Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Demry "Superstar" Croft

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Demry "Superstar" Croft

Post by RubeTube »

Many thought I was crazy for wanting Croft over Rhoda in the first place. Croft has all the intangibles. Kid could be a absolute stud with enough reps. I saw nothing but great things from him over the summer. This was a early mistake by Fleck. Gophers get their first win Saturday boy's ! It will come on the back of Croft! :thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Re: Demry "Superstar" Croft

Post by hategreenticemase »

Good God you are a beauty. I raced in here to see what you would post, and it was better than I had hoped for even.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

If the Gophers don't win at home against Illinois, you should just forfeit the rest of the season and get to the offseason.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j-one

Post by j-one »

Lose to Illinois and it's "row the submarine"
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

1 day away until Croft blows up the BIG 10! Let's get is going in here boy's!! This is the OFFICIAL home of the Demry "Superstar" Croft fan!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Well, Demry struggled today but ultimately got the W. This thread is a season long test. Let's see what we have at Iowa. I smell an upset. #EliteCulture
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Most people have sense enough of when they humiliate themselves in a thread, they stop posting in it and hope it slips down to bottom of the heap, eventually moves to 2nd page and then slowly gets forgotten after that. You on the other hand, keep bumping it and keep it at the top. I want you to know, I really, really appreciate that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm Most people have sense enough of when they humiliate themselves in a thread, they stop posting in it and hope it slips down to bottom of the heap, eventually moves to 2nd page and then slowly gets forgotten after that. You on the other hand, keep bumping it and keep it at the top. I want you to know, I really, really appreciate that.
Thanks hategreen. I'm glad i entertain you. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm Most people have sense enough of when they humiliate themselves in a thread, they stop posting in it and hope it slips down to bottom of the heap, eventually moves to 2nd page and then slowly gets forgotten after that. You on the other hand, keep bumping it and keep it at the top. I want you to know, I really, really appreciate that.
You entertain everyone. And, no, thank you my friend, thank you.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Is Croft really as terrible as he played yesterday?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
hategreenticemase

Bob Wiley wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 am Is Croft really as terrible as he played yesterday?
This ain't his first go around. He was awful last time when he played as a freshman which is why I couldnt understand why some were high on him - not talking about rubeboob, obviously he doesn't count but some others were high on him also when there had been ZERO evidence from before to indicate he could be good.

To answer your question, with experience and a ton of work maybe he could be ok, but my gut tells me his ceiling would be middling big 10 qb and it's much more likely he improves to below avg. He isn't a very good runner and certainly not as good a runner as most dual threat qb's. I had remembered him being much faster than he is - but he at least is a threat to run so that alone puts him two notches above Rhoda in run game. He locks on receivers and has had limited success in play action designed to 1-2 receivers. That being said we ran at will yest and was therefore ideal circumstances to pass in that sort of play design and he was 5-15 with two picks and nearly lost the game for them.

We need a qb for next year, period.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:36 am
Bob Wiley wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 am Is Croft really as terrible as he played yesterday?
This ain't his first go around. He was awful last time when he played as a freshman which is why I couldnt understand why some were high on him - not talking about rubeboob, obviously he doesn't count but some others were high on him also when there had been ZERO evidence from before to indicate he could be good.

To answer your question, with experience and a ton of work maybe he could be ok, but my gut tells me his ceiling would be middling big 10 qb and it's much more likely he improves to below avg. He isn't a very good runner and certainly not as good a runner as most dual threat qb's. I had remembered him being much faster than he is - but he at least is a threat to run so that alone puts him two notches above Rhoda in run game. He locks on receivers and has had limited success in play action designed to 1-2 receivers. That being said we ran at will yest and was therefore ideal circumstances to pass in that sort of play design and he was 5-15 with two picks and nearly lost the game for them.

We need a qb for next year, period.
Give him enough time and he becomes better than Liedner. I do agree with hategreen though, we need another QB brought in next year to keep the fire lit under Demry.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

You guy's have to remember, this is the kids FIRST start. It's only going to get better. The kid showed great resolve and intestinal fortitude yesterday. You ABSOLUTELY play him the rest of the way. Get him the experience and he's going to take off.

I gave my game ball to Coach Fleck this week. First BIG 10 win and he stuck with his QB. Payed off. Both got a first BIG 10 win! :clap:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 am You guy's have to remember, this is the kids FIRST start. It's only going to get better. The kid showed great resolve and intestinal fortitude yesterday. You ABSOLUTELY play him the rest of the way. Get him the experience and he's going to take off.

I gave my game ball to Coach Fleck this week. First BIG 10 win and he stuck with his QB. Payed off. Both got a first BIG 10 win! :clap:

I blame his performance on coach fleck. I bet coach didn’t tell him to not throw to Illinois players!. Coaching error.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 am You guy's have to remember, this is the kids FIRST start. It's only going to get better. The kid showed great resolve and intestinal fortitude yesterday. You ABSOLUTELY play him the rest of the way. Get him the experience and he's going to take off.

You are a classic. I am neither on or off Fleck - I always said and remain saying, cant evaluate a coach til he has a couple years in. I DISLIKE many things about him, and that number of things I dislike has grown last few weeks with the horrid defense we have played. That said, to be clear, I still like more than I dislike about him and hope he will grow into being what we need him to be. His pedigree is good, and as over the top and annoying as some of his schtick is, it does resonate some with this generation. So I have hope, is my point.

All that said, there is absolutely no measuring stick one can use to praise his coaching for Saturdays game. In no way, shape or form was that a well coached game. In fact, a very strong argument can be made that mind boggling play calling and decision making nearly caused them to lose what should have been an almost unlosable game now that we know how bad IU us.

"I gave my gameball to coach Fleck". When you are wondering why most here mock you, that would be a good place to start.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:53 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 pm
You entertain everyone. And, no, thank you my friend, thank you.
I feel I owe it to you to thank you every week for this instant classic. Thank you!
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Croft is elite. Fleck has turned him into a Heisman contender.
hategreenticemase

My new number one mission here is to never allow this thread to fall from near the top. We need to work together to ensure it stays on first page indefinitely.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

#EverRoseHasItsThorn Never give up Demry. Look forward to watching you do BIG things elsewhere. Hopefully you end up on a team with WRs who can actually run and catch! :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j-one

Post by j-one »

I won't miss him. To be fair, his WRs didn't help him much this year. He was fun to watch as a runner but I like my QB to pass better. Hope the juco has what it takes to get the job done.
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:52 pm #EverRoseHasItsThorn Never give up Demry. Look forward to watching you do BIG things elsewhere. Hopefully you end up on a team with WRs who can actually run and catch! :thumbsup:
:lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Good luck at Tennessee State Demry! Huge news for the school! I will be watching what you do. #DualThreat
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Demry "All Eyez on me" Croft had a impressive first game TN St. Croft split time with Mike Hughes who also played well. Two studs there and really fun to watch them.

34-3 over Bethune Cookman

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 am Demry "All Eyez on me" Croft had a impressive first game TN St. Croft split time with Mike Hughes who also played well. Two studs there and really fun to watch them.

34-3 over Bethune Cookman

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
:lol:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Went and checked TSU website. In 2017 he "Completed 41.5 percent of his passes".
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
hategreenticemase

salamander wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm Went and checked TSU website. In 2017 he "Completed 41.5 percent of his passes".
My guess is it's a white OC. That or someone is out to get him with some sort of racist agenda. :lol:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 pm Good luck at Tennessee State Demry! Huge news for the school! I will be watching what you do. #DualThreat
Keep a close eye on him:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 062645001/

I'm sure it's just a case of mistaken identity.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:36 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 pm Good luck at Tennessee State Demry! Huge news for the school! I will be watching what you do. #DualThreat
Keep a close eye on him:

I'll refrain from any opinion on this matter.

Black is guilty until proven innocent in this country.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 pm
feekdogg wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:36 pm
Keep a close eye on him:

I'll refrain from any opinion on this matter.

Black is guilty until proven innocent in this country.
:lol: I'm sure the "man" is responsible for this too!.......You are a fucking clown...