Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Vancouver Showcase

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
bubu dubu.

Re: Vancouver Showcase

Post by bubu dubu. »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:40 pm Coffey is not a point guard.
Its bad, but they don't really have options there. That Jamir Harris kid who transferred out would probably be getting some big minutes at point.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

IW needs to play more minutes. Coffey is terrible at point.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Its bad, but they don't really have options there. That Jamir Harris kid who transferred out would probably be getting some big minutes at point.
He never played point guard in HS. Literally all he brought was shooting.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

McBrayer having a horrible game.. Coffey not much better... yet Pitino won't mix it up.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Not having a real PG is going to kill them in the Big 10. As fun and talented as they seem to be, that is a glaring hole that negates everything else.
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:19 pm
Would probably still be a better option at point. Gophers have no depth there at all. Big mistake by Pitino, hoping the NCAA would grant that Carr kid eligibility to band-aid the big wound.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Their line up would be so much better as:

PG - real PG
SG - Gabe
SF - Coffey
PF - Murphy
C- Oturo

McBrayer, Omersa, Stall, Stockman, Washington off the bench. Much better!
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:21 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Would probably still be a better option at point. Gophers have no depth there at all. Big mistake by Pitino, hoping the NCAA would grant that Carr kid eligibility to band-aid the big wound.
The mistake was anyone thinking Carr would be eligible. Pitino tried to fix the PG issue by sending out Stockman in favor of Crandall.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Santa Clara hangin around....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 pm Their line up would be so much better as:

PG - real PG
SG - Gabe
SF - Coffey
PF - Murphy
C- Oturo

McBrayer, Omersa, Stall, Stockman, Washington off the bench. Much better!
If Carr is eligible and Curry isn't hurt... looks like a much different team.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ruh roh...tie game.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Coffey/McBrayer haven't given much of anything in this game. Crazy.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Is there really ANY chance Murph makes an NBA roster? Other than some solid rebounding, I see nothing that makes me think he could ever play at that level....am I wrong?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:47 pm Is there really ANY chance Murph makes an NBA roster? Other than some solid rebounding, I see nothing that makes me think he could ever play at that level....am I wrong?
No. he's 6'6 and can't shoot from outside. I don't see it at this point. I think Mbakwe was a better player with more size too.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Angry coach!
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

I hope we get officiating like this all year. We have gotten every call
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

4 FT attempts for McBrayer! LOL!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

No PG and horrific FT shooting. This team will end up being a disappointment.
Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Iffy charge call. #22 flopped, but the kid did push off with the off hand.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Oooh, McBrayer.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:08 pm Iffy charge call. #22 flopped, but the kid did push off with the off hand.
Happened numerous times and Gabe started selling it.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Gophers will lose by 20 tomorrow if they play like they have the last two games. Sloppy, horrifying free throw numbers.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Washington only beat Texas A&M by 4, they aren't playing Duke. Lot's of positives: Gabe is already our best player, Oturu is going to be a force very soon, D is much better than last year. Lot's of negatives: FT% sucks, turnovers, half court offense is sloppy, PG and Washington still drives me insane. This team is going to be decent not great, a fringe NCAA tourney team. Next year with: Carr, Gabe, Coffey, Hurt (praying) and Curry/Oturu that's Big-10 champ material.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am Washington only beat Texas A&M by 4, they aren't playing Duke. Lot's of positives: Gabe is already our best player, Oturu is going to be a force very soon, D is much better than last year. Lot's of negatives: FT% sucks, turnovers, half court offense is sloppy, PG and Washington still drives me insane. This team is going to be decent not great, a fringe NCAA tourney team. Next year with: Carr, Gabe, Coffey, Hurt (praying) and Curry/Oturu that's Big-10 champ material.
Murphy's back to shooting 60% from the line like his first two years... given how much he gets to the line, he's gotta be back to 70% like last year. That's the difference 2-3 points difference and it's a huge problem!

Once again the Gophers get screwed by the NCAA with Carr's waiver not going through. Not having that extra true PG is going to hurt them big time. Coffey can handle it a bit but it's not natural for him to bring up the ball with a guy defending him.

I haven't seen it yet to think this is an NCAA team... fringe sure.
McBrayer 4-14
Murphy 3-9
Coffey 3-14

And they won by 14? Level of competition not so good last night. Pitino has to work in those bench guys more.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

full force five wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am Washington only beat Texas A&M by 4, they aren't playing Duke. Lot's of positives: Gabe is already our best player, Oturu is going to be a force very soon, D is much better than last year. Lot's of negatives: FT% sucks, turnovers, half court offense is sloppy, PG and Washington still drives me insane. This team is going to be decent not great, a fringe NCAA tourney team. Next year with: Carr, Gabe, Coffey, Hurt (praying) and Curry/Oturu that's Big-10 champ material.
Change the names and you could have thrown up this post most of the past Novembers.
This program is much more fragile than we think.

They're returning 5 of top 6 from an NIT winning team.
They could have the league's top back court in Dre and Andre
Last year was the year (2 all Big Ten players) until the rapist center got kicked.

It's the same thing every year - they are fringe until they ain't.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:29 am
Change the names and you could have thrown up this post most of the past Novembers.
This program is much more fragile than we think.

They're returning 5 of top 6 from an NIT winning team.
They could have the league's top back court in Dre and Andre
Last year was the year (2 all Big Ten players) until the rapist center got kicked.

It's the same thing every year - they are fringe until they ain't.
That team had some promise. Also the first year the anchors that were Konate and Diedhiou were on campus. McNeil gets suspended after beating up a women (I think he killed someone years later), Carlos Morris was terrible and Mathieu regressed.

Outside of Hollins and Mo Walker... yuck.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

This team with someone who can bring the ball up the court adequately is a top 5 Big Ten team. Pathetic that Pitino was hoping for some transfers to fill the giant hole.
bri

Post by bri »

Brickfest
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I forgot this was even on. Their FT shooting is embarrassing, as is their shooting overall.
Let's get Tropical
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Horrendous shouting. Our offense looks pathetic.