Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

A place to discuss the MN Twins
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

Post by RubeTube »

She gets hot in July, boy's.

August 1st.... This thing will be neck and neck.

Better get some help.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Re: Objects In Your Mirror May Be Closer Than They Appear

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm Image

She gets hot in July, boy's.

August 1st, this thing will be neck and neck.

Better get some help.
I'm afraid so. Every team goes through a few rough stretches, but I think what we are seeing the past couple weeks is a bit more alarming then that. They can barely play .500 against dogshit opponents (KC and Seattle) and were basically just shut down by four Royals starting pitchers none of whom, quite honestly are worthy of a MLB roster spot on any legitimate team. To be perfectly honest all three games the Twins won this week (2 in extra innings) they could have and probably even should have lost. The problems all stem from the fact that the Twins find themselves "chasing" (a term more commonly used in hockey) the game and doing it very early on far too often even if it's just by a run or two. In other words, the offense of late has been absolutely pitiful in the first half of games and even if the Twins starter on any given night isn't getting totally rocked they find themselves down 4-1 in the sixth inning or something like that with regularity.

While the Twins have built themselves quite a large cushion, Cleveland has picked up three games in a little over a week. With that in mind consider that Cleveland's three best starters are still on the shelf, but will return. I would also like to point out that while the Twins have Tampa Bay and the White Sox this week Cleveland has KC and Baltimore. Moreover, this offense that suddenly can't score on any starting pitcher regardless of how shitty they are will get to see Blake Snell and Charlie Morton in the first two games of the Tampa series. If things don't go well in those series' we could very easily be talking about that lead being cut down to 4-5 games at this time next week.

Having said that the Twins are still in the driver's seat and statistically speaking they probably still will win the division, but it's not gonna be as easy as we all thought and hoped it would be even a couple of weeks ago. Buckle up.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

I honestly wouldn't mind the Indians making a race out of it both for entertainment purposes and as a test playing important games down the stretch before the 'offs.

Still, in this stretch that we've lost some ground to Cleveland we're still playing above .500 ball.

Enjoy the season.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
salamander

Post by salamander »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:24 am Still, in this stretch that we've lost some ground to Cleveland we're still playing above .500 ball.

Enjoy the season.
This, yeah we don't look dominant but if a bad stretch of baseball equals us playing above .500 ball, that's a good team.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

salamander wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 am
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:24 am Still, in this stretch that we've lost some ground to Cleveland we're still playing above .500 ball.

Enjoy the season.
This, yeah we don't look dominant but if a bad stretch of baseball equals us playing above .500 ball, that's a good team.
I said the same thing in another thread. I too would love to see a tight race for the exact reasons whiskerbisquit said
BBG

Post by BBG »

8 games is nothing.... 2 weeks and it could be a 2-3 game disparity
salamander

Post by salamander »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:17 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 am

Enjoy the season.
I said the same thing in another thread. I too would love to see a tight race for the exact reasons whiskerbisquit said
It would make things more exciting that's for sure.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

BBG wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm 8 games is nothing.... 2 weeks and it could be a 2-3 game disparity
That's assuming Cleveland keeps playing .800 ball or we start playing .200 ball. I just don't see either happening, despite the difference in schedules.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Kipnis with a walk off blast. Hopefully that Sparkman guy can replicate his Cy Young worthy performance from 4 days ago against the "bomba squad".
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:44 pm Kipnis with a walk off blast. Hopefully that Sparkman guy can replicate his Cy Young worthy performance from 4 days ago against the "bomba squad".
I wouldn't hold my breath. Today, 1/2 game to the Indians side of the ledger. Snell and Morton tomorrow and wednesday while the Indians finish off their series against KC and get ready for Baltimore over the weekend. This thing could get tight in a hurry.......
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Marathon, not a sprint, as they like to say for a baseball season.

Like others have said, Cleveland climbing back could make for an interesting end. Cleveland would be flying back, and gain the underdog mentality. Twins would then have the opportunity to say....NOPE!!!! this is our division. I would hope they would grasp that, and take it to the playoffs.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:56 am Marathon, not a sprint, as they like to say for a baseball season.

Like others have said, Cleveland climbing back could make for an interesting end. Cleveland would be flying back, and gain the underdog mentality. Twins would then have the opportunity to say....NOPE!!!! this is our division. I would hope they would grasp that, and take it to the playoffs.
The "Not a sprint" at this point applies to the Indians. If this thing gets within a few games, you better believe the Twins will shit themselves.

There are just too many guy's playing at career highs etc..

The Indians may not ever catch them but if they do... LOOK OUT!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:01 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:56 am Marathon, not a sprint, as they like to say for a baseball season.

The "Not a sprint" at this point applies to the Indians. If this thing gets within a few games, you better believe the Twins will shit themselves.

There are just too many guy's playing at career highs etc..

The Indians may not ever catch them but if they do... LOOK OUT!
nah, it applies to both teams. Twins crew has been playing this whole season as a marathon, being safe with guys like Garver/Buxton/Cruz/Sano/etc...even when fully healthy, they have had guys like Gonsalez, Tortuga, Garver rotating to keep the full roster healthy. This regime understands the marathon aspect.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

We all understand the Twins have overachieved to this point, but there's no reason to believe they can't win this division. We're in a slump, Cleveland is hot, and we still have a 7.5 game lead. Boys just need to get healthy and the front office is gonna bring some help in the next 3-4 weeks....let's just enjoy having a first place team as we head towards July and keep the faith!

WIN TWINS!

PS-Let's hope Jose's blister heals quicker than Miguel's foot!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Hornets wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:47 am We all understand the Twins have overachieved to this point, but there's no reason to believe they can't win this division. We're in a slump, Cleveland is hot, and we still have a 7.5 game lead. Boys just need to get healthy and the front office is gonna bring some help in the next 3-4 weeks....let's just enjoy having a first place team as we head towards July and keep the faith!

WIN TWINS!

PS-Let's hope Jose's blister heals quicker than Miguel's foot!
Good chance it'll be 6.5 game lead after today. The Indians play KC at home, and the Twins will have to beat the current CY winner. The Twins don't have 3-4 weeks. If they wait until then, they'll use your excuse and say they overachieved, and be sellers.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Easy 3-game sweep for the Twins, their payroll is double that of the Rays.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

I think it will be down to 4.5 games in fewer than 2 weeks. After that, it will get real iffy.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

We're just messing with the Indians. They will decide not be sellers and hang on to their players. We will open up a big lead again and their rebuild will take them even longer. Love when a plan comes together.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Indians huge success lately largely came because they swept the Tigers twice.

They won't continue playing at this level.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

salamander wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:56 am The Indians huge success lately largely came because they swept the Tigers twice.

They’re hitting their stride. They’re playing the royals, Baltimore, and then the royals again. We could be playing for the division lead on July 12th. Think about that.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:11 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:56 am The Indians huge success lately largely came because they swept the Tigers twice.

They’re hitting their stride. They’re playing the royals, Baltimore, and then the royals again. We could be playing for the division lead on July 12th. Think about that.
Dam thats a nice schedule.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

salamander wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:19 pm

And we get the Rays, WSox, A's, and Rangers in that span. All but the Sox are above .500, and they are only 4 games under .500. Objects are definitely closer.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:35 pm

And we get the Rays, WSox, A's, and Rangers in that span. All but the Sox are above .500, and they are only 4 games under .500. Objects are definitely closer.
Objects are 7.5 games back after going 8-2. Whatever
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:44 pm
Not saying it's probable, but it's definitely possible. Their schedule is a cake walk, and ours is tough until we meet in July.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

This same exact statement can be said for both teams.

Tons of bad MLB teams for both squads to play.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Not saying it's probable, but it's definitely possible. Their schedule is a cake walk, and ours is tough until we meet in July.
Then the rest of our schedule is complete garbage. We'll play a series against the A's, Rangers, Red Sox and Angels.....but then a bunch of trash
BBG

Post by BBG »

Should be 6.5 after tonight

I'm highly concerned
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 pm
Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Then the rest of our schedule is complete garbage. We'll play a series against the A's, Rangers, Red Sox and Angels.....but then a bunch of trash
This is one hell of a ringing endorsement for the club!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

BBG wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:31 pm Should be 6.5 after tonight

I'm highly concerned
i just wish they'd add that starting pitcher that we all expect them to do sooner as opposed to later. why not just get the deal done?
BBG

Post by BBG »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:26 pm
BBG wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:31 pm Should be 6.5 after tonight

I'm highly concerned
i just wish they'd add that starting pitcher that we all expect them to do sooner as opposed to later. why not just get the deal done?
I want Madison

I want him , bro

Woof woof