Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Purdue @ Goofs

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
Small Hands

Purdue @ Goofs

Post by Small Hands »

Well... Clearly the defense is playing inspired ball today. They must've been ecstatic when Smith got fired. Nice to see a good game today against a good offensive team.
Small Hands

Re: Purdue @ Goofs

Post by Small Hands »

I'd roll with Green at QB the rest of this game. See if he can be effective in the passing game.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

The gophers de has held Purdue to about 100 yards.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:54 pm The gophers de has held Purdue to about 100 yards.
2 yards rushing :lol:

Pretty sure they were embarrassed about the worst defensive performance of the year.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Gotta believe Johnson has a chance to play on Sunday's. That was a big time catch.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:00 pm
Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:54 pm The gophers de has held Purdue to about 100 yards.
2 yards rushing :lol:

Pretty sure they were embarrassed about the worst defensive performance of the year.
But we saw the Illinois rob gash the d for huge runs... nothing today. Could it really be the change is coaches?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Damn. I was going to bet big they would win by 14+ This Purdue team was expected by Vegas to smoke the Gophers.

Purdue isn't very good.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Wow the Goofers won?? Ski-doo-mah!!
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Row the boat
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Say it with me froobs.... SIGNATURE WIN!

A few "Quick hitters" from Teh Tube this week.

- I was told Philip John really "Challenged" his staff this week. It sure showed today. The coaches didn't get complacent and put the "Pedal to the metal" so to speak.

- We saw this one coming. After crunching some stats, Purdue is a very mediocre team. Combine that with a team who was just humiliated, at home on a cloudy and cold day, that's a recipe for disaster for the opponent.

- The quarterbacks are still terrible. A crushing win and your QB has 10 completions all day?!? Yes, you read that right.

That's all we have for today. You can catch me over on Twitter.

Big shout out to our "Maniacs". We can't do this without you guy's and your donations. We are hoping to get our "Heavy Hitters" Podcast started soon.

Peace and Love

“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Wonder what that fired D-Coordinator is thinkin?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 pm Say it with me froobs.... SIGNATURE WIN!

A few "Quick hitters" from Teh Tube this week.

- I was told Philip John really "Challenged" his staff this week. It sure showed today. The coaches didn't get complacent and put the "Pedal to the metal" so to speak.

- We saw this one coming. After crunching some stats, Purdue is a very mediocre team. Combine that with a team who was just humiliated, at home on a cloudy and cold day, that's a recipe for disaster for the opponent.

- The quarterbacks are still terrible. A crushing win and your QB has 10 completions all day?!? Yes, you read that right.

That's all we have for today. You can catch me over on Twitter.

Big shout out to our "Maniacs". We can't do this without you guy's and your donations. We are hoping to get our "Heavy Hitters" Podcast started soon.

Peace and Love

:lol:

I literally just lost about 3 pounds laughing at this. "Big shout to our ''maniacs". I swear to God, I wouldnt believe it if wasn't right there in black and white. You simply cannot make this fucker up.
Style

Post by Style »

Nice win. I was surprised.

Defense played well. Usually this type of bounce back performance happens only in the NFL. It seems generally when a college team is down (like we were), they don’t get back up. Kudos to those involved that continued to *gasp* row the boat. Proof that Robb Smith had no business coaching this defense.

Two games left. Host Northwestern then travel to Madison. Not sure how we win either game. Man a win at Wisconsin would be so great this year.

If I was running the show in Dinkytown I’d be in the lab drawing up all kinds of crazy trick plays. Literally have to bust out the kitchen sink these next two games. I’d coach aggressive AF going for it on any reasonable opportunity. Tons of blitz packages and fake FGs and punts. Nothing to lose. Relay that message to the players and go have some fun and try to steal a win to become bowl eligible.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

If this is a signature win, the program will remain in its perpetual state of "fucked". You know why they demolished Purdue? They ran the ball and played defense. They found a way to put pressure on Blough. And they kept Purdue's offense on the sidelines by constantly moving the chains. Everybody gets a boner when a QB throws 50 times, but that's not how you win in the Big 10 in November.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:49 pm If this is a signature win, the program will remain in its perpetual state of "fucked". You know why they demolished Purdue? They ran the ball and played defense. They found a way to put pressure on Blough. And they kept Purdue's offense on the sidelines by constantly moving the chains. Everybody gets a boner when a QB throws 50 times, but that's not how you win in the Big 10 in November.

I love me some Feek! Spot on as usual.

Signature win is of course preposterous and hilarious. Damn nice win and completely unexpected, however. This Rubetoobretard trying to say a team that beat Iowa and ahiuh state sucks is classic. Had been second in confer scoring as well.

As most rubes who have a clue have known, we have some talent but depth is awful. That's why all of a sudden not being able to stop anyone was so shocking and made it very evident that the coaching on D side of ball was extremely poor. It was so obvious that their positioning, lining up and confusion was such a major piece to it - for Christ sakes it's hard to give up so many Good damn 50 yard plus runs.

You nailed it - it's simple. Changing the style and finally fucking running the god damn ball and then cleaning up and simplifying the nonsense on defense led to a really good defensive performance. This ain't rocket science.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Excellent win! So proud of our Gophers for getting a dominant win after most wrote them off. What a sweet feeling for them. The haters need to give them major major props.

0-12 on third down after all the gash plays recently. Say what you want, Purdue put up 49 on Ohio St.

Oh how sweet it would be to beat Wisconsin. Love to see them get bowl eligible. Plenty to like about this team and I can see why recruits would be excited. This is fun football to watch. We’re comin’!
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I have high hopes for the program in 2020! Good win for the Gophers!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
hategreenticemase

HeHateMe wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:30 am I have high hopes for the program in 2020! Good win for the Gophers!
Here's the deal - Purdue ain't goin to a NYD bowl game but they are a quality team with some very nice wins. But it's the fact that we so thoroughly reversed the trend of horrific, hide your eyes defense and play a very good defensive game that got me excited a tad.

We needed it!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 am
HeHateMe wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:30 am I have high hopes for the program in 2020! Good win for the Gophers!
Here's the deal - Purdue ain't goin to a NYD bowl game but they are a quality team with some very nice wins. But it's the fact that we so thoroughly reversed the trend of horrific, hide your eyes defense and play a very good defensive game that got me excited a tad.

We needed it!
PJ should pay me to show up at tailgating during November games. Iowa 2014, Nebraska 2017 and Purdue 2018. :lol: And two of those I didn't even go into the stadium.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
hategreenticemase

HeHateMe wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:48 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 am

We needed it!
PJ should pay me to show up at tailgating during November games. Iowa 2014, Nebraska 2017 and Purdue 2018. :lol: And two of those I didn't even go into the stadium.

Mix in going to Wisconsin game. Id pay your ticket if you guaranteed a win!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

FORTY ONE TO TEN??!!! Who knew?!

SKI-U-MAH!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:03 pm FORTY ONE TO TEN??!!! Who knew?!

SKI-U-MAH!!
Row the boat, munger.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

I hope they make the Micron PC Bowl. Is that even a bowl anymore?
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Herky

Post by Herky »

Qman65 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 am I hope they make the Micron PC Bowl. Is that even a bowl anymore?
That sponsorship ended in 2000. Minnesota vs NC State were the last teams to play in it.

Not sure if it became another bowl or not.
Ski

Post by Ski »

Shocker for sure, but ain't going to lie, gives me a little hope for the last two games. At home against a weird NW team that has already clinched, then the "impossible", at Madison against a lost Becky team. Maybe, just maybe.... :thinking: