Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Jimtown guy

Re: Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_H wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 am I wish "fans" would stop going to games, but 80% that attend games could not tell u 5 players on the team. It's something to do for them.
Sure :roll:
D_H

Post by D_H »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:10 pm
D_H wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 am I wish "fans" would stop going to games, but 80% that attend games could not tell u 5 players on the team. It's something to do for them.
Sure :roll: go

You think your average "fan" in the stands could name 5 players? NO way!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_H wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Yes the average fan could name Rosario, Gibson, Berrios, Kepler, and Sano
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:32 pm

buxton, probably polanco due to suspension and all star, and Cruz bc hes like 55 yrs old ;)
D_H

Post by D_H »

Not the ones AT the games
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

boxter432 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 pm

buxton, probably polanco due to suspension and all star, and Cruz bc hes like 55 yrs old ;)
Buxton for sure too
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_H wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:37 pm

So you go around and ask an “average” fan to name 5 Twins players? Kind of like your 100 posts on how the stock market is going to crash
D_H

Post by D_H »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 pm

So you go around and ask an “average” fan to name 5 Twins players? Kind of like your 100 posts on how the stock market is going to crash

I figured a Trump voter wouldn't be smart enough to figure out what I meant. Geez :lol:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_H wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:44 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 pm

I figured a Trump voter wouldn't be smart enough to figure out what I meant. Geez :lol:
Sure. Trolls aren’t hard to figure out. Have yourself a day
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

For most of them it's like a minature State Fair food experience with something to watch while they eat and drink. If the Twins are say 3-5 games out of first place in mid-August the attendance will really go down. It goes down that time of the year because people are getting ready for school, squeezing in a late vacation, getting ready for the State Fair ect.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

1 game back after Wednesday?
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Yanks will win 2 of 3

Indians will win 2 of 3

1 game lead going into next weekend.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Might be the most idiotic take in Rube/Froob history..

This goes to the list.

Geez.....using rough percentages...I have a feeling Twins fans are more aware than Wolves, Vikings fans..

How many people at Wolves game could name 4 players?
At a Vikings game 10?
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

It's something to do for all "fans".
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:27 pm Yanks will win 2 of 3

Indians will win 2 of 3

If this team wants to make a statement this is the series to do so. Don’t feel real confident about it but on any given day
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

man this would have felt alot better if we could have won the first mets game after Arraez had the best at bat of all time. coming in with 2 strikes after schoop tweaked something and coaxing a walk was incredible and should have absolutely led to a win. that set the tone for the week. multiple more bases loaded just complete fuck ups, including a game losing GDP last night. they just can't seem to not shoot themselves in the left testicle 4x a game, luckily the gun jammed today and Max came through. hopeully it leads to a series win w/ NYY who are playing well. but are not playing any amazing bball or anything.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Was it the 09 Tigers collapse season where the Ojects in your mirror thing started? That was 10 years ago.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

salamander wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 pm Was it the 09 Tigers collapse season where the Ojects in your mirror thing started? That was 10 years ago.
Yep. I remember the Twins being 9.5 games back but maybe at one point it was more (?)
I went to the 163rd game, it nice to have a Dome that day because it really rained. Then the next night was Favres first game as a Vike vs. the Pack, it was moved to Tuesday I think.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Hummdrum wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:21 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 pm Was it the 09 Tigers collapse season where the Ojects in your mirror thing started? That was 10 years ago.
Yep. I remember the Twins being 9.5 games back but maybe at one point it was more (?)
I went to the 163rd game, it nice to have a Dome that day because it really rained. Then the next night was Favres first game as a Vike vs. the Pack, it was moved to Tuesday I think.
Favre vs Pack was on Monday night. I was there. They showed the Twins on the jumbotron with the Twins song playing.

163 was the next day. My college roommate went. Probably the best two day span of MN sports of my lifetime :beer:
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Pretty sure attendance has sucked for most of the decade while the team was shit. You want fans to not show up for a first place or wild card team?

I attended one game since '11 and have gone to three this year.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
salamander

Post by salamander »

Hummdrum wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:21 pm
That was one of the funniest stretches of baseball ever.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

If we can just win ONE game versus the Yankees I will be tickled pink. I think we can do it.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:44 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:27 pm Yanks will win 2 of 3

Indians will win 2 of 3

If this team wants to make a statement this is the series to do so. Don’t feel real confident about it but on any given day
looking forward to it though. if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Dam, I just checked the schedule. Since losing 2 out of 3 to us the Indians have only lost 1 game.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Hummdrum wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 pm If we can just win ONE game versus the Yankees I will be tickled pink. I think we can do it.
1 out of 3, I think we're good enough to pull that off.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

:shock: 2 games back!

Oh my!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Just a matter of time. I said by the end of July and I'll stick with that.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

"The Indians are now 26-9 since June 13 as they hold on for a 14-inning victory over the Royals. What's been the key? Well, they're 10-0 against the Tigers and 8-2 against the Royals in that stretch. Keep this mind as they sit 2 games behind the Twins: They have 19 games left against the Tigers, Royals and White Sox -- but the Twins have 33."

- ESPN writer David Schoenfield

I do tip the hat to the Tribe beating the snot out of some shitty teams, let's see if the Twins can match that with their games against the bottom feeders while Cleveland gets to play some tougher opponents. I know we are all sweating bullets with the 2 game lead, but "its a marathon, not a sprint".
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Vendetta11 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am "The Indians are now 26-9 since June 13 as they hold on for a 14-inning victory over the Royals. What's been the key? Well, they're 10-0 against the Tigers and 8-2 against the Royals in that stretch. Keep this mind as they sit 2 games behind the Twins: They have 19 games left against the Tigers, Royals and White Sox -- but the Twins have 33."

I do tip the hat to the Tribe beating the snot out of some shitty teams, let's see if the Twins can match that with their games against the bottom feeders while Cleveland gets to play some tougher opponents. I know we are all sweating bullets with the 2 game lead, but "its a marathon, not a sprint".
:thumbsup:

I think a pennant race is better for this team than coasting to a division title provided we make the playoffs.

And not to mention, a lot more entertaining.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Vendetta11 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am "The Indians are now 26-9 since June 13 as they hold on for a 14-inning victory over the Royals. What's been the key? Well, they're 10-0 against the Tigers and 8-2 against the Royals in that stretch. Keep this mind as they sit 2 games behind the Twins: They have 19 games left against the Tigers, Royals and White Sox -- but the Twins have 33."

I said this on another forum and a Cle fan went nuts...I'm like I'm saying the only reason the division is close is b/c the Indians have played the central TWELVE (this quote shows 14 so maybe I was off when I looked quickly) more times than the Twins, it was a pure numbers/quantity game, as we have better w% against all the AL divisions than Cle, just that they played so many against Detroit. Now this doesn't guarantee we go 27-6 against those guys or anything, but yeah crazy that the discrepency is even that big and not more evened out throughout the season (could be good for us as those teams bring up minor leaguers and sept callups instead of some big leaguers)