Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Amir Coffey

Home for Gopher Basketball
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Amir Coffey

Post by HeHateMe »

Thought I would make a separate thread for just this guy. As I think about the season, I think he deserves some kudos for transitioning to pg when his natural spot is SF. Pitino deserves all the blame for not having natural pgs in that spot so Coffey could just play the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he tests the NBA waters -- does some work out stuff but stays for his senior season.

Third team all big ten in both coaches and media picks. He caught a lot of flack this year at times but where would this team be without him and Murph?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Amir Coffey

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 am Thought I would make a separate thread for just this guy. As I think about the season, I think he deserves some kudos for transitioning to pg when his natural spot is SF. Pitino deserves all the blame for not having natural pgs in that spot so Coffey could just play the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he tests the NBA waters -- does some work out stuff but stays for his senior season.

Third team all big ten in both coaches and media picks. He caught a lot of flack this year at times but where would this team be without him and Murph?
Certainly not in the tournament. I hope he's back for his senior season. Because he can be a forward and run the floor without the ball and just worry about finishing.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Testing the waters but will likely come back, probably no better than a mid-second round pick. He will go back to Wing next year with plenty of guards.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Wasn't old man Coffey saying he was only going to go to a school that would let him play point guard a few years ago?
He's been ok as a point, still great as a scorer (most nights).

Would like to see a win tonight.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am Wasn't old man Coffey saying he was only going to go to a school that would let him play point guard a few years ago?
He's been ok as a point, still great as a scorer (most nights).

Would like to see a win tonight.
No, but he did talk about coaching his son during AAU growing up and told parents he'd love to have their kids on the team but Amir will be playing point. He wanted him to be versatile instead of pigeon holed like he was.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.