Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Will they keep the Big Ten Champion out of the playoffs?

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Will they keep the Big Ten Champion out of the playoffs?

Post by RubeTube »

milquetoast wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:01 pm
bombers3shooter wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:21 pm Notre Dame wouldn't have beaten either team in the Fiesta Bowl either. 0-8 in their major bowls in the last 25 years, being outscored 304-138 in those games. Join a conference or gtfo! The most overrated program ever
This - ND gets a lot of undeserved respect. They were not even close to a top 4 team, weren't even top 8. The reason they get in - people like Hate pop a Woody over ND & follow them. It's all about $$ - not the best teams.
This! People also popping a woody to have a "Watered down 8" none of these teams were the real deal other than the two playing in the championship game.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

milquetoast wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:01 pm
bombers3shooter wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:21 pm Notre Dame wouldn't have beaten either team in the Fiesta Bowl either. 0-8 in their major bowls in the last 25 years, being outscored 304-138 in those games. Join a conference or gtfo! The most overrated program ever
This - ND gets a lot of undeserved respect. They were not even close to a top 4 team, weren't even top 8. The reason they get in - people like Hate pop a Woody over ND & follow them. It's all about $$ - not the best teams.
I disagree.

Imo, half the teams in the top 10 could have gotten shut out like ND did against Clemson.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

:lol:

Yeah, ok. They shit the bed against a very good team. They beat everyone else they played. They play among the toughest schedules in the country year in and year out. This season there happens to be two great teams and many that are in good category and fairly even.

You lost all creditibility when you are espousing fucking ucf. Good God.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Yeah, ok. They shit the bed against a very good team. They beat everyone else they played. They play among the toughest schedules in the country year in and year out. This season there happens to be two great teams and many that are in good category and fairly even.

Agree to disagree, but UCF is in the same tier as Notre Dame this season and I would love to see that matchup because I think it would be a good game. UCF won a Fiesta Bowl just a few years ago and like I said above ND who always gets the benefit of doubt 0-8 in major bowls the last 25 years! They generate more interest and more money for the NCAA, that is all.

Notre Dame would have gotten rolled by LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, and probably Washington too. If ND goes undefeated like they did they get in the Final 4 100/100 times and I get that.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

bombers3shooter wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Agree to disagree, but UCF is in the same tier as Notre Dame this season and I would love to see that matchup because I think it would be a good game. UCF won a Fiesta Bowl just a few years ago and like I said above ND who always gets the benefit of doubt 0-8 in major bowls the last 25 years! They generate more interest and more money for the NCAA, that is all.

Notre Dame would have gotten rolled by LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, and probably Washington too. If ND goes undefeated like they did they get in the Final 4 100/100 times and I get that.
I hate the 4 team playoff. But ucf knows how things are, chooses to continue playing no one and therefore they reap what it sew and are deserving of ZERO sympathy. None. Fact is, maybe you are right - maybe they are good enough to be in same tier ND was this year - but because they play no one you don't know if they are are good enough and neither does anyone else.

The real point here is, there shouldnt be any debate either way on who gets in. With the same 8 team tourney every other fucking sport has a team like Ga or a big10 champ like osu or an underdog like UCF doesn't get left out NEEDLESSLY. 4 teams is arbitrary and contrived, and again NEEDLESS.

I love morons who make the point that because we really only needed two teams this year (meaning are only two great teams this year) that somehow means 4 teams is enough. It's so asinine. It's one fucking season. This season. Every damn season is different.

No one knows what OSU or Ga does if they get in. Ga shit the bed against Texas but they thought they would be playing for national title. Guessing we see a different Ga team if in playoffs. I believe they were closest team to Bama and Clemson and sure would have been fun to see them have to face Ga.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master