Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kill ripped PJ to shreds

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
beetlebum71

Re: Kill ripped PJ to shreds

Post by beetlebum71 »

DC4MVP wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:30 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Sadly, in this situation it's more like Fleck promising the kids they're going to go to Disney Land when they're instead going to the dentist.
That's recruiting for you, and PJ should not be knocked for it.
There's a difference. Good coaches say "We're going to Disney Land. But first we have to go to the dentist but we're going to Disney Land after."

Fleck puts on Mickey Mouse ears knowing he's full of shit even when the kid is getting a needle in his gums.

All talk so far.
He's been saying since he got here that it would take time to build this thing. The whole year zero thing was like 15 months ago. You just want to bitch about him. He already has more wins over Wiscy and bowl wins than Kill had here. I'd say he's doing ok. The two freshman QBs played pretty well last year.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:12 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:30 pm

That's recruiting for you, and PJ should not be knocked for it.
There's a difference. Good coaches say "We're going to Disney Land. But first we have to go to the dentist but we're going to Disney Land after."

Fleck puts on Mickey Mouse ears knowing he's full of shit even when the kid is getting a needle in his gums.

All talk so far.
He's been saying since he got here that it would take time to build this thing. The whole year zero thing was like 15 months ago. You just want to bitch about him. He already has more wins over Wiscy and bowl wins than Kill had here. I'd say he's doing ok. The two freshman QBs played pretty well last year.
That’s my take too.

Selling Disney Land but taking them to the dentist? 😂You can’t make it up! Say what you want, PJ has them believing in themselves.

Played tough at OSU. Smashed a good Purdue team and played confident, not scared. Love that. Defense came back playing hard even after embarrassment. New DC making needed changes that players bought into. Took the axe.

This “all talk and no action” stuff is not based on facts. So dumb.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

This from a guy benched for the bowl game.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:08 pm

This from a guy benched for the bowl game.
He's got plenty of ass to kiss to get back in good graces.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sp ... -criticism

Gophers players rally to support PJ Fleck after Jerry Kill's public criticism

Carter Coughlin got the support rolling with a tweet praising Fleck.
If P.J. Fleck is as self-absorbed as former Gophers coach Jerry Kill thinks he is, you wouldn't know it based on the reaction current Gophers football players have had.

Kill, who resigned from coaching at the University of Minnesota in 2015, was extremely critical of Fleck during an interview on SiriusXM's "Big Ten Today," saying Fleck doesn't care about the players and is all about himself.

Carter Coughlin, a junior linebacker from Eden Prairie, tweeted that he loves playing for Fleck and "EVERY day I see how much he cares about me and the entire team."

Coughlin got the snowball rolling downhill as teammates Rashod Bateman, Benny Sapp, Tanner Morgan and Kamal Martin retweeted him, calling Coughlin's opinion a "fact" while one of them said Fleck is a "players coach."

Former Gophers basketball player Akeem Springs also spoke highly of the current football coach, tweeting a story of Fleck randomly approaching him in the gym after an injury ended his college career.

Even a high school quarterback in Texas who won't graduate until 2020 and might not ever wear a Gophers uniform said he got the impression that Fleck genuinely cares about the players and the University of Minnesota.

Fleck hasn't responded to Kill's unprompted comments other than retweeting a quote from Mother Teresa about forgiveness and kindness, which, may or may not have been in response to Kill's remarks.
But whatever I'm sure the haters are in the right.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 am
Kill has been all over him, even when he was just a rumor to be joining the Gophers. And PJ has always spoken good things of Jerry. People who are always positive get so much negativity. Its some weird oxymoron.

Kill came from a background of coaches that were very loyal to him. I'm sure it stung when PJ left him, and that may be where the animosity came from. Also, I think Kill takes it a little too personal when PJ talks about needing a culture change here. It isnt just about the rape allegations that happened under Kill's buddy Claey's, but also about just accepting mediocrity at UofM, and instead setting expectations high.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Props PJ for the way he’s handled this.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

I liked Jerry while at the U. But I’m not gonna lie. I kind of liked the “I hope he’s ok” jab at the end of Fleck’s response.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Hornets

!

Post by Hornets »

INSIJS wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm I liked Jerry while at the U. But I’m not gonna lie. I kind of liked the “I hope he’s ok” jab at the end of Fleck’s response.
Yes! :thumbsup:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: