Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Vancouver Showcase

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Vancouver Showcase

Post by HeHateMe »

Gophers hoops versus Texas A&M tonight 930, espn2.

Santa Clara Tuesday 8pm and Washington Wednesday 7pm. BIG GAMES!

Expecting to win at least two out of three of these. Need that momentum as they head into the next four... @Boston College, OK St at US Bank, @Ohio St and home versus Nebraska. Seems weird this early to be away from Williams Arena for the next 7 games.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
bubu dubu.

Re: Vancouver Showcase

Post by bubu dubu. »

Hopefully the Gophers can prevent MN sports from going 0 for 4 on the day.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

is A and M supposed to be good? I know they went to the sweet 16 a few years back, but not sure if they lost a bunch of players, or whats going on there.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Why are the Gophers wearing black jerseys with white lettering? I get that the kids like alternate jerseys and helmets, etc., but use at least one of your team colors ffs.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

gophers with 20 turnovers already...Coffey is not a PH and Washington is a loose cannon
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I'm cool with still being patient with Washington. He's got a ton of handles, and gets to the rim fairly easily. His problem is that he focused on the damn Jelly roll before he was a prospect, and finessing the ball to the hoop. Some more time in games like this, and the Big Ten, he should learn to go stronger. I like his demeanor on the court too. Very proactive with his teammates, though he does seem to get too down on himself sometimes.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

well, fuck.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

So long little Richie!
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Odd, but fair officiating. Very tick tacky.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:19 pm So long little Richie!
:roll: Pitino coached well at the end and it was even mentioned by the TV announcer.

They got the job done at the end and got turnovers and forced long desperation three’s when it counted. Nice win even though they blew the lead. Texas A & M has some nice players and a lot of athletes.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

INSIJS wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 pm
:roll: Pitino coached well at the end and it was even mentioned by the TV announcer.

They got the job done at the end and got turnovers and forced long desperation three’s when it counted. Nice win even though they blew the lead. Texas A & M has some nice players and a lot of athletes.
Looked like the Gophers playing the Gophers.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Refs dictated too much of the game, but didnt decide it. It was evenly called, but is not what I expect in college ball. Felt like there was a foul on every possession starting at about the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half. Kind of a shame, because the game had a good pace in the first half.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:05 am Refs dictated too much of the game, but didnt decide it. It was evenly called, but is not what I expect in college ball. Felt like there was a foul on every possession starting at about the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half. Kind of a shame, because the game had a good pace in the first half.
Completely agree. It was rough watching the second half because they called every little thing, both ways. Nearly impossible for any team to get into a rhythm. The turnovers and missed free throws were very concerning.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:53 pm gophers with 20 turnovers already...Coffey is not a PH and Washington is a loose cannon
Coffey playing pg is like Blake playing pg years back, it’s not ideal at all. They need Washington to be out there at times just to bring the ball up. Coffey looks exhausted if someone picks him up full court and turns him different directions numerous times. I’m hoping the first half was the team we will normally see and the second half was just worst case scenario. They would have won by at least 10 had they made some free throws.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

INSIJS wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 pm

He switched into a defense late in the game basically begging a and m to launch contested threes. It worked. That was a good move.

I’m not sure I understand sid and other rubes mentalities like Sergeant Rubetube where it’s all about “Fire Pitino” ... don’t we want the program to do well? Don’t they have some talent on this team? I was pretty frustrated watching that second half but Pitino isn’t missing the foul shots that numerous guys should make. He can’t control the refs therefore the guys making silly dumb fouls versus just playing straight up hurt a lot too. Murphy in foul trouble is a huge disadvantage for this team. He has to know until Curry is back, they need him for 30-35 minutes every game.
full force five

Post by full force five »

They won right? Reading some of these comments I would have thought they lost by 20. You guys know they start 2 freshman? And 3 freshman play a lot? I think Pitino was banking on Carr, and now is working on plan B. Washington underwhelms me, if he just focused on being a point guard and not "Jelly" that would go long way.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

full force five wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 am They won right? Reading some of these comments I would have thought they lost by 20. You guys know they start 2 freshman? And 3 freshman play a lot? I think Pitino was banking on Carr, and now is working on plan B. Washington underwhelms me, if he just focused on being a point guard and not "Jelly" that would go long way.
Outside of one poster, what are you talking about it sounds like we lost by 20?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 am They won right? Reading some of these comments I would have thought they lost by 20. You guys know they start 2 freshman? And 3 freshman play a lot? I think Pitino was banking on Carr, and now is working on plan B. Washington underwhelms me, if he just focused on being a point guard and not "Jelly" that would go long way.
Hopefully most fans were like myself and assumed Carr wouldn't be eligible. I don't understand the waiver system though clearly since some dude just late last week got the OK to play.. Syracuse transfer to Vanderbilt. Literally no hardship was made public... and they cleared him. Vandy coach I think said "our compliance department did great work" … I am so confused by the process. I think Carr playing this year would have made Washington look elsewhere though.

This team without Murphy on the floor just doesn't really have an identity unless they're just pushing the ball constantly. The game slowed down big time in the second half, and my worry is that's more of what we'll see in the big ten. So Murphy HAS to be on the floor. Curry will help if he's not though.

remember Eric Curry? Been forever.
Big Head

Post by Big Head »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:30 am
Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:53 pm gophers with 20 turnovers already...Coffey is not a PH and Washington is a loose cannon
Coffey playing pg is like Blake playing pg years back, it’s not ideal at all. They need Washington to be out there at times just to bring the ball up. Coffey looks exhausted if someone picks him up full court and turns him different directions numerous times.
Agree - it seems like it can work to steal some minutes against some opposing lineups, but not something we should count on using for long stretches against tough defensive teams and tough defensive point guards. A&M adjusted and slowed the game down and put more full court defensive pressure on him in the second half.

Maybe we can make some adjustments and figure out how to attack this type of defense as a team with a bit more practice and game experience to help us be more effective with it when we do use it?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Next opponent on Tuesday is Santa Clara featuring former Gopher Josh Martin!
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:09 pm Next opponent on Tuesday is Santa Clara featuring former Gopher Josh Martin!
Refresh our memories?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Should be an easy win tonight for the Gophs. I am really encouraged by the potential of this team. In a down BIG10 year, they have a shot to be in the thick of things.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Cripes wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:09 pm Next opponent on Tuesday is Santa Clara featuring former Gopher Josh Martin!
Refresh our memories?
Came in the same class as Nate Mason, quit after 8 games because he was unhappy with his role.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:07 am Should be an easy win tonight for the Gophs. I am really encouraged by the potential of this team. In a down BIG10 year, they have a shot to be in the thick of things.
The big ten is not down this year. It was last year.... not this year.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Would like to see Hurt play more tonight. Little brother isn't gonna come here if big brother doesn't get to play.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:36 pm Would like to see Hurt play more tonight. Little brother isn't gonna come here if big brother doesn't get to play.....
This is true.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:36 pm Would like to see Hurt play more tonight. Little brother isn't gonna come here if big brother doesn't get to play.....
This is true.
It really is, isn't it? The joy of possibly playing with your brother gets tempered when you realize there's a good chance he'd be deep on Pitino's bench. Who are we kidding anyway....Young Mr Hurt isn't comin to Dinkytown. :cry:
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Coffey is not a point guard.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

WE HAVE A HURT SIGHTING!!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

This Kalsheur fellow is a stone cold assassin from 3! LOVE IT!