Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers @ Maryland

Home for Gopher Basketball
feekdogg

Re: Gophers @ Maryland

Post by feekdogg »

9 years out of 10, this team would need to get to the Big final to get in. People don't understand how weak the bubble is this year. The Gophers resume is nothing impressive, but a team like Texas is squarely sitting on the bubble. They have 14 losses. The Pac 12 is traditionally a 5 or 6 bid league. They might get 2. There are 6 Big East Teams perched right on the bubble. Between this weekend and their tourney, at least half of those will fall out.
As I said, I think the program would be better off in the long run if they didn't make the tourney and Pitno got canned, but that's not happening when they make the tourney, mainly because Coyle doesn't have anyone in his pocket that would be a dramatic improvement.
Bitch if you want, cheer if you want. Even if they get blasted on Thursday, they're likely in.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

There's no obvious replacement for Pitino. He'll be back next season. Nate Oats is a guy we're supposed to be excited about? Come on.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:58 pm There's no obvious replacement for Pitino. He'll be back next season. Nate Oats is a guy we're supposed to be excited about? Come on.
2.7 mil and a tourney berth might save his job for another year. Oats would be on a list but there are others I'd get excited about. I bet you could get Matthew Hurt to stay home if you hired Jon Scheyer.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:07 pm they are so bad on the road
Just like the Wolves.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Seton Hall, Georgetown and Temple all with wins today over ranked teams. Need Ohio State to lose tomorrow.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Belmont & Murray St should both get in over the border teams that don't really deserve it at all. More mid-major badass teams, less average power 5 teams.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:47 pm Seton Hall, Georgetown and Temple all with wins today over ranked teams. Need Ohio State to lose tomorrow.
Interesting to see Jerry Palm's breakdown of everything here.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

Minnesota looks pretty safe at this point.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm Belmont & Murray St should both get in over the border teams that don't really deserve it at all. More mid-major badass teams, less average power 5 teams.
Belmont is nowhere near badass. They're a great candidate for a round 1 NIT loss.