Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Keuchel Gone

A place to discuss the MN Twins
feekdogg

Re: Keuchel Gone

Post by feekdogg »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:26 am
feekdogg wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:32 pm
Small Hands wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:15 pm 7 IP, 2 ER tonight vs Philadelphia. We dodged a bullet!!! :roll:
Lost the game.
4+ ERA
1.47 WHIP.

8 strikeouts in 3 starts.
Kuechel is better then any Twins starter not named Berrios. I never understood the hate in here.
Rating WHIP
Excellent 1.00
Great 1.10
Above Average 1.25
Average 1.32
Below Average 1.40
Poor 1.50
Awful 1.60

It's not 2015 any longer. He's a groundball pitcher with an increasing flyball rate, can't strike anyone out, but yeah, he's awesome. He's seeing the opposing team's pitcher twice and he has 8 strikeouts in 3 games. That doesn't fly in the AL.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am
Small Hands wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:26 am
feekdogg wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Lost the game.
4+ ERA
1.47 WHIP.

8 strikeouts in 3 starts.
Kuechel is better then any Twins starter not named Berrios. I never understood the hate in here.
Rating WHIP
Excellent 1.00
Great 1.10
Above Average 1.25
Average 1.32
Below Average 1.40
Poor 1.50
Awful 1.60

It's not 2015 any longer. He's a groundball pitcher with an increasing flyball rate, can't strike anyone out, but yeah, he's awesome. He's seeing the opposing team's pitcher twice and he has 8 strikeouts in 3 games. That doesn't fly in the AL.
I never said he's "awesome". He's better than most of what we have, and is doing considerably well. Considering, he had no ST, and missed half the year. Let's just table this discussion, and see where he's at in 2 months. Shall we?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Deal.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:59 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 pm
would have rather had him than kimbrel. now a top gun is still in play though. and probably a couple more for the BP.
Long layoff hasn't kept Dallas Keuchel from helping Braves build NL East lead

ATLANTA – Dallas Keuchel refers to his routine leading to his June 7 signing with the Atlanta Braves as his “own little regular season.”

Keuchel, a former AL Cy young winner, threw simulated games every five days in California to allow for as quick a transition as possible once he signed with a team.

The veteran southpaw only made two rehab starts before joining the Braves, and the last two months have featured solid results despite a few poor outings.

Keuchel, 31, now owns a 4.39 ERA after throwing six scoreless innings in the Braves’ 6-4 win over the Mets on Wednesday night at SunTrust Park.

The lefty allowed five hits while fanning seven, and received a no decision after his bullpen blew a one-run lead before the offense rallied for five in the seventh.

“Outside of (my) last start, I feel I’m as good as I’ve ever been,” Keuchel said Tuesday. “Couple starts where I left runners on and they scored. Name of the game is don’t leave any runners on. You should be alright. That happens sometimes.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/long-layoff-ha ... 08923.html
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

This is the guy we should have got. Not Kimbrel.

I want a starter with a post season pedigree. Too much to ask I guess for Ebeneezer to pony up.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Remember when some here said we had starters better than Dallas?

Lulz
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Kohl Stewart is the only guy with a start on the Twins that has a higher ERA than Keuchel and only Thorpe and Stewart have higher WHIPS, he gives up a HR per game, no-one on the Twins does that. he's 3-5 for a really good ATL team. he might be big down the stretch, but he's very inconsistent,
weird to celebrate 6 shutout innings when just the game before he got destroyed by Miami...
salamander

Post by salamander »

I was going to post bet am trying to be more positive.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

boxter432 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:50 am Kohl Stewart is the only guy with a start on the Twins that has a higher ERA than Keuchel and only Thorpe and Stewart have higher WHIPS, he gives up a HR per game, no-one on the Twins does that. he's 3-5 for a really good ATL team. he might be big down the stretch, but he's very inconsistent,
weird to celebrate 6 shutout innings when just the game before he got destroyed by Miami...
His numbers are worse than Kyle Gibson (a guy who gets ripped to shreds on this site) in almost every relevant metric. And he's pitching in the NL, mostly against guys who've never faced him before. I don't understand the infatuation some people have with him.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:21 am
boxter432 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:50 am Kohl Stewart is the only guy with a start on the Twins that has a higher ERA than Keuchel and only Thorpe and Stewart have higher WHIPS, he gives up a HR per game, no-one on the Twins does that. he's 3-5 for a really good ATL team. he might be big down the stretch, but he's very inconsistent,
His numbers are worse than Kyle Gibson (a guy who gets ripped to shreds on this site) in almost every relevant metric. And he's pitching in the NL, mostly against guys who've never faced him before. I don't understand the infatuation some people have with him.
i doubt if the twins signed him they'd be any worse right now. and i'm not looking at the stats as much as having one more bullet in the chamber against an indians team that is pretty darn good and relentless. he just went six scoreless innings against a mets team that is as hot as any team and he says he feels real good. if you weren't going to trade for a starter-keuchel at the price he signed for wouldn't have been the worst move to make.

six weeks to go and we'll see how it all shakes out-but i don't think he would have hurt the team's chances to win the division if he was here.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tell ya what, I'd prefer Keuchel in our rotation ovah anyone not named Jose at this point.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
salamander

Post by salamander »

The PPP's said he didn't have spring training so he wasn't going to be good right away. (That was a reason the pocket protectors used to not sign him)

Well now he's gotten a faux spring training in and he shpuld do better. This is about when people who wanted Kim and Kuech expected them to get good.

We'll see. Who knows if that's the case but it was never really specifically about Kimbrel or about Kuechal. It was about competing and improving our team during a season you build towards. "The future" is 2019. Our organization failed to do that in epic cheap fashion aka the Pohlad Way.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

keuchel pitched well against the marlins tonight. six innings-one run and seven k's.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

I know who I'd rather hand the ball to in a playoff game...
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z