Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

And It's Over Before It Started

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

And It's Over Before It Started

Post by Mandatory »

Half the Marlins have COVID. Their home opener cancelled. Whole MLB season now in doubt.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: And It's Over Before It Started

Post by HeHateMe »

It did start! I think they need to test players daily... big deal will be if any of the Phillies players are positive.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Even if one team is hit hard and the others aren't.. competitive balance and the safety of the players have to be paramount, no?

Not only should they probably cancel the season, but other leagues should be taking a long hard look. This was always a bad idea.

#BaltimoreStrong
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Just disqualify the Marlins. They weren't going to make the playoffs anyway. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:57 am Even if one team is hit hard and the others aren't.. competitive balance and the safety of the players have to be paramount, no?

Not only should they probably cancel the season, but other leagues should be taking a long hard look. This was always a bad idea.

No players have tested positive inside the NBA bubble. They are doing it right.

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

MLS is also having success in the bubble.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Glad NBA and MLS are not having issues but that's for now.. look at guys like Dwight Howard and Lou Williams. Need everyone to buy in. It's only a matter of time before the containment is broken.

#BaltimoreStrong
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 am Glad NBA and MLS are not having issues but that's for now.. look at guys like Dwight Howard and Lou Williams. Need everyone to buy in. It's only a matter of time before the containment is broken.
I believe NBA players are tested daily while outside the bubble and then obviously tested before re-entering the bubble. No one is getting in with Covid.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:02 am
Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 am Glad NBA and MLS are not having issues but that's for now.. look at guys like Dwight Howard and Lou Williams. Need everyone to buy in. It's only a matter of time before the containment is broken.
I believe NBA players are tested daily while outside the bubble and then obviously tested before re-entering the bubble. No one is getting in with Covid.
Lou Williams snuck out and went to a club. Only got caught because some idiot posted a pic on Instagram.

#BaltimoreStrong
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am
Lou Williams snuck out and went to a club. Only got caught because some idiot posted a pic on Instagram.
His absence was excused. He will be tested daily regardless of what he does outside the bubble and he ain't getting back in with Covid.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:09 am
Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:57 am Even if one team is hit hard and the others aren't.. competitive balance and the safety of the players have to be paramount, no?

This is what makes me think the NFL will fail. Not having a bubble is doom. It how UFC and Boxing have been successful so far, granted way less guys to test.

Hopefully if MLB is cut, NBA can hold on so we have something to watch.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:48 am

This is what makes me think the NFL will fail. Not having a bubble is doom. It how UFC and Boxing have been successful so far, granted way less guys to test.

The NFL will be tough with such big rosters and coaching staffs. They would probably need multiple bubbles.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:54 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:48 am

The NFL will be tough with such big rosters and coaching staffs. They would probably need multiple bubbles.
I don't get the leagues that are flying all over to home cities.

Baseball should be played at a few sites and same with the NFL. They are not though and that's bad news.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

This is wishful thinking. Once it gets in, now what? You've only got the one big bubble.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:32 pm
This is wishful thinking. Once it gets in, now what? You've only got the one big bubble.
Huh? It isn't complicated. You are tested before entering the bubble. If you have it, you aren't admitted. Again, no one inside the bubble has tested positive. They have a good system in place.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Huh? It isn't complicated. You are tested before entering the bubble. If you have it, you aren't admitted. Again, no one inside the bubble has tested positive. They have a good system in place.
Yet, no positives yet. The NBA bubble is a joke if players are sneaking in and out as the pleaee.

#BaltimoreStrong
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Yet, no positives yet. The NBA bubble is a joke if players are sneaking in and out as the pleaee.
Who snuck out?
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

The tests aren't perfect, especially those that give immediate results. I hope it doesn't happen, but if a cook brings it in, now what? You have to fumigate the whole place, which ruins the whole idea of the bubble.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 pm

The tests aren't perfect, especially those that give immediate results. I hope it doesn't happen, but if a cook brings it in, now what? You have to fumigate the whole place, which ruins the whole idea of the bubble.
All staff working within the resorts are obviously tested as well and the tests seems to working well thus far. They've been there for three weeks and everyone is healthy.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

So the Marlins knew they had a bunch of positive players, and they decided to play anyway....and the decision to play was made by the players and coaches. They let the fucking players decide if they were going to play. If the season ends over this, MLB deserves it
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Covid is scary stuff, it's just stupid to be thinking about playing a game right now while this is going on.

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/519 ... -19-Battle
Eduardo Rodriguez is dealing with heart issues stemming from his bout with the coronavirus.

The Boston Red Sox shut Rodriguez down last week and it's been reported that he's dealing with myocarditis, or "an inflammation of the heart muscle."

Rodriguez, 27, said he's still "scared" about the condition after learning more about it in recent days. At this point, he still doesn't plan on opting out of the 2020 season.

"I want to be pitching yesterday, the day before, or today," he said. "I want to be out there every time I can, so I'm never thinking of getting out of the season. I feel bad every time I see a game happening and I'm not even in the dugout."
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

I said this about football and it's already happened in baseball. If there isn't a 3rd party to administer the tests and make sure the proper protocol is followed then it means nothing.

The players will play, it's already been proven.
2016 Masters Pool Champion*

*Indicates award won on a now deceased MDSTMB
Bunker Inspector

Post by Bunker Inspector »

Last edited by Bunker Inspector on Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You get so emotional baby

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Rick Renteria is sick and awaiting corona results. The Chicago v Cleveland game scheduled for today has been postponed. 6 teams scheduled to play today, will not be playing due to corona virus.

....yeah, not even a week into this, and its already a shit storm. I cant see this lasting more than 2 more weeks.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Who snuck out?
Lou Williams.. another guy who went to get food. Dwight Howard is walking around refusing to wear a mask and saying it's a hoax...

These are just the guys that got caught. Add in all the consternation when a "reporting hotline" for the players was floated. Sure, they're within a "bubble"... but how many players are partying it up and sneaking folks in?

Besides the point. This sort of containment cannot be maintained for any of the MLB, NHL, NFL, NCAAF and NCAABB. Accept they're not going to work.

#BaltimoreStrong
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Who snuck out?
Lou Williams.. another guy who went to get food. Dwight Howard is walking around refusing to wear a mask and saying it's a hoax...

These are just the guys that got caught. Add in all the consternation when a "reporting hotline" for the players was floated. Sure, they're within a "bubble"... but how many players are partying it up and sneaking folks in?

Besides the point. This sort of containment cannot be maintained for any of the MLB, NHL, NFL, NCAAF and NCAABB. Accept they're not going to work.
I will repeat, Lou Williams had an excused absence. He didn't sneak out. Was he irresponsible going to a strip club? Absolutely! He was tested daily though regardless of what he did outside the bubble.

Richaun Holmes crossed an imaginary line to pick up a food delivery. He wasn't sneaking out. Dwight Howard is an idiot, but not wearing a mask isn't sneaking out and he's now been informed that he has to wear a mask or get out.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:13 pm

Who snuck out?

I will repeat, Lou Williams had an excused absence. He didn't sneak out. Was he irresponsible going to a strip club? Absolutely! He was tested daily though regardless of what he did outside the bubble.

Richaun Holmes crossed an imaginary line to pick up a food delivery. He wasn't sneaking out. Dwight Howard is an idiot, but not wearing a mask isn't sneaking out and he's now been informed that he has to wear a mask or get out.
And you just reiterated all 3 reasons as to why it doesn't work! :shrug:

#BaltimoreStrong
focker

Post by focker »

Who snuck out?

Please don't make shit up to try and prove your point.

I agree with you for the most part that we shouldn't be playing sports. Just have the facts right please.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!