Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Any of you dudes ever watch Twins games on the opposing team's channel?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Falen's Boyfriend

Any of you dudes ever watch Twins games on the opposing team's channel?

Post by Falen's Boyfriend »

We stream and have access to everything. We started watching opposing teams' broadcasts and without exception they're all better than our local Fox Sports North.

The best thing about the other broadcasts is they're not talking the whole time. There are moments of silence. They don't talk unless they have something to add.

Looking at you Dick Bremer.
Hummdrum

Re: Any of you dudes ever watch Twins games on the opposing team's channel?

Post by Hummdrum »

Yes, I do as often as I can because you get an objective viewpoint of what is going on.
I don't ever see Bremer and whoever, because I live far away from FSN North.
I live close to Chicago and that's when I tune in.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Falen's Boyfriend wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm We stream and have access to everything. We started watching opposing teams' broadcasts and without exception they're all better than our local Fox Sports North.

The best thing about the other broadcasts is they're not talking the whole time. There are moments of silence. They don't talk unless they have something to add.

I know they HAVE to homer of their teams but FSN is dreadful when it comes to homer-dom.

I even think that Frank Mazzaco (sp?) was canned from Gopher hockey games for being too critical.

LaPanta and Greenlay are the absolute worst.

*Goalie lets in shot from redline*

Greenlay: Well, as a former goalie I know how tricky those shots can be. Can't really blame him there. It just took a bad bounce. I bet he does wish he can get it back.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

dick fake home run calls make the game a must watch, never listen.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

I listen to the opposing teams call on XM. Most of them don't have a fucking clue. I do love the lead in on Rocco on Tuesdays when they talk with the manager on MLB XM. I wanna rock!(Twisted Sister)! :thumbsup:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Falen's Boyfriend wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm We stream and have access to everything. We started watching opposing teams' broadcasts and without exception they're all better than our local Fox Sports North.

There's plenty of times of silence during Twins broadcasts. Regardless, what a weird thing to bitch about.

Furthermore, the pauses of silence are left for the color guy, not the play by play guy (Dick).
Falen's Boyfriend

Post by Falen's Boyfriend »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 am

There's plenty of times of silence during Twins broadcasts. Regardless, what a weird thing to bitch about.

Furthermore, the pauses of silence are left for the color guy, not the play by play guy (Dick).
Watch the Rangers broadcast of today's game. You'll notice a huge difference.

One thing though: Our Marney and Audra are much better than their opposing broadcasts' counterparts.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Hummdrum wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 pm Yes, I do as often as I can because you get an objective viewpoint of what is going on.
I don't ever see Bremer and whoever, because I live far away from FSN North.
I live close to Chicago and that's when I tune in.
When did ya move to Chicagoland Humm?
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

Unfortunately, I can't watch this series because Louisiana is in Texas' territory (I can't get Astros games, either)...