Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

MLB trade discussion.......Its on!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Style

Re: MLB trade discussion.......Its on!

Post by Style »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:01 am
A Kickass Offense wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 pm
feekdogg wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 pm

The only team left that makes any sense is LA. I think he's going to stay here.
I'm honestly not sure how much LA would even want him, they've got 4-5 guys that can play multiple infield positions and for the most part, they can all hit as well.
I know, but there's nobody else that makes any sense, unless an AL team would want him to DH. They either asked too much or they stupidly held out until the market fizzled out.
I would think at this point with hours remaining until the deadline, the FO would trade Dozier for a bag of balls. I'd swoop him up if I were a contender to at least use him as a pinch hitter or something. Nothing wrong with more depth going into the playoffs.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Style wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:20 am
A Kickass Offense wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 pm

I'm honestly not sure how much LA would even want him, they've got 4-5 guys that can play multiple infield positions and for the most part, they can all hit as well.
I know, but there's nobody else that makes any sense, unless an AL team would want him to DH. They either asked too much or they stupidly held out until the market fizzled out.
I would think at this point with hours remaining until the deadline, the FO would trade Dozier for a bag of balls. I'd swoop him up if I were a contender to at least use him as a pinch hitter or something. Nothing wrong with more depth going into the playoffs.
Wouldn't he receive a qualifying offer after the season? If so, you'd get a 2nd rounder at worst when another team signs him. That would be better than a 2nd tier prospect.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Style

Post by Style »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:12 pm

Wouldn't he receive a qualifying offer after the season? If so, you'd get a 2nd rounder at worst when another team signs him. That would be better than a 2nd tier prospect.
From my understanding, and by no means am I an expert at this, but the QO for Dozier would be something like $17.1M for next season. With the way his value is plummeting, he'd likely sign that deal. Therefore we wouldn't get a pick and we'd have him back next season at that price.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Bye-bye, Shitbird!
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

@AaronGleeman
2m2 minutes ago
More
Logan Forsythe is in the deal just to balance payrolls. Dodgers traded Jose De Leon for Forsythe after Twins turned that down for Dozier two years ago.

Twins' real return is RHP Devin Smeltzer and OF/1B Luke Raley. Both are C-level prospects.

Twins got more for Eduardo Escobar.
Tell your story walkin'!
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Drizzay wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:33 pm @AaronGleeman
2m2 minutes ago
More
Logan Forsythe is in the deal just to balance payrolls. Dodgers traded Jose De Leon for Forsythe after Twins turned that down for Dozier two years ago.

Twins' real return is RHP Devin Smeltzer and OF/1B Luke Raley. Both are C-level prospects.

As they should have. Escobar is the better player right now.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

2m2 minutes ago
More

Lol. They had to dump him though. At least Dozier will get a taste of a winning organization.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

2m2 minutes ago
More

I'd take De Leon (tommy john and all) over that at this point. Raley looks like he has some pop I guess.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Style wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:01 pm
Nancy wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:12 pm

From my understanding, and by no means am I an expert at this, but the QO for Dozier would be something like $17.1M for next season. With the way his value is plummeting, he'd likely sign that deal. Therefore we wouldn't get a pick and we'd have him back next season at that price.
You are correct..
Nobody else seems to understand this.

The Twins would've been stuck paying him a figure that would make him in 2019 the 2nd highest paid 2nd baseman in MLB...no draft pick, just an absurd contract.

If teams were that interested in him, they would've gotten more in the trade.
They pulled the trigger right at the end...nobody wanted him except the Dodgers.
Why would there suddenly be a clamor for him in the off-season?

I think posters don't understand the "qualifying offer" and how high that $ number is.

(And also the FAs available this off-season...Dozier is far from a "premier" player in the mix)
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

I guess nobody wanted Rodney...
Tons of BP players moving, obviously no real offer.

:thinking:
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Pretty impressive the Pirates landed Archer.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

ForCaleb wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:53 pm Pretty impressive the Pirates landed Archer.
They did give up a lot for him though..

I like the attitude though of making the deal.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:57 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:53 pm Pretty impressive the Pirates landed Archer.

Risky for sure..... especially with how many teams in the NL playoff hunt (i think 6 teams within 4 games of the WC).
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

ForCaleb wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:00 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:57 pm

Risky for sure..... especially with how many teams in the NL playoff hunt (i think 6 teams within 4 games of the WC).
Yeah, but that risk is off-set a little by him being cost controlled for the next 3 years.

Glasnow is not looking like the stud that he was supposed to be. Meadows is the real deal. But you have to pay up if you want to be a contender for a guy sometimes.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Interesting thing today.....the Yankees send Sonny Gray to the BP, (who a lot of froobs were clamoring for) and his replacement in the rotation? Lance Lynn.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

jakazz30 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:55 pm Interesting thing today.....the Yankees send Sonny Gray to the BP, (who a lot of froobs were clamoring for) and his replacement in the rotation? Lance Lynn.
Is he still cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs?

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Interesting stats from the 4 former Twins going to their new teams even if it is a small sample size. Dozier is batting 400 with slugging of 1.000. Escobar is still a doubles machine with 4 in 10 games and I think had a hit in 9 of those 10 with about half being multi-hit games. Pressley has given up 1 ER in about 5 innings and Lynn has pitched 12 scoreless innings for the Yanks. I know small sample size but it does make you wonder where that's been all year.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:21 pm Interesting stats from the 4 former Twins going to their new teams even if it is a small sample size. Dozier is batting 400 with slugging of 1.000. Escobar is still a doubles machine with 4 in 10 games and I think had a hit in 9 of those 10 with about half being multi-hit games. Pressley has given up 1 ER in about 5 innings and Lynn has pitched 12 scoreless innings for the Yanks. I know small sample size but it does make you wonder where that's been all year.
Fair question Jimmy...
as I've said b4, if they played like that......they would still be Twins, and the organization would've probably added players.
(Dozier and Lynn being the main focus....Pressley and Escobar were fine while here)
full force five

Post by full force five »

Dozier 0-4 last night, i'm sure it will normalize over time. Still think that the Twins could have got more for Brian.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

I'm sure its disheartening to know that you are playing on a team that cannot develope players.

And they wont make the moves necessary to overcome the poor developement.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

full force five wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 am Dozier 0-4 last night, i'm sure it will normalize over time. Still think that the Twins could have got more for Brian.
A 1/2 hour b4 the trade deadline.......
the only team even sniffing at Dozier was the Dodgers...
(And that is consistent, no other team really ever tried to get him over multiple trade deadlines)

Maybe Twins froobs no more then basically every team in MLB?

Nobody else wanted him.

When Escobar left, the players talked about the loss...great guy, teammate, etc.....
Where have those comments come about Dozier?

:thinking:

Hell...how has Forsythe done since the trade?
Better then Dozier did.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

The Oakland Athletics have acquired closer Fernando Rodney from the Minnesota Twins in exchange for minor league righty Dakota Chalmers, the team announced Thursday.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Anyone still pushing the idea the Twins should've kept Dozier and given him a qualifying offer?

He actually did worse in LA than here....(benched even for game 163)

Plus think about what it would've cost.

Report: MLB sets qualifying offer at $17.9 million
https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1620937
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Bring him back stat.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

twitter.com/search/sonny+gray
Marc Carig
(@MarcCarig)
Cashman says he’ll be seeking a trade for Gray, for his sake and the sake of the Yankees. So, on a day when Cashman was pretty guarded about offseason, he was clear on Sonny Gray. If he finds a trade for him, he’s getting moved out of here.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 pm twitter.com/search/sonny+gray
Marc Carig
(@MarcCarig)
Cashman says he’ll be seeking a trade for Gray, for his sake and the sake of the Yankees. So, on a day when Cashman was pretty guarded about offseason, he was clear on Sonny Gray. If he finds a trade for him, he’s getting moved out of here.
Man he was so good out of the gate with the Oakland.

Wouldnt cost much.

Blew it with not trading for Gerrit Cole when he was dirt cheap. Big time.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

mglviks wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:44 pm
Marc Carig
(@MarcCarig)

Wouldnt cost much.

Gray is definitely worth a shot if we can get him for cheap.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:24 pm
mglviks wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:44 pm
Marc Carig
(@MarcCarig)

Wouldnt cost much.

Gray is definitely worth a shot if we can get him for cheap.
Agree