Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2020 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Home for Gopher Basketball
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: 2020 Gophers Hoops Recruits

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm
D_H wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 am Latest rivals rankings:

Suggs - 8
Garcia - 27
Carlson - 59
Dainja - 129

WOW

Kerwin Walton shooting guard of Hopkins another guy to watch.
And we won't get any of them I bet :thumbsdown:
I'm sure all these recruits were impressed by the Rodents egg laying vs Maryland....
Maryland is pretty good but the second half collapse is worrisome.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The Rodents don't have anyone who can take a game over when points are needed....IF they somehow make it to the dance that is what will certainly doom them. Where is our next Bobby Jackson??
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

JVonne Hadley from Mahtomedi blowing up now.

Suggs/Garcia/Carlson/Dainja/Walton/Hadley... six top 150 kids at least. Eastview has Crowl too, I'm sure I'm missing some others.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Style

Post by Style »

As discussed before, MN has PLENTY of in-state talent to field a competitive to good team every season.

LOCK THESE GUYS UP!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
full force five

Post by full force five »

Crowl is a mid-major type player right no who needs to add some bulk, has a decent frame. . . I've watched him a few times could blow up this summer so is worth watching.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 am Crowl is a mid-major type player right no who needs to add some bulk, has a decent frame. . . I've watched him a few times could blow up this summer so is worth watching.
The type of guy you used to like getting to redshirt so he could bulk up for a year. Now these guys get an offer from an out of state mid major and they gone. I wish there was another D1 school in this state.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 am
full force five wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 am Crowl is a mid-major type player right no who needs to add some bulk, has a decent frame. . . I've watched him a few times could blow up this summer so is worth watching.
The type of guy you used to like getting to redshirt so he could bulk up for a year. Now these guys get an offer from an out of state mid major and they gone. I wish there was another D1 school in this state.
I kind of wish MSU Mankato would. They already are in hockey, are damn good in football every year, and usually pretty decent in basketball. The Taylor Center is a pretty damn nice little arena too.
Let's get Tropical
full force five

Crowl could develop into a good D-1 player. I think Minnesota has done a poor job at developing big men like this. I agree.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 am JVonne Hadley from Mahtomedi blowing up now.

Suggs/Garcia/Carlson/Dainja/Walton/Hadley... six top 150 kids at least. Eastview has Crowl too, I'm sure I'm missing some others.
If Pitino can't land TWO of these boys he needs to hit the road....
full force five

Interestingly, Prior Lake is at Eastview tonight. Dawson Garcia has been out the last few weeks with a foot injury. I'm not sure he is playing tonight. Crowl vs. Robert Jones could be a good matchup.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:32 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 am JVonne Hadley from Mahtomedi blowing up now.

Perhaps he doesn't even get a shot...
full force five

Crowl with 18 last night against Prior lake, meh performance. PL mopped eastview easy with out Dawson. Robert Jones dropped 30 on eastview and looked dominate. He is a major miss for Little Richard, a 6'10 banger with some ability.
Big Head

Post by Big Head »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:44 pm

How close are they to a coaching change?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 am Crowl with 18 last night against Prior lake, meh performance. PL mopped eastview easy with out Dawson. Robert Jones dropped 30 on eastview and looked dominate. He is a major miss for Little Richard, a 6'10 banger with some ability.
I wanted them to offer Robert Jones last summer. I know he's a mid major player for the most part but he has the size they desperately needed to add. Curry, Oturu and Omersa next year right now upfront. Plus Jones played with Matthew Hurt for D1, I thought that would be a good pairing.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Big Head wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:09 am
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:44 pm

How close are they to a coaching change?
No real rumblings but I would guess the seat is really hot if they miss the tournament.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Can't wait to move onto this thread.

-Jalen Suggs
-Dawson Garcia
-Ben Carlson
-Dain Dainja
-Kerwin Walton
-JVonne Hadley
-Steven Crowl

that's just the local talent!
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:14 am Can't wait to move onto this thread.

-Jalen Suggs
-Dawson Garcia
-Ben Carlson
-Dain Dainja
-Kerwin Walton
-JVonne Hadley
-Steven Crowl

Predictions for any of these guys?
full force five

-Jalen Suggs - 1% Football or Hoops. Blue blood player
-Dawson Garcia - 5% I've seen Richard at PL games this year so maybe a better chance.
-Ben Carlson - 5% - Don't want, aviod. Looked terrible the times I watched him.
-Dain Dainja - 60% I think he has a connection to the U. Great footwork and hands
-Kerwin Walton - 90%
-JVonne Hadley - 90%
-Steven Crowl - Is the U after him. Soft. I've seen him play 3 times against PL, not great just OK.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

-Jalen Suggs
-Dawson Garcia
-Ben Carlson
-Dain Dainja
-Kerwin Walton
-JVonne Hadley
-Steven Crowl

I've mentioned a few times that a little birdy tells me that Suggs is not out of the question, in fact there's a much greater chance he shocks the world and heads to Dinkytown. Right now the kid REALLY likes football and maybe somehow Richard and PJ put a plan in place so that he can play both!!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:19 am

-Jalen Suggs
-Dawson Garcia
-Ben Carlson
-Dain Dainja
-Kerwin Walton
-JVonne Hadley
-Steven Crowl

I'll tell you who is on each the most...
Suggs - Gonzaga
Garcia - Marquette
Carlson - Xavier
Walton - Purdue

Hadley/Crowl, I haven't looked up scholarship offers yet but my guess is they'll have every mid major you can think of. The UNI/Colorado St schools with local connections will be after.

Dainja … hard to say. There might be issues with grades but I bet you someone like Hoiberg would be all over him. Dainja has a shit ton of offers.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

full force five wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 am -Jalen Suggs - 1% Football or Hoops. Blue blood player
-Dawson Garcia - 5% I've seen Richard at PL games this year so maybe a better chance.
-Ben Carlson - 5% - Don't want, aviod. Looked terrible the times I watched him.
-Dain Dainja - 60% I think he has a connection to the U. Great footwork and hands
-Kerwin Walton - 90%
-JVonne Hadley - 90%
-Steven Crowl - Is the U after him. Soft. I've seen him play 3 times against PL, not great just OK.
Walton is a must get. Dainja's dad played at the U.

I want Chet Holmgren worse than any of the bigs listed on there. Crowl is a body I think you have to have interest him. Get him to bulk up a bit, can hit outside shots. Hadley has lots of talent, needs to hone it a bit.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

J'Vonne Hadley seems like he's being under-recruited much like Gabe Kalscheur was.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:01 pm

-Jalen Suggs
-Dawson Garcia
-Ben Carlson
-Dain Dainja
-Kerwin Walton
-JVonne Hadley
-Steven Crowl

Suggs - Gonzaga
Garcia - Marquette
Carlson - Xavier
Walton - Purdue

Hadley/Crowl, I haven't looked up scholarship offers yet but my guess is they'll have every mid major you can think of. The UNI/Colorado St schools with local connections will be after.

Dainja … hard to say. There might be issues with grades but I bet you someone like Hoiberg would be all over him. Dainja has a shit ton of offers.
Carlson is being recruited by Wisconsin but have heard mixed reviews of how good he is. With both Hausers transferring from Marquette, who knows what Wisconsin will do in the next couple of years.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Suggs - Gonzaga
Garcia - Marquette
Carlson - Xavier
Walton - Purdue

Carlson is being recruited by Wisconsin but have heard mixed reviews of how good he is. With both Hausers transferring from Marquette, who knows what Wisconsin will do in the next couple of years.
I'm not surprised Wisconsin is after him... I haven't heard them a ton connected to him though. He's officially visited Xavier already and I think Ben Johnson has been working him for awhile.
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:30 pm
Suggs - Gonzaga
Garcia - Marquette
Carlson - Xavier
Walton - Purdue

I'm not surprised Wisconsin is after him... I haven't heard them a ton connected to him though. He's officially visited Xavier already and I think Ben Johnson has been working him for awhile.
The last I heard was Stanford was the leader. Not sure what's going on at Marquette, but Woj took a big hit this week.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:28 pm

The last I heard was Stanford was the leader. Not sure what's going on at Marquette, but Woj took a big hit this week.
Garcia is the Marquette guy. He's basically a 5 star player... blue chipper. Lot more talented than Carlson based on what I've seen.
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Garcia is the Marquette guy. He's basically a 5 star player... blue chipper. Lot more talented than Carlson based on what I've seen.
I'm not comparing the two. Marquette is dealing with some problems right now that would concern any possible recruit.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm not comparing the two. Marquette is dealing with some problems right now that would concern any possible recruit.
OT:
Replacements-
What level of confidence do you have in Gard? Can he land the recruits needed? He's coached them to more wins than the talent level would suggest but I don't know whether that speaks more to the greatness of Happ.
Ketchup can be nuancy
The Replacements

Ask Not wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 am
The Replacements wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:24 pm
OT:
Replacements-
What level of confidence do you have in Gard? Can he land the recruits needed? He's coached them to more wins than the talent level would suggest but I don't know whether that speaks more to the greatness of Happ.

The big question with Gard is recruiting. They will not be in play for the top guys. They expect recruits to be admitted to the school and go to class. This scares away anyone who's just looking to play ball and head to the next level. Gard develops players and is a good coach. He's not a Bo Ryan's level, but still better than most. Wisconsin should be in the tournament most years and if the stars align, compete for a Big 10 title and Final Four once in a while. Fans were spoiled with Bo and Gard will never match his record.

Next year will be interesting without Happ. My hope is the offense will be more diverse and tougher to defend. Nate Reuvers and Kobe King will be the key to next years team. If they make a leap, the team will be very good. If their the same player, the team will struggle to make the NCAAs.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Gophers coaching staff is working on the local kids pretty hard for 2020. They've met with Suggs and Walton in recent days, sounds like Carlson and Garcia are up next. Suggs apparently had a message up on Instagram about staying home and tagged Garcia. Two five stars staying home?!?

Interesting nugget from Ryan James, sounds like Michigan has met with Eastview's Steven Crowl. This is a kid I'd offer right now. He needs to add weight but 6'10 is 6'10. He will land somewhere for a high major team.

Things appear to have gone quiet on Dain Dainja, not just for the Gophers.

Haven't heard much on Hadley from Mahtomedi either but I would guess the Gophers are heavily after Walton and wouldn't take him and Hadley at this point.