Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

OT: is the ump too fragile or are Boone and Gardner entitled Yankee bitches?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

OT: is the ump too fragile or are Boone and Gardner entitled Yankee bitches?

Post by Ask Not »

It was a very bad call, but banging your bat on the dugout is obnoxious.
I had a hard time finding video because every NY video of course made it all about the umpire.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Ketchup can be nuancy
weimy froob

Re: OT: is the ump too fragile or are Boone and Gardner entitled Yankee bitches?

Post by weimy froob »

"they're throwing yankees out left and right" :lol:

that was the line that got me when i saw that yesterday. lulz.
The Replacements

Re: OT: is the ump too fragile or are Boone and Gardner entitled Yankee bitches?

Post by The Replacements »

Ask Not wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:23 am It was a very bad call, but banging your bat on the dugout is obnoxious.
I had a hard time finding video because every NY video of course made it all about the umpire.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
I think each one of these stories moves us closer to the robo ump calling balls/strikes. Umpires make too many mistakes, hold grudges against players/teams/managers and are too sensitive (quick ejections) when they make mistakes. In fairness, I do think managers go overboard in their theatrics to demonstrate how they stick up for their players.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Gardner is the worst of the bunch for me. It wasn't even his at bat and he's going to start banging shit in the dugout? Hit the showers until you can be a professional, pretty boy.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Fuck the Yankees. They act like bitches. They aren't the only team that get bad calls.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

All of the above. Gardner seems like an absolute jackass, and of course fuck the Yankees. They are always entitled pricks. The umps are way too quick with hooks these days too.
Let's get Tropical
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 am All of the above. Gardner seems like an absolute jackass, and of course fuck the Yankees. They are always entitled pricks. The umps are way too quick with hooks these days too.
Pretty much this.

Gardner seems like a petty bald fuck that throws tantrums like a 5 year old.