Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Dear Polanco

A place to discuss the MN Twins
boxter432

Dear Polanco

Post by boxter432 »

figure your shit out buddy! we need first half Jorge back down the stretch. also, learn how to catch and throw a ball...
his drop off has been dramatic

no triples since may, less homers, striking out 1x per game, season average is down .50 pts since May, OBP tanking (not that I expect over .400 consistently, but a month of under .300 from him isn't going to cut it).
compounding with buxton out, poor/short starts and blowing saves, our all star SS has turned into one of our worst players after the break, we basically had an automatic out in the first inning when previously he was almost guaranteeing a multi run inning to begin the game. come on man!
j-one

Re: Dear Polanco

Post by j-one »

I like him - but a little bummed out from seeing some early signs of Steve Sax disease.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

The defense has always been suspect, but could be put up with because of his bat. Now they are both bad. Makes me kind of nervous for the next few seasons. Sano's defensive (in)ability could possibly be masked by a move to 1B...don't think you can move Polanco anywhere though
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:37 am The defense has always been suspect, but could be put up with because of his bat. Now they are both bad. Makes me kind of nervous for the next few seasons. Sano's defensive (in)ability could possibly be masked by a move to 1B...don't think you can move Polanco anywhere though
I think Polanco will be fine at 2B. He's going to be fine at the plate.
D_H

Post by D_H »

He's just not a short stop plain and simple
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

He could use a little less playing time right about now. He looks tired.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

minnemike wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:37 pm He could use a little less playing time right about now. He looks tired.
I agree. Seems like every AB is a grind
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

minnemike wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:37 pm He could use a little less playing time right about now. He looks tired.
When I saw this post, I went to check how many games he has played in this year. It appears he has only had 6 games off all year. :o

10 games he has DH'd, but still, thats a lot of games. If you feel you need his bat right now, put him at DH as long as Cruz is out, and platoon Arrianna Grande and Arraez at SS. When you have as many utility players as the Twins do (Arraez/Marwin/Arriana/Astudillo), it seems odd that you need Polanco to play that many games.