not dribbling.

They won because a team that's been putrid with outside shooting got hot from 3.

Bingo.... If Jordan Murphy hits 2, 3's in a game again, I'll eat my hat. Louisville was going to let them shoot from 3. They've been the worst 3 point shooting team out of all the power 5 conferences this year. Credit the kids for knocking them down today. It was their moment. Now they will be massacred in the next round.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Go Bradley!
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Bingo.... If Jordan Murphy hits 2, 3's in a game again, I'll eat my hat. Louisville was going to let them shoot from 3. They've been the worst 3 point shooting team out of all the power 5 conferences this year. Credit the kids for knocking them down today. It was their moment. Now they will be massacred in the next round.
Doubt it. Louisville beat MSU by 4, the Gophers beat Louisville by 10. Therefore, the Gophers will beat MSU by 14.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Doubt it. Louisville beat MSU by 4, the Gophers beat Louisville by 10. Therefore, the Gophers will beat MSU by 14.
:lol: Got it

They only beat us by 24 earlier this season.
Last edited by Small Hands on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

:o
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Bradley! Bradley! Bradley!
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:06 pm

:lol: Got it

They only beat us by 24 earlier this season.
If will be much the same Saturday
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

This Bradley MSU game is intense.

Would be awesome to play a 15 seed.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:50 pm This Bradley MSU game is intense.

In 89, the Gophers were an 11 seed who got to the Sweet Sixteen thanks to a #14 seed upsetting a #3.
In 90, the Gophers were a 6 seed who got to the Elite 8 thanks to a #14 seed upsetting a #3 again.

Luck of the draw.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:55 pm
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:50 pm This Bradley MSU game is intense.

In 89, the Gophers were an 11 seed who got to the Sweet Sixteen thanks to a #14 seed upsetting a #3.
In 90, the Gophers were a 6 seed who got to the Elite 8 thanks to a #14 seed upsetting a #3 again.

Luck of the draw.
I hear ya, but no chance Izzo's crying ass losses to Bradley. I'm just happy they won a tourny game this year. It's been 7 years since we could say that.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Luck of the draw.
No worries.

I didn't want this Bradley team. Am I crazy I would rather play Mich St?

This will be a repeat of the Gophers Mich St 2017 Big Ten tournament game. Think it won't?!?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I got NC, Virginia, Duke and Gonzaga in the 4. All the #1 seeds.

Upset of the tournament? Michigan going down rd #1

Dark horse teams.

Cincinnati, Syracuse and Kansas St.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Luck of the draw.
Oh for the days of Willie Burton.... :cry:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Leave it to me to be perfect so far in a bracket that nobody else is participating in. I'm dominating all you losers :D

http://kfantards.mayhem.cbssports.com/
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Dan33185 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 pm Leave it to me to be perfect so far in a bracket that nobody else is participating in. I'm dominating all you losers :D

Who started this? I would of played. I was going to ask. First year I haven't done a bracket
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I kinda like this Morant dude.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:46 pm I kinda like this Morant dude.
He’s dope. Would fit in nicely on the Wolves
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:35 pm
Dan33185 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 pm Leave it to me to be perfect so far in a bracket that nobody else is participating in. I'm dominating all you losers :D

Who started this? I would of played. I was going to ask. First year I haven't done a bracket
Someone on the old board, I got an e-mail that it was available again this year, I just assumed everyone else did too.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Night games have been a snooze fest
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Well, that was a cool win. I know some people are going to be all Minnesota on the bit though, and be all snarky and sarcastic after we get beat (maybe even blown out) by Michigan State, but a tournament win is a good stepping stone. Need consistency now though. The bar for this team right now should be set with making the tournament year in and year out. The next step in another season or so should be a tournament win or two...also in two years from now, there shouldnt be any fucking around in the regular season, and questioning until the last few games whether or not the team will make the tournament.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:13 pm Well, that was a cool win. I know some people are going to be all Minnesota on the bit though, and be all snarky and sarcastic after we get beat (maybe even blown out) by Michigan State, but a tournament win is a good stepping stone. Need consistency now though. The bar for this team right now should be set with making the tournament year in and year out. The next step in another season or so should be a tournament win or two...also in two years from now, there shouldnt be any fucking around in the regular season, and questioning until the last few games whether or not the team will make the tournament.
This.

I don't know how anyone can not be happy with that win. We don't win tourney games here often. Today's game was well coached and played.

I believe we can beat Mich St.

I am good with Richard coming back but i agree with you.. They have to build on this. I really hope they don't hand Pitino another contract after this. If they beat Mich st on Saturday, sign him up. Otherwise I hope they make him play out next year and if we have a good year, give him a extension.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Can't wait for Duke vs NDSU. Living in Fargo/Moorhead, NDSU is the center of the universe for so many people here. In football, many don't realize the difference between FBS and FCS. I had a conversation with one fan awhile back saying they would be in the bottom half of the Big Ten, and that they could never compete with the likes of Bama or Clemson...that person's response was..."why has NDSU won the championship so many times then?". Not realizing the difference between an FCS championship and FBS championship.

Today, I just had a conversation about how Duke will win easily...that person's response? "I don't know, NDSU just won their conference championship, I wouldn't under estimate them." Try explaining that Duke has 4 kids who will be in the NBA next year, and they still don't get the talent difference.

Disclaimer: These people do not represent the vast majority of the fans who realize they are the little engine that can, but there are definitely some people (usually born and raised in NoDak) who don't understand the college sports universe.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

14/16 yesterday. My only misses, the gophers, so I’m fine with that. And Wofford.

I doubt I’ll do as well today.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 am 14/16 yesterday. My only misses, the gophers, so I’m fine with that. And Wofford.

I missed Murray St and Florida. I have no idea why I picked Marquette. Morant is legit.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 am 14/16 yesterday. My only misses, the gophers, so I’m fine with that. And Wofford.

What kind of shit bird picks against the Gophers?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I hit on 14 as well. I don’t know how I managed to pick Northeastern over Kansas. That was a mistake.