Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Twins vs Indians Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: ***Official Twins vs Indians Thread***

Post by weimy froob »

Pitching back-to-back days has been a bother for Twins' Taylor Rogers
The first-time closer has not been effective this season pitching with no rest.

Taylor Rogers threw two scoreless innings in the Twins’ 4-1 victory over Cleveland on Saturday, hitting 97.4 miles per hour, holding the Indians to one hit and looking every bit the late-inning neutralizer the Twins want him to be.

On Sunday, Rogers was asked to shut down the Indians once again, this time in the 10th inning of a 4-4 game. Single, four-pitch walk, bunt single. Grand slam. Indians win. Rogers’ fastball averaged 96.2 mph on Saturday and 94.7 mph on Sunday. His control was off and he was brutally honest when asked if he had his good stuff.

“Probably not,” he said. “Obviously, the results say no.”

Losing three of four to the Indians dropped the Twins, who in June led the AL Central by 11½ games, into a first-place tie with Cleveland. And when Carlos Santana hit another winning home run Monday against Boston, the Twins fell to second place for the first time since April 20.

http://www.startribune.com/pitching-bac ... 538209202/

maybe if he only pitched one inning on saturday he might have been better on sunday. the results say that he didn't trust his stuff on sunday. the single came on the first pitch. the four pitch walk was to lindor who he was afraid to challenge. the bunt single hurt-because he would have had an open base to put santana if they got the out. but they didn't and he fell behind him too before giving up the grand slam.

he shouldn't be asked to get six out saves anymore imo.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

D_H wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:35 pm No one with an ounce of intelligence thought this team could hold on to this division with this shit pitching staff. It was just a matter of time. Typical ownership... sign a bunch of s*** in the offseason hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.
Hey dumbass what place the Twins in? :lol:
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:01 pm

My, my, my.
My my my
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:23 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:21 pm
JPM wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm They are 71-47

Sheesh people. Awesome job Twins. Lots of season left.
THIS! Plus, someone here has reported that the Twins are still HEAVY favorites to win the division! What's not to like?

WIN TWINS!
Whoever actually thinks they are "Heavy favorites" is a moron.

Not sayng they can't win the division but it's tied up with a team who has playoff pedigree. Also, the Twins have played around .500 baseball for almost two months.

Same people who were saying "Twins just need to play .500 baseball" a month ago?
Welp
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

salamander wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:43 pm Great. Is 2019 forever going to be known as the tribe town takeover. But yeah, bitch at Twins fans for being pissed about.

Fuck this ownership. Seriously. Worst ever. In all of sports.
:idea:
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

I like both of these threads
Sky Spy in the Sky !