Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Miami Ohio at Gophers

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
bubu dubu.

Miami Ohio at Gophers

Post by bubu dubu. »

Gophers are clearly the better team. Should win by multiple scores.

Was surprised to see Tyler Johnson catch his first couple passes, as he usually drops them...Then he goes on to drop 2 passes in the redzone.
bubu dubu.

Re: Miami Ohio at Gophers

Post by bubu dubu. »

Gophers with 9 points off of terrible mistakes by Miami...

One, a fumble by the QB, losing the ball on the wind up for a throw, without being touched. Gophers offense gets a TD on the ensuing possession.

two, Gophers pin Miami at their own one. Miami RB trips in the backfield for a safety.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Zack is really hurting. Need to bring Tanner in.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Was at the game today, but thought Fleck took out Zack thinking the game was in hand. Hell of a game by the punter too.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 pm Was at the game today, but thought Fleck took out Zack thinking the game was in hand. Hell of a game by the punter too.
I also thought the game was in hand, fell asleep like halfway through the 3rd quarter. For what its worth, on TV Zack looked pretty hurt. Limping more than Aaron Rodgers was...and of course the announcers kept bring Rodgers into the conversation.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 pm Was at the game today, but thought Fleck took out Zack thinking the game was in hand. Hell of a game by the punter too.
I also thought the game was in hand, fell asleep like halfway through the 3rd quarter. For what its worth, on TV Zack looked pretty hurt. Limping more than Aaron Rodgers was...and of course the announcers kept bring Rodgers into the conversation.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

He should have been brought out much sooner. I dont get letting him limp around in a game vs Fn Miami OH. There is value in Morgan playing anyway (since we may have a problem with our starters health) as he is so inexperienced. While I admired Annexstad's toughness, I thought he clearly should have been sat when he couldnt move for shix.

I am very interested in this team vs conference opponents. It feels like we are pretty improved across the board. Defensively we are playing well. We have some athletes.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Fleck really buys into the macho bullshit. Gotta show everyone how tough you are, blah, blah, blah.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:45 am Fleck really buys into the macho bullshit. Gotta show everyone how tough you are, blah, blah, blah.
Definitely it had to be a conscious decision. I was ok with him going back in, but when it was clear he couldn't move well and wouldn't be as adept at protecting himself as normal the right move became to save him from himself. Wrong decision.

What's your thoughts so far? You are as plugged in as anyone here. I am surprised at what I'm seeing but having a hard time discerning how much of that is due to the competition making us look good...
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

I can't take much away from the Miami or NMSU games. Those are bad football teams and the results show that. The secondary has suprised me the most. They lost lots of depth back there, but they've been really, really good. Terrell Smith certainly looks like he'll play on Sundays.
They ran the ball fine yesterday, but again, bad competition. If the line doesn't start playing better, I've heard fully pulling redshirts on Faalele and Dunlap.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 am I can't take much away from the Miami or NMSU games. Those are bad football teams and the results show that. The secondary has suprised me the most. They lost lots of depth back there, but they've been really, really good. Terrell Smith certainly looks like he'll play on Sundays.
They ran the ball fine yesterday, but again, bad competition. If the line doesn't start playing better, I've heard fully pulling redshirts on Faalele and Dunlap.
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with most everything that you said. Knowing that two of the three teams we played are not good it's tough to gauge where we are truly at. I could not agree more on the secondary however. Love the Smith kid.

I don't follow the personnel as closely as you do - are the two lineman you mentioned not playing currently but you feel are better than current starters? I do agree ol has been the team weakness
D_H

Post by D_H »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:45 am Fleck really buys into the macho bullshit. Gotta show everyone how tough you are, blah, blah, blah.
Can't stand him

so we can "beat" the Sisters of the Poor ...schedule some real f****** teams and get back with me.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:23 am
feekdogg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 am I can't take much away from the Miami or NMSU games. Those are bad football teams and the results show that. The secondary has suprised me the most. They lost lots of depth back there, but they've been really, really good. Terrell Smith certainly looks like he'll play on Sundays.
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with most everything that you said. Knowing that two of the three teams we played are not good it's tough to gauge where we are truly at. I could not agree more on the secondary however. Love the Smith kid.

I don't follow the personnel as closely as you do - are the two lineman you mentioned not playing currently but you feel are better than current starters? I do agree ol has been the team weakness
The linemen I mentioned both came from IMG Academy with Annexstad. Both highly rated. Dunlap is a guard. Faalele is 6'9" and weighs 400 lbs, he's from Australia and has only been playing football for a couple of years.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:47 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:23 am
Thanks for the feedback.

The linemen I mentioned both came from IMG Academy with Annexstad. Both highly rated. Dunlap is a guard. Faalele is 6'9" and weighs 400 lbs, he's from Australia and has only been playing football for a couple of years.
But are you saying they aren't currently being used? Was your point that they are better than current starters so may forgo RS?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

The OL is OK at C, LT and RG. The other two spots can certainly be improved on. The guys I mentioned played in the first game, but not since. The true freshmen are really pushing for more playing time. It's not a matter of if they'll be starters, but when.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 pm The OL is OK at C, LT and RG. The other two spots can certainly be improved on. The guys I mentioned played in the first game, but not since. The true freshmen are really pushing for more playing time. It's not a matter of if they'll be starters, but when.
Thanks for clarifying. Good stuff.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:25 pm The OL is OK at C, LT and RG. The other two spots can certainly be improved on. The guys I mentioned played in the first game, but not since. The true freshmen are really pushing for more playing time. It's not a matter of if they'll be starters, but when.
I assume you are talking about Dunlap and Faalele? If so, I remember a PJ interview a month or so back where he was adamant that he wanted to redshirt them, so I think the chances of one, let alone both becoming fulltime starters this season is slim. However, with the new redshirt rule, PJ still has some games to spare to get them in.

If my understanding of the rules are correct, they can play in three more games, while still maintaining redshirt eligibility. Maybe they get tossed in the for the Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin tail end of the schedule.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 pm
I assume you are talking about Dunlap and Faalele? If so, I remember a PJ interview a month or so back where he was adamant that he wanted to redshirt them, so I think the chances of one, let alone both becoming fulltime starters this season is slim. However, with the new redshirt rule, PJ still has some games to spare to get them in.

If my understanding of the rules are correct, they can play in three more games, while still maintaining redshirt eligibility. Maybe they get tossed in the for the Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin tail end of the schedule.
You can appear in any 4 games and not lose redshirt status.
Yes, ideally they will both redshirt. But if too many injuries occur, they won't hold them back if they are clearly the best options. From what I've heard, if Faalele develops as expected, it's highly unlikely he'll be here 4 years anyway. NFL scouts are already hounding Fleck about him.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Dammit.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Can we assume the boys already have more passing yards than in year 0? Fleck must be enjoying year 1 more than his first year.
Ketchup can be nuancy
hategreenticemase

Ask Not wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 pm Can we assume the boys already have more passing yards than in year 0? Fleck must be enjoying year 1 more than his first year.
Well played, my friend, well played.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Your first mistake was believing Fleck.