Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Boilermakers @ Gophers

Home for Gopher Basketball
Hornets

Re: Boilermakers @ Gophers

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:23 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:22 pm Speaking of Spencer,,,how bout HIM as the next coach!?
Haha. No.
He knows hoops, is very articulate, AND he's one of us!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:19 pm Is anyone else not convinced they are in with this? I still think they need to win another game or two.
Spencer Tollackson says they need 2 in his opinion
That's what I think. At least 1. Beating Maryland would definitely get them in imo.

They are talking like they are in.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:24 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:19 pm Is anyone else not convinced they are in with this? I still think they need to win another game or two.
Spencer Tollackson says they need 2 in his opinion
That's what I think. At least 1. Beating Maryland would definitely get them in imo.

They are talking like they are in.
I'd like a win over Maryland AND 2 Big 10 tourney wins.....why not?!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Barring a handful of upsets in conference tournies resulting in automatic bids for teams that weren't getting in, this pretty much locks it up.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:26 pm
Barring a handful of upsets in conference tournies resulting in automatic bids for teams that weren't getting in, this pretty much locks it up.
Agreed.
Ketchup can be nuancy
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Stockmans dad? They said he passed away. Sad.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

A loss at Maryland (likely) and a win in the first round of big ten tourney ( against a bottom feeder) and then a loss in round two would leave them out imo.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 pm A loss at Maryland (likely) and a win in the first round of big ten tourney ( against a bottom feeder) and then a loss in round two would leave them out imo.
No chance.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:33 pm A loss at Maryland (likely) and a win in the first round of big ten tourney ( against a bottom feeder) and then a loss in round two would leave them out imo.
That's what I thought but they are talking like they are locked.

I agree what HHM said the other day. Win out and win a tourney game or two.

I do think a Maryland win locks them but with Maryland being good and the Gophers being terrible on the road, I am not expecting that a win.

Who knows. Honestly, no one knows until the selection show hits. :shrug:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 pm
That's what I thought but they are talking like they are locked.

I agree what HHM said the other day. Win out and win a tourney game or two.

I do think a Maryland win locks them but with Maryland being good and the Gophers being terrible on the road, I am not expecting that a win.

Who knows. Honestly, no one knows until the selection show hits. :shrug:
Bubble teams get booted pretty easy too when 2-3 teams win their conference tourney who weren't expected to go in. Do people really think Washington is a lock to win the pac 10? To be safe, they need to win the next two IMO. To sweat it out, they could lose at Maryland and win a tourney game.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:51 pm This Stockman kid can play. Where has he been all season?
Didn't understand why Pitino went away from him completely. Thought he played well before Curry came back.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:08 pm Coffey brick laying at free throw line going to cost them tourney spot
You're surprised you were blocked on gopher hole? :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:51 pm This Stockman kid can play. Where has he been all season?
Didn't understand why Pitino went away from him completely. Thought he played well before Curry came back.
Honestly he has played better when in than Curry has. I understand Curry is the superior player but he hasn't looked right all year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

If they make it I'm for bringing Pitino back for his last year. There really isn't a choice.

I find it funny though how Tubby had a much better record than Richard and everyone wanted him fired after making the round of 32 and this saves Pitino.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:54 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:46 pm
Honestly he has played better when in than Curry has. I understand Curry is the superior player but he hasn't looked right all year.
I tend to agree though I honestly have no idea how they've treated his body post knee cleanup. He's had a groin issue too right? I mean it's numerous things not just the knee so I don't know if they're running him too hard in practice and he just wasn't ready for it. He definitely looked slower than what I remembered him as a freshman. Worrisome thing for Pitino (if he's back) is he's going to really have to add some bodies to the front court. Oturu and Coffey can start, Omersa should have a bigger role but still come off the bench. Curry can't be counted on as a full time player right now.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I have a feeling they will do something if they get in.

That Middle Tenn st game still leaves a shit taste in my mouth. Maybe we can pulla upset or two.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:47 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:08 pm Coffey brick laying at free throw line going to cost them tourney spot
Haha take it as a badge of honor...those bobos are delusional as F lol...
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 pm
Were you banned over football or hoops talk?

I rarely visit the football board. I follow Gopher football but not like i do basketball. Vikings and Gopher hoops are my tops.

I notice on gopher hole that it seems 50/50. Either very negative or can't rip a thing.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:13 pm

I rarely visit the football board. I follow Gopher football but not like i do basketball. Vikings and Gopher hoops are my tops.

I notice on gopher hole that it seems 50/50. Either very negative or can't rip a thing.
I got banned for the 5-3 hoops debacle last year where i foreshadowed the upcoming implosion of the team that they weren’t as good as their ranking and they had major issues...they didn’t like me being negative (I turned out to be 100% right)
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:19 pm

I got banned for the 5-3 hoops debacle last year where i foreshadowed the upcoming implosion of the team that they weren’t as good as their ranking and they had major issues...they didn’t like me being negative (I turned out to be 100% right)
:lol:

You turned out right but imo that was a really good team that was completely derailed imo.

Injuries, Lynch etc..

Last year was VERY disappointing.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:22 pm

You turned out right but imo that was a really good team that was completely derailed imo.

Injuries, Lynch etc..

Pitino has had 1 good year in his tenure...he needs to find a Pg in worst way, wasted some good talent with horrendous offensive sets and floor general
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 pm If they make it I'm for bringing Pitino back for his last year. There really isn't a choice.

I find it funny though how Tubby had a much better record than Richard and everyone wanted him fired after making the round of 32 and this saves Pitino.
People wanted Tubby gone because they had the idiotic, misconceived notion that they were canning Tubby for Shaka Smart. And if that didn't pan out, Flip would be ecstatic to take the job.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:24 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Injuries, Lynch etc..

Pitino has had 1 good year in his tenure...he needs to find a Pg in worst way, wasted some good talent with horrendous offensive sets and floor general
I said Washington would be all B10 this year. :lol:

I really wish he would let Washington lose.

I would start him now through the rest of the season.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 pm If they make it I'm for bringing Pitino back for his last year. There really isn't a choice.

People wanted Tubby gone because they had the idiotic, misconceived notion that they were canning Tubby for Shaka Smart. And if that didn't pan out, Flip would be ecstatic to take the job.
I wanted Shaka here so badly. I wanted nothing to do with Flip here.

I wish I thought Pitino was a good coach. I like his character.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 pm

Tubby's recruiting was looking pretty dismal at the end too. Charles Buggs, Alex Foster, Alvin Ellis (decent role player at Mich St) and Wally Ellenson were his last four signed recruits. I was fine they canned him, I was also pissed when they didn't get Flip in there. Flip told people he was going to keep Reid Travis and Tyus Jones home... now Flip was always a talker but....
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Had to take ForCaleb offspring #2 to urgent care last night. Didn’t get a chance to watch. Weird things happen on Senior night!

I think the Gophers lose @Maryland and pick up a win in the B10 tourney....that might be enough to get in the dance.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Matz was elite.

They will lose against Maryland, win their first round game, lose the next and be dancing! Book it.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I didn’t see the game, but congrats to the gophers!
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

What’s going to help them make the tournament is the number quality wins and only 1-2 bad losses that were on the road.

Gotta win 1 more!

I think there’s a lot of confidence heading to Maryland.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

20 wins from a power 5 team should get it done.
Let's get Tropical