Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What % of our top 10 prospects should we be willing to trade away?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

What % of our top 10 prospects should we be willing to trade away?

Post by salamander »

We need to trade for a starting pitcher and at least 2 BP.

This should be the target. This is also why we shouldn't have limp dicked both Kimbrel AND Kuechel.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
The Replacements

Re: What % of our top 10 prospects should we be willing to trade away?

Post by The Replacements »

salamander wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:53 pm We need to trade for a starting pitcher and at least 2 BP.

This should be the target. This is also why we shouldn't have limp dicked both Kimbrel AND Kuechel.
The Twins are a franchise best 44-21 right now. Can you just stop the constant whining about 2 players most every team in baseball passed on. It's really getting old. Since you have all the answers, why don't you put together the trades you would make before the deadline.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:10 am
salamander wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:53 pm We need to trade for a starting pitcher and at least 2 BP.

The Twins are a franchise best 44-21 right now. Can you just stop the constant whining about 2 players most every team in baseball passed on. It's really getting old. Since you have all the answers, why don't you put together the trades you would make before the deadline.
No, I can not stop stating facts about our shitty ownership.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
The Replacements

salamander wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 am

It's easier to complain than really think about realistic options. BTW, the shitty ownership hired Falvey. That may be the best owner's decision in Minnesota in decades.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:18 pm

It's easier to complain than really think about realistic options. BTW, the shitty ownership hired Falvey. That may be the best owner's decision in Minnesota in decades.
Yeah, that's true. He was an excellent find.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Zero.
ViksScore

Post by ViksScore »

Can someone put a list of closers and starting pitchers that might be on the market or might be by July?
"He who stops being better stops being good"
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:41 pmZero.
3 of the top 10 are middle infielders. I don't think Polanco is going anywhere. If they don't move Javier to the 40-man at the end of the year, he's exposed to the Rule 5 draft. There are some tough roster decisions coming up.
The Replacements

feekdogg wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:24 pm
3 of the top 10 are middle infielders. I don't think Polanco is going anywhere. If they don't move Javier to the 40-man at the end of the year, he's exposed to the Rule 5 draft. There are some tough roster decisions coming up.
Players I would make available in trade discussions (MLB Pipeline Twins Top 10)

2. Alex Kirilloff - Only for an ace SP that's not a rental
4. Wander Javier - Not for any rental piece
5. Trevor Larnach
6. Brent Rooker
10. Nick Gordon
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

5. Trevor Larnach
6. Brent Rooker
10. Nick Gordon
That's actually more than I thought people would want.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

5. Trevor Larnach
6. Brent Rooker
10. Nick Gordon
I would agree with this.

I really dont want to trade Royce unless you are getting Scherzer and Doolittle.

Kirilloff is only a year out but I like our outfield for now. Who does he replace, Kepler?

I agree with Wander. I think some of it depends on if they think Polanco could move to 2B otherwise Polanco can be the guy at SS for the next few years.

I get the idea of holding on to the pitchers at 7,8,9 but do any of them really project to be difference makers?
The Replacements

D_B_U wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:52 pm

5. Trevor Larnach
6. Brent Rooker
10. Nick Gordon
I would agree with this.

I really dont want to trade Royce unless you are getting Scherzer and Doolittle.

Kirilloff is only a year out but I like our outfield for now. Who does he replace, Kepler?

I agree with Wander. I think some of it depends on if they think Polanco could move to 2B otherwise Polanco can be the guy at SS for the next few years.

I get the idea of holding on to the pitchers at 7,8,9 but do any of them really project to be difference makers?
They could be losing 3 starters next year. I like the strategy of drafting positional players early and using them to get established pitchers. I like keeping pitching depth because you never know how pitching prospects develop.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

5. Trevor Larnach
6. Brent Rooker
10. Nick Gordon
I would agree with this.

You buy Kirilloff a 1B glove and use him in a rotation at corner OF, 1B, and DH.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

5. Trevor Larnach
6. Brent Rooker
10. Nick Gordon
I would agree with this.

No way Kiriloff replaces Kep. Kep just signed a big contract, and is having a breakout year. He's part of the future plan. More likely, he starts next season in the minors, Twins pick up Cruz's option. Kiriloff is one of the first guys called up after any injury. In the next year, he is the fulltime DH and 4th OF. Hopefully he will have learned to play 1B by then too. Something else to keep in mind with Alex, is that Rosario hasnt signed an extension yet. He might be out-pricing himself here, and Alex could maybe be the Eddie replacement down the road (though I believe the Twins hold his arbitration years for the short-term future).
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Arraez has to have some nice value now, no? He was flying under the radar, but probably not anymore.

He's hit extremely well in the minors, and in a short stint in the majors, has shown he can hit MLB pitching too. He can also play numerous positions. I feel Falvine loves this type of player, but he might be able to fetch something nice now.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

50%
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

That shitty ownership has contributed to the aforementioned MLB best (now 44-22) record. ;)
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

let's just win a world series and then be terrible again for 10 years, fk it.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:24 pm

That shitty ownership has contributed to the aforementioned MLB best (now 44-22) record. ;)
They did a great job with management choices (so far). I won't disagree with that.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:52 pm Image

That's my mentality too. Except, I'm not sure they'll be terrible. Who fucking knows which if any of the prospect arms will turn into good players? I really like Graterol, and would rather keep him, but there are no guarantees with him.

I want to see a WS championship again before I die.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

:lol:
Ketchup can be nuancy
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

We are young enough that I doubt that would truly happen.

But I would gladly take a World Series this year if it meant garbage after that.

I just want 1 shining moment in this Sh*tstorm of pro sports in MN.