Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Perez

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Hornets

Perez

Post by Hornets »

Well, it was fun while it lasted wouldn't you type?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Miley Cyrus

Re: Perez

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Good thing it would take a pretty big meltdown to miss the playoffs at this point, even if he puts up more shitty outings, wouldn't you type? Can't hit em all, but Mr. Miley would've looked good on the rubber at 1 Twins Way.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

He won't be the great pitcher the Twins got for the first few months, but he'll still be what the Twins signed him for, which is a #4-5 guy.

He's fine.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

He's about 10th on the list of guys who lost the game on Sunday.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:43 am He won't be the great pitcher the Twins got for the first few months, but he'll still be what the Twins signed him for, which is a #4-5 guy.

He's fine.
His last quality start was on May 17th. I'd rather have him in the Bullpen.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

well Pineda has been much worse so even if we trade for a starter, Perez is more reliable than Michael thus far

hard to tell who (if not sent to AAA if that's even possible) would be better for the Pen. Pineda rarely walks anyone, which has been an issue as of late, but Perez doesn't give up HRs and strikes a lot more guys out (but has the highest WIP of the 5 main starters)
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Hornets wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 pm Well, it was fun while it lasted wouldn't you type?
I can only surmise that you didn't actually watch the game yesterday. Perez was excellent. He gave up a bunch of little seeing eye bleeders all strung together in the 2nd, and Rosey dropped a ball in the 7th that, had he caught, would have probably resulted in an inning ending DP and they gave the batter a hit on it. Despite all the bad luck, he still got 20 outs. I was really encouraged by his start yesterday. His control was vastly improved and there were hardly any hard hit balls. He deserved way better than his final line.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

beetlebum71 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 pm Well, it was fun while it lasted wouldn't you type?
I can only surmise that you didn't actually watch the game yesterday. Perez was excellent. He gave up a bunch of little seeing eye bleeders all strung together in the 2nd, and Rosey dropped a ball in the 7th that, had he caught, would have probably resulted in an inning ending DP and they gave the batter a hit on it. Despite all the bad luck, he still got 20 outs. I was really encouraged by his start yesterday. His control was vastly improved and there were hardly any hard hit balls. He deserved way better than his final line.
He sent down 14 in a row (against a bad line up). Didn't give up any big hits, just flares and mediocre singles.

That said, he continues to fall behind way too many hitters. He doesn't appear to trust his stuff. He reminds me of Gibby from a couple years ago - he doesn't have top end stuff, but he's good enough to get people out if he'd trust it and throw to the catcher's glove.
Ketchup can be nuancy
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:03 pm
He sent down 14 in a row (against a bad line up). Didn't give up any big hits, just flares and mediocre singles.

That said, he continues to fall behind way too many hitters. He doesn't appear to trust his stuff. He reminds me of Gibby from a couple years ago - he doesn't have top end stuff, but he's good enough to get people out if he'd trust it and throw to the catcher's glove.
I will say that the one thing that pissed me off about that dumb 2nd inning yesterday was that they were putting extreme shifts on the righties and then pitching them soft away. Even guys who dont go the other way well can shoot those pitches to RF when they know all they need to do is make contact and it's a hit and a run. If you're going to shift like that with runners on base, then you'd better be busting the hitter inside. I'm cool with a random change up out of the zone down and away just to keep them honest, but you can't live on that pitch.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I can only surmise that you agree he's not the pitcher he was the first 6 weeks of the season.....that's not a crime, it's a fact.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm well Pineda has been much worse so even if we trade for a starter, Perez is more reliable than Michael thus far

hard to tell who (if not sent to AAA if that's even possible) would be better for the Pen. Pineda rarely walks anyone, which has been an issue as of late, but Perez doesn't give up HRs and strikes a lot more guys out (but has the highest WIP of the 5 main starters)
What have you done for me lately? It would be interesting to look at the last 3 starts stats for both. I bet you Pineda looks way better.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:43 am He won't be the great pitcher the Twins got for the first few months, but he'll still be what the Twins signed him for, which is a #4-5 guy.

He's fine.
His last quality start was on May 17th. I'd rather have him in the Bullpen.
No, he’s a mental Little Person. He’s going to get mashed being used in the bullpen. At this point, just let him hang around starting until another starter is acquired.

I was dead wrong about him early, but I was pissed when the FO took a chance on him.