Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Bon Scott

Re: Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

Post by Bon Scott »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:56 pm
:thumbsup:
It’s officially official now.
Spoiler:
Poor.. poor.. Sergeant Rubetube & D_H
Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Safe! Now go crush KC. Big week next week with Ark and 4 ca Cle.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Astros trade deadline was nuts!

(Even though, I've been told nobody was trading anything)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

CLE still has another 6 games in their homestand (3 LAA, 3 TEX). It'd be nice if we could pick up a game this weekend.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:09 pm CLE still has another 6 games in their homestand (3 LAA, 3 TEX). It'd be nice if we could pick up a game this weekend.
Salazar back on IL with a strained right groin. Also, he never touched 90 mph in his first start in almost two years. I know the Indians expect their top pitchers to return but it's no guarantee they are the same this year. The Bauer trade may come back to haunt them.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:36 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:09 pm CLE still has another 6 games in their homestand (3 LAA, 3 TEX). It'd be nice if we could pick up a game this weekend.
Salazar back on IL with a strained right groin. Also, he never touched 90 mph in his first start in almost two years. I know the Indians expect their top pitchers to return but it's no guarantee they are the same this year. The Bauer trade may come back to haunt them.
Good point. I’m skeptical Kluber comes back and slices hitters s up as well.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

take a look at the twins schedule. if they're playing good baseball they should be able to put an indian type romp on their opposition. after a 3 game series in cleveland followed by a 3 game homestand against the white sox they finish with 4 games at home against KC-then three at detroit before closing with three against the royals again on the road.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

3-1 still nobody out. GFY angels.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:36 pm
He was awful before he got hurt and was demoted to the pen. ...two years ago. Why they trade Bauer and expect a guy who hasn’t been good in 3 years to help a playoff push is beyond me.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Saw Angels pitchers era and expected good things. Except his era was from being a reliever and he pitched just a few days ago. Not a fan of the bullpen games.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

A3A73BA8-E662-4D8B-8DC0-4FEE800FFCA9.jpeg
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jack Hoff wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:32 pm A3A73BA8-E662-4D8B-8DC0-4FEE800FFCA9.jpeg
twins take care of business against the stiffs in the division and they should be golden for the division title.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

Jack Hoff wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:32 pm A3A73BA8-E662-4D8B-8DC0-4FEE800FFCA9.jpeg
IIRC, we play 13 in a row after KC, so after that, we only have 12 left (six against Cleveland)
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:59 pm
IIRC, we play 13 in a row after KC, so after that, we only have 12 left (six against Cleveland)
Look at the last couple of weeks of the season...
The Twins are playing terrible teams.
The Replacements

Interesting article about the possibility of bringing up Brusdar Graterol in September if his rehab goes well. Would be nice to have a power arm like that in the playoffs.

https://www.skornorth.com/twins-2/2019/ ... september/
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:01 am Interesting article about the possibility of bringing up Brusdar Graterol in September if his rehab goes well. Would be nice to have a power arm like that in the playoffs.

I mentioned this at the trade deadline. Asked if part of the plan was to bring up Graterol or Duran towards the end of the season to have a flamethrower in the pen.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:01 am Interesting article about the possibility of bringing up Brusdar Graterol in September if his rehab goes well. Would be nice to have a power arm like that in the playoffs.

interesting-but i also found this to be very pertinent to the season. i think the FO gets skewered if there's a playoff series flop-or if they don't get to a playoff series.

Still, it’s tough to feel like the Twins improved their chances to win a World Series at the deadline. Marcus Stroman was there for the taking, and the Twins blew a great opportunity to land a borderline ace who’d probably start the second game of a division series. They also didn’t get it done with Robbie Ray, Mike Minor, and a host of other pitchers.

The window might never be more open than it is right now. They have the fourth best record, and run differential, in baseball, and compete in a weak division with just one pursuer. The offense is historically good, and they have a very strong farm system they could’ve used to make impact trades. In my view, everything was in place to make this an all-in year. They chose to take a conservative approach, and we’ll see if that strategy pans out.
Badbeat

Post by Badbeat »

Car Ramrod wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:13 am

I mentioned this at the trade deadline. Asked if part of the plan was to bring up Graterol or Duran towards the end of the season to have a flamethrower in the pen.
Patrick Reusse (spelling) was talking about this a couple months ago.. Having that arm in the bullpen would be awesome
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Badbeat wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:35 am
Car Ramrod wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:13 am

Patrick Reusse (spelling) was talking about this a couple months ago.. Having that arm in the bullpen would be awesome
it would be a big plus for a 7th-9th inning shutdown bullpen if he could successfully make the jump. but for that to really do the job so the team advances you most often need to have the lead when you get there.

What does Sept. 1 mean for postseason rosters?
If a player is to be eligible for a team's postseason roster, he must be in its organization as of 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 31. Specifically, players must be on the 40-man roster, the 60-day disabled list or the bereavement/family medical emergency list at that time.

As mentioned, players acquired via trade in September are not eligible for their new team, and the same goes for those signed as free agents during that time. However, if a club wants to add a player who was not on the 40-man roster but was in the organization, it can petition the Commissioner's Office if that player is replacing someone who has been on the 60-day DL for at least 60 days.

One notable example of this was pitcher Brandon Finnegan, who appeared in every stage of the 2014 postseason for the Royals despite the fact that he was not added to the 40-man roster until Kansas City purchased his contract from its Double-A club on Sept. 1 of that year.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Tampa Bay started David Price’s career like this in 08. He was such a weapon for them as a reliever in the postseason.
The Replacements

weimy froob wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:31 am

interesting-but i also found this to be very pertinent to the season. i think the FO gets skewered if there's a playoff series flop-or if they don't get to a playoff series.

Still, it’s tough to feel like the Twins improved their chances to win a World Series at the deadline. Marcus Stroman was there for the taking, and the Twins blew a great opportunity to land a borderline ace who’d probably start the second game of a division series. They also didn’t get it done with Robbie Ray, Mike Minor, and a host of other pitchers.

The window might never be more open than it is right now. They have the fourth best record, and run differential, in baseball, and compete in a weak division with just one pursuer. The offense is historically good, and they have a very strong farm system they could’ve used to make impact trades. In my view, everything was in place to make this an all-in year. They chose to take a conservative approach, and we’ll see if that strategy pans out.
I don't think you can fault the Twins at the deadline based on what happened. The Blue Jays could have received more from Stroman if they waited. Also, no one knows exactly why teams didn't trade away certain players. We know the asking prices were high and teams value their prospects more than ever. Plus their wasn't any one player available that would really push their win percentages much higher. Greinke was the best player available and he has be awful in the postseason.

As far as the window, it just opened and the Twins are positioned to win in the future years as well. They have a young controllable team with a top 5 farm system. Their challenges will always be pitching which can be said for 90% of the league.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:31 am

Why do people keep arguing this garbage. Stroman trade was a joke that no team could have made Toronto change. Nobody understands why they did it. The other guys didn’t even get traded.

And who’s going to skewer the front office? Sergeant Rubetube? I’m sure the twins care about him.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Another dub. This club is "White" hot.

Next week at this exact time, Tito will have DA LANDS 9 sitting atop the AL Central.

BOOK IT!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:42 pm Another dub. This club is "White" hot.

Next week at this exact time, Tito will have DA LANDS 9 sitting atop the AL Central.

BOOK IT!!
ENGRISH!

I think?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Cleveland is "white hot".
They're 7-3 in their last 10.

Twins are 8-2.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:31 pm Cleveland is "white hot".
They're 7-3 in their last 10.

Twins are 8-2.
yeah unless either team goes crazy either way, its mostly the 10 head to head games that will decides the division.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Cleveland has Baker Mayfield in the stands shotgunning beers.
The Twins have Cousins sitting at home, reading the bible, counting death rocks and preaching about how yucky beer is.

Advantage: Cleveland.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

It'd be real fucking nice if Cleveland lost some games instead of being as hot as we are. Twins are 8-2 and the Indians 7-3 in the last 10 games.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:21 pm It'd be real fucking nice if Cleveland lost some games instead of being as hot as we are. Twins are 8-2 and the Indians 7-3 in the last 10 games.
that's where head to head comes in....bury them this weekend.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 am Cleveland has Baker Mayfield in the stands shotgunning beers.
The Twins have Cousins sitting at home, reading the bible, counting death rocks and preaching about how yucky beer is.

Advantage: Cleveland.
Kirk is also almost a decade older than that douche Mayfield.

Kirk is a leader of men, a man of christ and a damn good husband and father.

#Hoist
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master