Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

Re: Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

Post by salamander »

Vendetta11 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am Keep this mind as they sit 2 games behind the Twins: They have 19 games left against the Tigers, Royals and White Sox -- but the Twins have 33."
What a great line by ESPN writer David Schoenfield.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm Image

She gets hot in July, boy's.

August 1st.... This thing will be neck and neck.

Better get some help.
July has been a HEATER like I predicted. Will the Twins have the lead by August 1st?

Stay tuned!

1.0 game back!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

It isn't looking like it
Let's get Tropical
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the twins haven't won three games in a row since mid june. since june 4th they are either .500 or a game above. the indians are something like 39-12. the race is on.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:18 am the twins haven't won three games in a row since mid june. since june 4th they are either .500 or a game above. the indians are something like 39-12. the race is on.
I don't think they win it now. The Indians are just a better team. I think we get the WC, which is more then I thought we'd get at the start of the season. Kluber is coming back soon.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Do we need to start a thread now that says "Objects in your mirror may be getting further away?"
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:23 pm Do we need to start a thread now that says "Objects in your mirror may be getting further away?"
Hell no!
Not yet.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
The Replacements

tbgh wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm
The Replacements wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:23 pm Do we need to start a thread now that says "Objects in your mirror may be getting further away?"
Hell no!
Not yet.
What about the few positive fans like me who have to read this crap every time they lose a game. BTW the the Twins are on track to win 99 games.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:53 pm
tbgh wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm
Hell no!
Not yet.
What about the few positive fans like me who have to read this crap every time they lose a game. BTW the the Twins are on track to win 99 games.
Oh no. I'm not one of those who thinks MLB is like the NFL. The Twins have been great, no doubt. It's just that Cleveland is on a helluva run. I'm very hopeful that the swing in the schedule works out, but I'm gonna just hope and wait and see.

But it's fine with me if you can stay positive!
Put 'er in the ole vise.
salamander

Post by salamander »

:lol:

I've said all along I didnt think CLE was going to catch up. Now they get to play big boy teams like we have.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

salamander wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:18 pm

I've said all along I didnt think CLE was going to catch up. Now they get to play big boy teams like we have.

But we built the lead on those same teams. I didn't think they'd make it this close, either, but they have. Hopefully it turns in our favor. It should.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
BBG

Post by BBG »

The law of averages diveded by talent times the teams we play most certainly gives us the advantage yet the human element will decide the pennant
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

tbgh wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:29 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:18 pm

But we built the lead on those same teams. I didn't think they'd make it this close, either, but they have. Hopefully it turns in our favor. It should.
Indains have the best record in bball since June 1st and we still have a lead, that's pretty damn good as frustrating as the play has been at times during the Indians run. if we don't win the division but win over 100 games, it's hard to call that a choke or collapse... and yes, the 10 head to head games are huge. even 6-4 is gggggreat.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

full force five

Post by full force five »

Cleveland's schedule gets tough now starting tonight when they host Houston and Verlander. Then Angles, Texas, 4 games here, Boston, at NYY,and at NYM. Will they still have the best record in baseball after that stretch?
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

full force five wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:13 am Cleveland's schedule gets tough now starting tonight when they host Houston and Verlander. Then Angles, Texas, 4 games here, Boston, at NYY,and at NYM. Will they still have the best record in baseball after that stretch?
I don't think so... The bigger question is, will we take advantage of our weak schedule?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:33 am
full force five wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:13 am Cleveland's schedule gets tough now starting tonight when they host Houston and Verlander. Then Angles, Texas, 4 games here, Boston, at NYY,and at NYM. Will they still have the best record in baseball after that stretch?
I don't think so... The bigger question is, will we take advantage of our weak schedule?
yep.
The Replacements

Cleveland lost to Houston tonight. :clap:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_H wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:40 pm Just a matter of time. I said by the end of July and I'll stick with that.
Welp
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 pm Cleveland lost to Houston tonight. :clap:
:naners:
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:33 am I don't think so... The bigger question is, will we take advantage of our weak schedule?
That's what I was wondering about. So the Twins have 33 games left vs KC, CHI and Detroit combined. Cleveland has only 16 games left vs those 3 teams (if I have that right) plus Twins face Indians 13 more times ?
We better do good or we don't deserve to win the division, as simple as that.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Hummdrum wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 pm
Small Hands wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:33 am I don't think so... The bigger question is, will we take advantage of our weak schedule?
That's what I was wondering about. So the Twins have 33 games left vs KC, CHI and Detroit combined. Cleveland has only 16 games left vs those 3 teams (if I have that right) plus Twins face Indians 13 more times ?
We better do good or we don't deserve to win the division, as simple as that.

10 more times. 4 in August, 6 in September.
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 pm 10 more times. 4 in August, 6 in September.
Thanks Sidewinder. I hope we at least split to get the job done.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Cleveland made a hell of a trade today. Added two big bats by trading away Bauer. Traded away strength for weakness.
BBG

Post by BBG »

Indians finna get Danny Salazar back tomorrow
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

BBG wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:17 am Indians finna get Danny Salazar back tomorrow
he sucked in 2017 (demoted to pen) and hasn't pitched in 2 years. maybe he'll tank them lol. Facing the stros in your first game since sept 2017 is a helluva welcome back
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Indians losing.

Too bad the Twins blew it today.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bon Scott

Post by Bon Scott »

Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »