Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Semi-official Twins vs. Pete Incavaglia's Texas Rangers thread

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Southpaw23

Re: Semi-official Twins vs. Pete Incavaglia's Texas Rangers thread

Post by Southpaw23 »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm never a doubt. :lol:

good job by the BP helped out by an out at the plate in the sixth.
Ron Washington’s coke dealer coaching 3rd or what?
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Southpaw23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:19 pm
boxter432 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm So that's what Rocco challenges.....

Stupid wop.
Wtf. Come on.
Lighten up, Francis
Yeah slurs are hilarious.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

tyler duffey picks up his second straight win too. deserved it.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Nice to get this one in the books as a W, but as I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, I think Berrios is hurting. Hopefully, it's nothing terribly serious, but something isn't right.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

boxter432 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:23 pm
boxter432 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Wtf. Come on.
Lighten up, Francis
I give a long time rooooob the benefit of the doubt that he was obviously joking, and Italians aren’t exactly the most persecuted minority ever
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Good win but when you're spotted 6 in the first....you want your starter going AT LEAST 6 there and save the pen.

Still don't see this team doing shit in the playoffs. They can score at will but when you're facing cream of the crop pitching in October, can't rely on your bats to score 8+ every night to win.

Make up an injury for Berrios. Let Smeltz make a start for him and give him 2 weeks off to rest his arm. If he's not good in September/October, we're fucked.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Southpaw23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 pm

Lighten up, Francis
I give a long time rooooob the benefit of the doubt that he was obviously joking, and Italians aren’t exactly the most persecuted minority ever
Especially when my grandparents are from Bari....I think I can get away with joking about my own people.

Dumb mick.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 pm Nice to get this one in the books as a W, but as I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, I think Berrios is hurting. Hopefully, it's nothing terribly serious, but something isn't right.
it just might be a down year. mental more than physical. hasn't his velocity been trending down for a couple of years too.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:27 pm
Especially when my grandparents are from Bari....I think I can get away with joking about my own people.

Dumb mick.
Yeah nothing says old Italian family like a daunte culpeper username and a Lenny avatar lol. Aka who the hell knows an anonymous persons history...
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 pm Good win but when you're spotted 6 in the first....you want your starter going AT LEAST 6 there and save the pen.

Still don't see this team doing shit in the playoffs. They can score at will but when you're facing cream of the crop pitching in October, can't rely on your bats to score 8+ every night to win.

Make up an injury for Berrios. Let Smeltz make a start for him and give him 2 weeks off to rest his arm. If he's not good in September/October, we're fucked.
without getting a big time starter in a trade i've pretty much resigned myself to enjoying the regular season and the HR's and see if they can win the division. then defeating the stanks in a division series would be sweet. everything else would be gravy. and right now seems improbable.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:27 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 pm Nice to get this one in the books as a W, but as I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, I think Berrios is hurting. Hopefully, it's nothing terribly serious, but something isn't right.
it just might be a down year. mental more than physical. hasn't his velocity been trending down for a couple of years too.
I keep thinking "this is the year" with him where he goes from a good pitcher to the pitcher he can be, an ace, but he just can't string together 3-4 good starts without a clunker or two.

Still young, though so there's time.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

boxter432 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:29 pm

Dumb mick.
Yeah nothing says old Italian family like a daunte culpeper username and a Lenny avatar lol. Aka who the hell knows an anonymous persons history...
#1. Has nothing to do with Daunte Culpepper

#2. Didn't know I needed to show of my "old italian family" with my Froob account. Do you want me to put a plate of spaghetti as my avatar and call myself Italian Stallion?

#3. More reason not to get your panties in a bundle.

#4. Lighten up, Francis.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

weimy froob wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:31 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 pm Good win but when you're spotted 6 in the first....you want your starter going AT LEAST 6 there and save the pen.

without getting a big time starter in a trade i've pretty much resigned myself to enjoying the regular season and the HR's and see if they can win the division. then defeating the stanks in a division series would be sweet. everything else would be gravy. and right now seems improbable.
As a lifelong MN sports fan I've resigned myself to this for the Twins/Vikings/and Wild. Even modest postseason achievements are just so damn elusive, no matter how good the regular season's are.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Certainly.

And it's the post-season.....who knows if we'll see the Odor from May/June and maybe Berrios can rest up a bit.

Anything is possible when you have this scoring ability but we need the stars to align with the arms.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:36 pm

As a lifelong MN sports fan I've resigned myself to this for the Twins/Vikings/and Wild. Even modest postseason achievements are just so damn elusive, no matter how good the regular season's are.

but with the twins if you're old enough you can still go back to 87 and 91 and remember that there have been championships celebrated in this state. and i did celebrate those two. :coolio:
Ron Burgundy 4 President

DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:36 pm

Certainly.

And it's the post-season.....who knows if we'll see the Odor from May/June and maybe Berrios can rest up a bit.

Anything is possible when you have this scoring ability but we need the stars to align with the arms.
I said in another thread that this offense will have to be playing playing at a B+ or better for the duration to win a postseason series. Certainly within the realm of possibilities, but considering the starting pitching and bullpens they would be facing definitely more unlikely than likely that it will happen.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

weimy froob wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 pm

but with the twins if you're old enough you can still go back to 87 and 91 and remember that there have been championships celebrated in this state. and i did celebrate those two. :coolio:
I was only 8.5 years old in 91', but I loved baseball and the Twins more than anything when I was that age so I actually remember it quite well believe it or not. Trouble is when you are that young and it happens for as much as you enjoy it you think to yourself that it happens all the time so I never really appreciated it as much as I should have. It was a blast though, mom pulled my brother and I out of school with a bunch of other mom's and kids from the neighborhood for the victory parade.
Last edited by Ron Burgundy 4 President on Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

It might not be the worst idea to shut him down. I hate to do it, but we need him right in September.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

duffey got the win in milwaukee too. he's got three of the four W's. pretty sweet road trip for the duffman.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:34 pm

Dumb mick.

#2. Didn't know I needed to show of my "old italian family" with my Froob account. Do you want me to put a plate of spaghetti as my avatar and call myself Italian Stallion?

#4. Lighten up, Francis.
Lol I was joking. You are the one freaking out.
And be honest your name is a 2004 creation for get your roll on for mvp
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:47 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 pm

I was only 8.5 years old in 91', but I loved baseball and the Twins more than anything when I was that age so I actually remember it quite well believe it or not. Trouble is when you are that young and it happens for as much as you enjoy it you think to yourself that it happens all the time so I never really appreciated it as much as I should have. It was a blast though, mom pulled my brother and I out of school with a bunch of other mom's and kids from the neighborhood for the victory parade.
that's old enough to remember for sure. so you have that. i remember watching the vikings lose to the chiefs in super bowl IV. the 87 WS was huge. i took the car out and with my buddies we went driving around town blowing that horn for about a half hour. then went to the parade. in both mpls and st. paul.

91 was quite the celebration too. still considered a top three of all-time WS. intense fun that year for sure.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

boxter432 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:50 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:34 pm

#4. Lighten up, Francis.
You are the one freaking out.
If that's freaking out..... :lol:
salamander

Post by salamander »

2.5 game lead meh bois!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

Southpaw23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:20 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm never a doubt. :lol:

good job by the BP helped out by an out at the plate in the sixth.
Ron Washington’s coke dealer coaching 3rd or what?
Fitting on Josh Hamilton night.

I'll bet between the two of them theres still plenty of coke residue still in the clubhouse.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Can Berrios learn how to pitch again? Mix things up by throwing the fastball up and early in zone and get rid if his 2 seam fastball that they destroy because he can't get it down in the zone and they take it yard. Jesus fuck! :pissed:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

DC4MVP wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm So that's what Rocco challenges.....

Stupid wop.
yeah, not challenging Cron's obvious hit was dumb. He gets a negative for that. The almost DP that he did challenge however, was understandable. He had his challenge left, and it was a bang-bang play late in the 9th. Might as well use it in that spot. It seemed clear he would lose that challenge, but it was also obvious that he should use it there.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Qman65 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:31 am Can Berrios learn how to pitch again? Mix things up by throwing the fastball up and early in zone and get rid if his 2 seam fastball that they destroy because he can't get it down in the zone and they take it yard. Jesus fuck! :pissed:
If he's gunna figure it out it'll be with that 2 seamed.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:11 am
D_H wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:17 am
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 pm

The kid is our best player right now. It's been a long time since I've seen a Twins rookie with this good of an approach.

he's a good little slap hitter he's far from our best player he's probably sixth or 7th.
Learn the game.
He can’t. He’s to busy being obsessed with Trump