Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2019 Brewers: How'd they managed this?

MLB Chat
memyworld

2019 Brewers: How'd they managed this?

Post by memyworld »

With six games to play, the 2019 Brewers have a -2 run differential. The Cubs have a +111 run differential yet trail Brewers by four games for the final NL Wild Card spot. No other contending Wild Card team in either league is worse than +109.

I'd like to know how the Brewers pulled that off at 16 games over .500.
memyworld

Re: 2019 Brewers: How'd they managed this?

Post by memyworld »

They did it: the Brewers finished the season with a positive run differential (+3).
weimy froob

Re: 2019 Brewers: How'd they managed this?

Post by weimy froob »

memyworld wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:49 pm They did it: the Brewers finished the season with a positive run differential (+3).

that's very interesting. the brewers are truly an outlier there. run differential as you are even pointing out is one of the best indicators of if a team is a playoff type squad or not. that's what i remember reading a couple of years ago.

i can only think that when the brewers lost-they did it right. their BP was under-performing last year's BP by about a full run in the e.r.a. department when the twins played them in milwaukee if i'm remembering right. add to that letting inherited runners scoring and games could get out of hand real quick.

the BP must have tightened it down down the stretch and they won plenty of close ball games would be my guess.