Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Penn st Gophers 10 Tourney.

Home for Gopher Basketball
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Penn st Gophers 10 Tourney.

Post by RubeTube »

Here's the DEFACTO place to sound off for the BIG game.

Enjoy!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Re: Penn st Gophers 10 Tourney.

Post by RubeTube »

Bad defense and bad offense so far.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Getting it together now.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Decent first half.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Down 4 at the half. Coffee really struggling. Still blows my mind that Washington is completely out of the rotation.
Clubhouseleader

Horrendous basketball from the gophers. Coffee throwing up bricks.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm Horrendous basketball from the gophers. Coffee throwing up bricks.
It's not pretty.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Clubhouseleader

Watkins looks like he 40 years old
Clubhouseleader

I really hope there are a lot of upsets this weekend so the gophers don’t make it. We have no business there
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

That was a huge gift. That was definitely off Stockman
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

She's a grinder.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

What the fuck were they doing?!?!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Gophers have a timeout!!! Call a damn timeout Pitino you dumbass!!!!
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Horrific coaching blunder.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Leaving Stockman in for this? WTF? Put in a shooter in Stull!
Let's get Tropical
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

The fuck were they doing. 7 sec left I’ll stand there doing nothing.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Maybe run that with your best shooter? Wow.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Brutal coaching sequence.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Got a chance to take a nice lead... let's run a atrocious offensive set. Smh.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why is Oturo out?
Let's get Tropical
Clubhouseleader

Coffee with the big and 1.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

They are in now.

Not impressed with the play today but let's see if we can get a little bit better play in the the next game.

I wish Richard would let Washington play the 1. He's on the bench cheering etc.

You aren't doing shit in the tournament with Coffey at point.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:14 pm Why is Oturo out?
Two games where Watkins has presented a matchup problem for Oturu. This team needs some bigger bodies next year.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:21 pm They are in now.

Not impressed with the play today but let's see if we can get a little bit better play in the the next game.

Washington has been awful. They can't rely on him. I wouldn't mind giving him a quick stint early in the game most nights to see if he's going to be a dumbass or if he's going to play right, but I get why he's not out there. Pitino needed to make the tourney to keep his job, so he's going to play the kids he can trust.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Washington has been awful. They can't rely on him. I wouldn't mind giving him a quick stint early in the game most nights to see if he's going to be a dumbass or if he's going to play right, but I get why he's not out there. Pitino needed to make the tourney to keep his job, so he's going to play the kids he can trust.
A tournament appearance shouldn't be enough to keep his job. It will though. His job is safe now. Quit ruining two positions when you can just have one in flux.

Especially this year. This team has no business in the tournament.

It's like if the Wilfs told Zimmer and Spielman they need to be a playoff team and the NFC ends up horrible and we get a playoff berth at 7-9 and get bounced in rd #1.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

He's transferring and won't play again apparently. He showed some glimpses last year and Pitino buried his confidence this year. Pitino's blunder of taking Washington over McKinley Wright is a fireable offense considering what's happened to the pg situation the last several years. To recap, he had Nate Mason, DeAndre Mathieu and Andre Hollins his second year. Since that, he's recruited Kevin Dorsey (4 star pg from Maryland who left after the sex tape fiasco and has bounced around), Jarvis Johnson (heart issue, he'd be the starting pg easily), Washington and now Carr for next year. Five years. Three pgs who actually got minutes and two barely played in Dorsey and Washington. My god!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:09 pm

He's transferring and won't play again apparently. He showed some glimpses last year and Pitino buried his confidence this year. Pitino's blunder of taking Washington over McKinley Wright is a fireable offense considering what's happened to the pg situation the last several years. To recap, he had Nate Mason, DeAndre Mathieu and Andre Hollins his second year. Since that, he's recruited Kevin Dorsey (4 star pg from Maryland who left after the sex tape fiasco and has bounced around), Jarvis Johnson (heart issue, he'd be the starting pg easily), Washington and now Carr for next year. Five years. Three pgs who actually got minutes and two barely played in Dorsey and Washington. My god!
I'm not here to defend Pitino, but to blame him for Washington sucking is ridiculous. Washington's first DNP-CD was in the win at Wisconsin. Prior to that, he was 4-29 from 3 on the season. Then, after that, he played 12 minutes or more in the next 10 games and just couldn't play with any consistency. Then he missed a game with an injury, and just hasn't gotten back in the rotation since. You can't shoot 20% from 3, 30% from the floor, and make the kind of dumb plays he makes all the time and keep your minutes. You can blame Pitino for not helping him develop, but to say that Richard buried his confidence is crazy. He has been terrible this year from the jump despite getting consistent minutes most of the year.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 pm

I'm not here to defend Pitino, but to blame him for Washington sucking is ridiculous. Washington's first DNP-CD was in the win at Wisconsin. Prior to that, he was 4-29 from 3 on the season. Then, after that, he played 12 minutes or more in the next 10 games and just couldn't play with any consistency. Then he missed a game with an injury, and just hasn't gotten back in the rotation since. You can't shoot 20% from 3, 30% from the floor, and make the kind of dumb plays he makes all the time and keep your minutes. You can blame Pitino for not helping him develop, but to say that Richard buried his confidence is crazy. He has been terrible this year from the jump despite getting consistent minutes most of the year.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Washington is far from perfect but look at his freshman year to sophomore year. He actually showed some promise! They had Nate Mason last year, how did Washington take a step back this year? It's on Pitino.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 pm

That's exactly what I'm saying. Washington is far from perfect but look at his freshman year to sophomore year. He actually showed some promise! They had Nate Mason last year, how did Washington take a step back this year? It's on Pitino.
Wash wasn't very good last year, either. He's a talented kid, but he's so inconsistent. He doesn't bring the same energy night to night. It doesn't matter if he stays or transfers, until he improves that, he's not going to amount to anything. He's got to learn he doesn't have to be special, just solid. When he focuses on that, he is fine.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Wash wasn't very good last year, either. He's a talented kid, but he's so inconsistent. He doesn't bring the same energy night to night. It doesn't matter if he stays or transfers, until he improves that, he's not going to amount to anything. He's got to learn he doesn't have to be special, just solid. When he focuses on that, he is fine.
He was inconsistent last year, yes.. but he was much, much better last year than this year. He was given a longer leash. Pitino playing Coffey/McBrayer 35-40 mins a night has been insane this year. And now they have to play again tomorrow.. they won't have legs after tomorrow's game if they somehow win.