Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2018-19 Gophers Hoops Season

Home for Gopher Basketball
Clubhouseleader

Re: 2018-19 Gophers Hoops Season

Post by Clubhouseleader »

I’m glad mason is finally gone. They need to start Washington, coffee at point guard would be a disaster.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:10 pm I’m glad mason is finally gone. They need to start Washington, coffee at point guard would be a disaster.
Agreed. Another recruit the was OMG WE GOT HIM!! and now they are talking Coffey at PG :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:10 pm I’m glad mason is finally gone. They need to start Washington, coffee at point guard would be a disaster.
Coffey is too good of a player to be a disaster at anything. Get real.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Gophers versus Omaha tonight. Bet your house on the Goofs covering!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Over/under on how many games Curry plays this season? I'd say 8 is a good place to start......
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Was unable to watch the game tonight, but like what I see in the box score, specifically the 11 assists from IW, and the 8/8 from the line for Coffey.

Would like to see some highlights of those 11 assists.
full force five

Post by full force five »

With Oturu and Matts we should be fine at center, hopefully Curry plays more than 8 games. Get him back by Christmas.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:58 pm Was unable to watch the game tonight, but like what I see in the box score, specifically the 11 assists from IW, and the 8/8 from the line for Coffey.

Would like to see some highlights of those 11 assists.
I watched most of it -- bought the btn plus monthly pass so I could watch last week's game and this week's... not sure if I'll need it again.

Washington looked good though trying to move the ball to others. When the Gophers push the ball, they look really good. In the half court set, still not enough flow. Murphy again was in the high post which always confuses me... then he tries to take everyone off the dribble.

The shooting should be a lot better this year with the additions of Kalscheur and Stull, plus healthy Coffey/McBrayer. I know Crandall would have been a good addition (second semester that is) but holy crap they need Stockman's size underneath. He's got a decent touch around the hoop, seems like decent hands, not overly physical but just having his hand up should be OK defense. Curry out and Oturu a true freshman, they needed Stockman more than Crandall.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Carr can't play this year.... :pissed:
Style

Post by Style »

Hornets wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:55 pm Carr can't play this year.... :pissed:
NCAA is so dysfunctional.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I didn't expect him to play this year but of course the hard thing is watching tons of guys get waivers and then the one here doesn't. Hardship waiver requests are so up and down it's insane.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Big game tonight...... Utah at home.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Kalscheur... STUD
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:01 pm Kalscheur... STUD
Yeah, kid was knockin em down that 1st half. If Pitino can continue to land a few homegrown studs every year or two we might just have somethin! Imagine if Curry and Carr were available tonight?!

SKI-U-MAH!
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Very smooth shooter. That's been lacking.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 pm
Haven't had a shooter like this since Double T was knockin em down in Dinkytown!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:28 pm
feekdogg wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 pm
Haven't had a shooter like this since Double T was knockin em down in Dinkytown!
Hoffarber disagrees!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

solid win. I like the talent Pitino has been bringing in, just wonder when the fuck he's gonna get some for the upcoming class.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:31 pm solid win. I like the talent Pitino has been bringing in, just wonder when the fuck he's gonna get some for the upcoming class.
Keeping a seat warm for one guy in particular.... otherwise they are two deep at every position but center next year. I wonder if that is affecting the class at all?

Sounds like they'll have this wing committing this week. Supposedly another good shooter who is at a prep school in Utah, Tre Williams.

I think Roddy would have been a good addition but he's much lower on the totem pole than Nnaji, Wahl and Tyrell Terry who the Gophers all wanted but missed on. Terry wasn't really needed in the end because they have Willis/Carr eligible for sure next year with Washington and Coffey still here.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Frontline depth will be helpful come Big 10 season.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

This team is shaping up nicely with great depth. The new guys are looking good. Love Kalscheur’s shooting, Omersa’s strength and energy and Oturu’s length. Spread the floor and give Gabe 15 to 18 shots per game. Why wait? Shooter’s are at a premium and the kid could average 22-25 ppg. Love it.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
full force five

I was most impressed with Gabe, wow can he shoot, looks like he's 22, and is a big guard. If Curry heals fast and some miracle we get Carr this team will be deep and good this year.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:31 pm solid win. I like the talent Pitino has been bringing in, just wonder when the fuck he's gonna get some for the upcoming class.
Keeping a seat warm for one guy in particular.... otherwise they are two deep at every position but center next year. I wonder if that is affecting the class at all?

Sounds like they'll have this wing committing this week. Supposedly another good shooter who is at a prep school in Utah, Tre Williams.

I think Roddy would have been a good addition but he's much lower on the totem pole than Nnaji, Wahl and Tyrell Terry who the Gophers all wanted but missed on. Terry wasn't really needed in the end because they have Willis/Carr eligible for sure next year with Washington and Coffey still here.
Getting Hurt saves all. Do it.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 am I was most impressed with Gabe, wow can he shoot, looks like he's 22, and is a big guard. If Curry heals fast and some miracle we get Carr this team will be deep and good this year.
I'd prefer Carr to play over sit but longterm I do think it benefits the program to have him sit. You have Stull/McBrayer for this year, yes Carr >> Washington but if Carr does play, there becomes a minutes scramble. Already last night you saw Stull not get any minutes and he's perfectly capable. He's a really good shooter too. I'd hate to see Kalscheur get less minutes and they do need to get Michael in there as well if you want any shot at seeing Matthew Hurt here next year. Michael can do some things well -- especially offensively with shooting and passing.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

beetlebum71 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:33 am

Carr/Kalscheur/Coffey/Matt Hurt/Oturu -- next year starting lineup. Big ten champs.
full force five

Carr/Kalscheur/Coffey/Matt Hurt/Oturu - Would be a deadly line-up with length and crazy atheticism. Curry, Willis, IW, Omersa - coming off the bench
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:00 am
beetlebum71 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:33 am

Carr/Kalscheur/Coffey/Matt Hurt/Oturu -- next year starting lineup. Big ten champs.
With Omersa, Curry, IW, and Willis on the bench, plus a JUCO beefeater or two.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Tre Jones could have been a savior here... I realize he's a glue guy for the Duke three headed monster but...
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

I watched most of the game. I thought they looked good. Curry can only help. Kalscheur was impressive.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:42 pm I watched most of the game. I thought they looked good. Curry can only help. Kalscheur was impressive.
I told Damian Johnson on twitter Gabe was the best pure shooter they've had since Blake. He didn't agree with me last spring... he agrees with me now he says. :lol: