Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Berrios Rips Cheap Twins!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Sid Hartman

Berrios Rips Cheap Twins!

Post by Sid Hartman »

Get your popcorn ready! Pohlads will always have an excuse, guarantee they don’t make a trade at deadline and give excuse that price was too expensive

RT @JOLaMaKina: They just want to get money ... I wish you the best my man! Let’s get it💪🏽⚾️
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
DC4MVP

Re: Berrios Rips Cheap Twins!

Post by DC4MVP »

Falvine: Jim, we're going to trade some prospects for pitching help.

Jim Pohlad: Nah, just trade them for cash.

Falvine: But they're decent prospects and we're only trading them for pitching down the stretch.

Jim: Yeah no. I just want the money.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This organization is Mickey Mouse as fawk.

Doesn't matter anyway. The Indians are chipping away while the Twins wilt away.

“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Johan Santana made public comments about ownership being cheap too. I also want to say Dozier did, but not quite certain on that one. There was the Buxton thing last year as well, where he was sent to the minors to retain some of his eligibility, and Buxton refused to play the games.

To put some context into these moves though...what were they going to get for Morin other than cash? Dozier's frustration came from that year they got to play the play in game...as a player, its probably frustrating to not get help, but that team wasn't going anywhere with or without moves. The Buxton thing also, is a move that numerous teams do.

Still you got players voicing and showing disapproval.

This is the penultimate season for Jim. If no moves, or a small move is made, theres no excuses for the people that have been defending ownership...if a big move is made, then it will say a lot about ownership's desire to have a winning franchise...I don't expect that to happen though, but will gladly be wrong.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:40 pm Johan Santana made public comments about ownership being cheap too. I also want to say Dozier did, but not quite certain on that one. There was the Buxton thing last year as well, where he was sent to the minors to retain some of his eligibility, and Buxton refused to play the games.

To put some context into these moves though...what were they going to get for Morin other than cash? Dozier's frustration came from that year they got to play the play in game...as a player, its probably frustrating to not get help, but that team wasn't going anywhere with or without moves. The Buxton thing also, is a move that numerous teams do.

This is the penultimate season for Jim. If no moves, or a small move is made, theres no excuses for the people that have been defending ownership...if a big move is made, then it will say a lot about ownership's desire to have a winning franchise...I don't expect that to happen though, but will gladly be wrong.
Spot on. If this turns into nothing, they will lose their fans, some maybe for good.

Santana ripped the Twins for trading his buddy Castillo when they were 8 or 9 games back. That was his own personal bias. Realistically, they should have traded both Santana and Hunter too, especially since Carl was still in charge (as bad as Jim might be, Carl was 100 times worse). All of the magic from 06' was gone by July of 07'.

Dozier cocked off about the team selling more because of his own personal contract that he didn't get than it was about the team itself. He was bitching in Spring Training that year. The team has since been proven right to not extend him.

That being said, if this ownership does not take action to help the here and now, they will be forever ripped shy of actually winning it all without making a move.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:00 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:40 pm Johan Santana made public comments about ownership being cheap too. I also want to say Dozier did, but not quite certain on that one. There was the Buxton thing last year as well, where he was sent to the minors to retain some of his eligibility, and Buxton refused to play the games.

Spot on. If this turns into nothing, they will lose their fans, some maybe for good.

Santana ripped the Twins for trading his buddy Castillo when they were 8 or 9 games back. That was his own personal bias. Realistically, they should have traded both Santana and Hunter too, especially since Carl was still in charge (as bad as Jim might be, Carl was 100 times worse). All of the magic from 06' was gone by July of 07'.

Dozier cocked off about the team selling more because of his own personal contract that he didn't get than it was about the team itself. He was bitching in Spring Training that year. The team has since been proven right to not extend him.

That being said, if this ownership does not take action to help the here and now, they will be forever ripped shy of actually winning it all without making a move.
Santana's complaint was right. Maybe the Castillo trade pushed him over the edge to make the claim, but he was right in saying that ownership is always looking to the future, and that if they continue to do that, some of the guys arent going to want to be part of the future here.
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

I still think they could get off the hook.

This team is playing so badly they'll be able to get away with saying that they didn't feel like this team was good enough even with help to have any postseason success.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 pm
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Santana's complaint was right. Maybe the Castillo trade pushed him over the edge to make the claim, but he was right in saying that ownership is always looking to the future, and that if they continue to do that, some of the guys arent going to want to be part of the future here.
In general, you are correct.

But the 07' Twins weren't getting career years from guys like Punto and Bartlett like the 06' Twins were. That team should have been in full sell mode (trade Santana and Hunter, this isn't hindsight, I said it at the time). They went half way and should be ripped for that as much as the years that they didn't buy.

By the way, Santana broke down fairly quickly after he was traded. I think he had 2 stud years and then collapsed.

Not trading for Soriano in 06' was rippable. Not trading for Lee in 10' was rippable. Not making a move this year will be a reason to absolutely destroy them.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

When does Jose tweet again...they just traded another pitcher for cash lol
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:40 pm Johan Santana made public comments about ownership being cheap too. I also want to say Dozier did, but not quite certain on that one.
I was just remembering that. Torii Hunter spouted off too. The team is not hitting in the clutch situations, wasting decent pitching/bullpen performances, making mistakes, errors and baserunning, a lot of narrow losses.
Now you stir in players getting angry at ownership and it can really sour a squad to the point where if bad enough they kind of give up. Hopefully it won't have a ripple effect throughout the team. I hope they improve the team but they have to get out of this slump either way.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

The Buxton thing was just good management.
Bon Scott

Post by Bon Scott »

May should be traded for Cy Young’s bones.
Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:15 pm

This team is playing so badly they'll be able to get away with saying that they didn't feel like this team was good enough even with help to have any postseason success.
They will always be let of the hook by the protectors.

Its funny hearing the "If they don't do something this time" talk. They have been garbage owners since day one. One season of making a big move isn't going to make me forgive or forget how big of a rip off they are. It will make me eat crow for a season though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:15 pm

This is exactly what they'll say.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:10 pm One season of making a big move isn't going to make me forgive or forget how big of a rip off they are. It will make me eat crow for a season though.
If it was still Carl Pohlad, I'd agree with you. Right now Jim has a chance to prove to the fan base that he is not the owner his father was. He's talked a big game but has yet to follow through. This season will solidify most fans opinion of the Pohlad brothers' ownership and Jim as the guy running the Twins.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Carl Pohlad purchased the Twins back in 1984 for 44 million. The Twins are now worth 1.2 billion.

This is a business, that is it. The Pohlads are going to piss away this opportunity to go far in October with crap pitching.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/minnesota- ... 0d281d3bae