Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

See ya, Shannon Brooks

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
feekdogg

See ya, Shannon Brooks

Post by feekdogg »

Currently being held without bail. Looks like he did his best Zeke Elliott impersonation and beat up his girlfriend. Allegedly.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: See ya, Shannon Brooks

Post by HeHateMe »

Goodbye, Shannon.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

PP is reporting it was a male roommate. Apparently that qualifies as domestic assault.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Jesus Christ. I am so fucking tired of this garbage.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:12 am PP is reporting it was a male roommate. Apparently that qualifies as domestic assault.
Well..... that changes things a bit, at least for me.

feekdogg wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am Currently being held without bail. Looks like he did his best Zeke Elliott impersonation and beat up his girlfriend. Allegedly.
Good reason why you wait to gather facts, I suppose.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Too bad it wasn't Anthrax. I'm sick of watching that kid throw the ball.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

HeHateMe wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:53 pm
feekdogg wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:12 am PP is reporting it was a male roommate. Apparently that qualifies as domestic assault.

feekdogg wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am Currently being held without bail. Looks like he did his best Zeke Elliott impersonation and beat up his girlfriend. Allegedly.
I betcha the team dismisses him regardless.

No fucking way they're wanna get into a shit storm if domestic assault against a man gets lighter sentence than domestic assault against a woman (which would be automatic removal of team if guilty)
full force five

Post by full force five »

It would be nice if people waited for more than 30 seconds before passing judgement. I guess it's not now the world works these days.

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

DC4MVP wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:19 am

No fucking way they're wanna get into a shit storm if domestic assault against a man gets lighter sentence than domestic assault against a woman (which would be automatic removal of team if guilty)
Sorry but if you punch a gal versus punch a guy, they are completely different things. If he beats the crap out of either one, that's a different issue of course. Waiting to see what else happens here... I saw a lot of fights in college, never once were cops involved and some kids got LIT up.
full force five

Post by full force five »

I got into a fight with my roommate, guy was a total douche. It happens. Granted I wan't a running back at a major D-1 school. With that comes added responsibility. What is annoying is when people jump to conclusions with out any facts.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:37 am
DC4MVP wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:19 am

Sorry but if you punch a gal versus punch a guy, they are completely different things. If he beats the crap out of either one, that's a different issue of course. Waiting to see what else happens here... I saw a lot of fights in college, never once were cops involved and some kids got LIT up.
Sure. Absolutely one is worse than the other but I'm here imaging that he tuned him up pretty well if he got charged with Domestic Abuse and the roommate didn't, then it must have been a one-sided altercation especially if the roommate pressed charges. If Brooks is some huge muscle bound D-1 running back and the other one is just an average sized dude, it may be hard for that guy to defend himself.

Simple college fights don't usually turn into domestic abuse which has a more ominous definition and leans towards the altercation being one sided.

Who knows.....it just seems odd that if it were a fight, it went down as domestic abuse....not assault.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Who cares, we got 2 other backs next year who are better than Brooks anyway!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Some guy over at GH claiming to be the roommate (seems legit), shedding more light onto this old story. Some death threats, history of getting kicked out of previous places, routine weekend partying and drugs. Said nothing ever came of this incident because the only witnesses were football players, and that he tried to reach out to PJ, but PJ never accepted.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

The thread of the supposed roommate has gone on all day, and I'm fairly certain the guy really is the roommate.

Very detailed explanation of what happened. His posts go all the way through page 8 (so far). in the first page or 2, he takes a shot at PJ, then explains why he is not a believer of PJ's culture when pressed about it (that's when he shares he was the roommate). THen people start asking him questions, and he goes into good detail of the events. Its like a tell all story. If the guy is real, and I believe he is, I have no idea how any local media hasnt jumped all over his story. He clearly wants to get everything off his chest.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards ... am-anymore

Even though I believe he is who he says, I'm not going to form opinions on SHannon (or PJ) at all, for the fact that he is still just a faceless guy behind a keyboard, who could be making it up, as well as its just one side of the story.

gopherfan007 is the poster.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm The thread of the supposed roommate has gone on all day, and I'm fairly certain the guy really is the roommate.

Very detailed explanation of what happened. His posts go all the way through page 8 (so far). in the first page or 2, he takes a shot at PJ, then explains why he is not a believer of PJ's culture when pressed about it (that's when he shares he was the roommate). THen people start asking him questions, and he goes into good detail of the events. Its like a tell all story. If the guy is real, and I believe he is, I have no idea how any local media hasnt jumped all over his story. He clearly wants to get everything off his chest.

Even though I believe he is who he says, I'm not going to form opinions on SHannon (or PJ) at all, for the fact that he is still just a faceless guy behind a keyboard, who could be making it up, as well as its just one side of the story.

Great work, Bubu. There are lots of "Nuggets" on GopherHole.

I like PJ and believe in the hire. The whole "Elite Culture" though... ha

He's a cars salesman. I can form a opinion on PJ. He's a dirt ball. All these "Preach almighty" figures are always loons. From priests to coaches. Sad thing is though, you need these types to win.

PJ is going to bring this program back imo. Do I think he's a saint? Nope. Do I think he's what we need to win? Yep.

I was on the old Western Michigan forums. Some things said about him, ex wife etc. Is unsettling.

Who knows if it's true. The guy is a head case though. Don't care. Just win baby!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:34 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm The thread of the supposed roommate has gone on all day, and I'm fairly certain the guy really is the roommate.

He's a cars salesman. I can form a opinion on PJ. He's a dirt ball. All these "Preach almighty" figures are always loons. From priests to coaches. Sad thing is though, you need these types to win.

PJ is going to bring this program back imo. Do I think he's a saint? Nope. Do I think he's what we need to win? Yep.
I believe in PJs ability to build a program, and also believe he's a good guy. If this GH guy's story ever was verified, I still don't see how it can diminish PJ's character too much. We don't know how Shannon may have been punished internally, and also, there's nothing wrong with a coach giving a guy a second chance. He pulled Winfield and Seth Green back in after the fiasco they were allegedly involved in during the Claey's regime. I think this Jane kid is the first to be kicked off the team by PJ, and well, he punched a cop, so there wasnt really any other option. Had he not punched the cop, and just was a drunken idiot, I believe he would have been given a second chance like the other guys mentioned before, as well as your boy Demry (who left the team on his own).
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 pm

I believe in PJs ability to build a program, and also believe he's a good guy. If this GH guy's story ever was verified, I still don't see how it can diminish PJ's character too much. We don't know how Shannon may have been punished internally, and also, there's nothing wrong with a coach giving a guy a second chance. He pulled Winfield and Seth Green back in after the fiasco they were allegedly involved in during the Claey's regime. I think this Jane kid is the first to be kicked off the team by PJ, and well, he punched a cop, so there wasnt really any other option. Had he not punched the cop, and just was a drunken idiot, I believe he would have been given a second chance like the other guys mentioned before, as well as your boy Demry (who left the team on his own).
I shouldn't say "Dirt ball" but PJ care about one thing.. Winning!

That's what we need here.

Sid has said it for years... This University is too worried about Academics etc with their athletes.

You want a winner, you lower that bar.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:34 pm I was on the old Western Michigan forums.
This is probably the weirdest thing about this story.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Croft technically left on his own, but he was strongly nudged out the door.
I believe Brooks clocked this kid. I also believe he probably had it coming.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Croft technically left on his own, but he was strongly nudged out the door.
I believe Brooks clocked this kid. I also believe he probably had it coming.
I am sickened to learn this. Fleck should have been fired for running off a superstar such as Demry Croft. How does the guy still have a job?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:25 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:34 pm I was on the old Western Michigan forums.
This is probably the weirdest thing about this story.
Just doing my due diligence. Nice community over there.

Just trying to keep my "Fingers on the pulse" when the Gophers were looking at Philip John.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Gopherhole is notorious for being full of crackpots and I would be very leery of believing anything coming from there. That is not to say outright you can't trust anything, but I'll believe it when I see it.