Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers big ten home opener -- Nebraska

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Gophers big ten home opener -- Nebraska

Post by HeHateMe »

By no means a must win but every home game in the big ten is precious. Let's hope for a good one tonight!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jffl_commish

Re: Gophers big ten home opener -- Nebraska

Post by jffl_commish »

I assume they are without McBrayer? Sucks what he's going through. Maybe explains his struggles so far. I don't wish that on anyone.
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 pm I assume they are without McBrayer? Sucks what he's going through. Maybe explains his struggles so far. I don't wish that on anyone.
Guess I haven't heard anything for sure if he's with the team or not. Wasn't disclosed until she passed I think that she had cancer. I know he missed the team's scrimmage in front of fans late Oct/early Nov whenever that was because he was with her. Hopefully he's there, hope he plays well too. Talk about how big of a game that would be to play well and get a win.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 am By no means a must win but every home game in the big ten is precious. Let's hope for a good one tonight!
No, not a must win but if Pitino and Co. want to be taken seriously then this is one you really need.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Nebraska fan here.

Curious what the scouting report is on the Gophers?

Nebraska- Very senior team. James Palmer is one of the better players we have ever had and is a great leader. He is shooting 3's a bit more but when and doubt he is going to drive the ball.

Nebraska doesnt run many true offensive plays. Mainly play hero ball and let one guy try to make something happen.

Plenty of slashers. We struggle if a team can play a sunken in zone.

They are shooting the 3 more but still struggle with getting rebounds.

Palmer is their best player.

Copeland and Roby are the next two. Roby is super talented but tends to get into foul trouble. Some mock drafts have him as a late first round pick. He isnt super aggressive with the ball but when he feels it, he can do a lot of things well.

Issac Copeland is 6'9- Can shoot the 3. Doesnt love to bang down low but will get some boards.

Glynn Watson is the senior PG. He can be a gnat. He use to be our main offensive weapon but now is option 3 or 4. Can shoot and score when needed.

Bench is pretty light. Tanner Borchardt is a walk on who will play. Not super athletic but will mix it up down low. Nana Akenten is a soph. barely played last year but has added some athleticism to the team this year and can make open 3's.

Thomas Allen is our soph. SG. Hasnt done a whole lot this year but has some decent abilities.

We have two freshman that see a little time. Amir Harris. Interesting dude. Long and shows some impressive ability but hasnt seen a lot of time.

Brady Heiman is a Nebraska kid. 6'11, has skill but EASILY gets moved around. His weight is listed at 215 and I highly doubt that. He looks for the rebound and has some skills but needs to grow his body to have a chance. Murphy would ragdoll him. He only tends to see time when fouls come up.

Nebraska has looked great except against Texas Tech. Tech played great defense and Nebraska just couldnt overcome its lack of coaching.

Nebraska does play pretty good defense. Biggest issue is giving up Offensive boards. They tend to have some stretches where they can seem to score.

I love Tim Miles but he is not a great in-game coach.

I think Nebraska is the more talented team especially with the fact they have 3 Senior starters.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Nebraska -3.5 favorites.

I think Gophers win tonight.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

D_B_U wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 pm Nebraska fan here.

Curious what the scouting report is on the Gophers?

I think Nebraska is the more talented team especially with the fact they have 3 Senior starters.
If Minnesota had Nate Mason again this year, I'd probably take them in this game. Without a steady pg though, it's really tough. This is a game they really need to win if they want to end up .500 in big ten though. Should be a close one but I think most big ten teams are better than the Boston College, OK St, Washington, Utah, Texas A&M teams the Gophers have played.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Season just getting started so I am not that familiar with a lot of the competition yet. I think the Gophers could get lit up tonight though.

Nebraska fans seem to be think this might be the best team Miles has had. I think this Nebraska team is better than OSU. From what I saw it that game, it was absolutely atrocious.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm Season just getting started so I am not that familiar with a lot of the competition yet. I think the Gophers could get lit up tonight though.

Nebraska fans seem to be think this might be the best team Miles has had. I think this Nebraska team is better than OSU. From what I saw it that game, it was absolutely atrocious.
This is the best team Miles has ever had. In 2014 when they went to the dance they had 1 maybe 2 scorers. It was all based on Petteway.

They have 3 guys who could be drafted. 2 that probably will be drafted.

James Palmer was a first team all big ten last year.

That being said, Miles is not a great X&O's coach. A bit worried about that.

I think Nebraska should probably win, but I dont feel confident that they will.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

D_B_U wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm Season just getting started so I am not that familiar with a lot of the competition yet. I think the Gophers could get lit up tonight though.

This is the best team Miles has ever had. In 2014 when they went to the dance they had 1 maybe 2 scorers. It was all based on Petteway.

Well Richard couldn't win a game of tic tac toe. The only game I have ever seen him out coach anyone is a couple year's back when he beat Izzo in the tourney.

If the talent is as good as I'm hearing in Nebraska, I don't see how they lose.

Thanks for the breakdown DBU. I don't know much about these teams at the moment. The last couple of year's have been so atrocious, I don't follow like I used to.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:20 pm
D_B_U wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Well Richard couldn't win a game of tic tac toe. The only game I have ever seen him out coach anyone is a couple year's back when he beat Izzo in the tourney.

If the talent is as good as I'm hearing in Nebraska, I don't see how they lose.

Thanks for the breakdown DBU. I don't know much about these teams at the moment. The last couple of year's have been so atrocious, I don't follow like I used to.
You're full of interesting takes... you don't follow, the last couple of year's have been atrocious but you reference a game from... a couple of years ago. I'm not going to claim Pitino is a good in game coach, IMO, he's not. It's what hurts him a lot -- with that said, one of the games in Vancouver, he switched a zone late in the game and IMO it was the reason they won. So there's one game, if you really have only seen him out coach ANYONE once in six seasons, I'm not sure what to tell you.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Funny you only watched the game they got slaughtered in.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

I watched a couple others but let's be real here, the Big 10 season is what matters. I'm sorry I don't watch games against Santa Barbara community college and get myself jacked up.

I'm including this year in my "couple years take"
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 pm

I watched a couple others but let's be real here, the Big 10 season is what matters. I'm sorry I don't watch games against Santa Barbara community college and get myself jacked up.

They've played Nebraska-Omaha, Santa Clara and all high major teams. Should have watched already, boobtube. :beer: :thumbsup:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:56 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 pm

They've played Nebraska-Omaha, Santa Clara and all high major teams. Should have watched already, boobtube. :beer: :thumbsup:
I watched the Washington game and the one at US Bank. Only two I saw. I turned to Ohio St game on mid second half. Was watchng the Vikings game and people didn't empty out of my place right away.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I hate the new floor.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Not a good start.
Crowd is flat.
Team is flat.
The white floor is flat.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Oturu has one of the all time worst vertical jumps.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

ForCaleb wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 pm Not a good start.
Crowd is flat.
Team is flat.
The white floor is flat.
Sad how many open seats there are. Upper decks don't look half full.

Coffey is flying around this first half.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Helluva comeback. Switch flipped, totally diff team. Build the lead!!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

They are in it anyway.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 pm They are in it anyway.
Meh, blew a 6 pt lead a 30 seconds. Nebraska is the better team.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

ForCaleb wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 pm They are in it anyway.
Meh, blew a 6 pt lead a 30 seconds. Nebraska is the better team.
Atleast it's a game. Expected them to be blown out early. Last year we had nobody down low and some decent perimeter play. This year it's the exact opposite.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Nate Mason looking like he would love to come in and shoot us out of this game. God bless ya!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Coffey playing tonight like I expected when he came here.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Fun one after a nice wolves win.

New floor sucks.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Need a stop. McBrayer with a BIG 3
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

4 three point attempts? That’s not going to win many games.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 pm 4 three point attempts? That’s not going to win many games.
I think they went 1/13 against OSU. Prolly scared to shoot it.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Huge Ricky tack foul called on the gophers,