Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Twins trade deadline Chat

A place to discuss the MN Twins
sh1mmyya

Re: Twins trade deadline Chat

Post by sh1mmyya »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:34 am Why are folks so excited for Madison Bumgarner but some of those same people shitted on Dallas Keuchel? Look at their numbers the last 2 seasons. What makes Bumgarner better? Plus you’re giving up prospects for him. I’m not against acquiring Bumgarner at all just weird the hype for him compared to Keuchel.
Post season god.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

sh1mmyya wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:56 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:34 am Why are folks so excited for Madison Bumgarner but some of those same people shitted on Dallas Keuchel? Look at their numbers the last 2 seasons. What makes Bumgarner better? Plus you’re giving up prospects for him. I’m not against acquiring Bumgarner at all just weird the hype for him compared to Keuchel.
Post season god.
He’s started 2 postseason games since 2014. In 2016 he was great in one, and bad in the other.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 am
Post season god.
He’s started 2 postseason games since 2014. In 2016 he was great in one, and bad in the other.
Post season Pope? Bishop?
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

sh1mmyya wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:49 am

Post season god.
At this point maybe Deacon?
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:21 pm
GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Those people you speak of are ridiculous. They should take either or any decent arm they can get. For fans, beggars can't be choosers and we're always the beggars with the Pohlads
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

How exciting!
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

minnemike wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:11 am
Those people you speak of are ridiculous. They should take either or any decent arm they can get. For fans, beggars can't be choosers and we're always the beggars with the Pohlads
I imagine they'd try to get Smith in the package as well
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

People think their getting the 2014 version of Madison Bumgarner. The reality is he is not an ace, more of a mid rotation starter in 2019.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 am
People think their getting the 2014 version of Madison Bumgarner. The reality is he is not an ace, more of a mid rotation starter in 2019.
The thing is....who being talked about as a trade deadline candidate is a top of the rotation starter? Scherzer ain't happening unless the Nationals eat a TON of salary.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

odorizzi, berrios, bumgarner and gibson in the post-season with another legit BP arm could be enough to get it done in the post-season. under that scenario perez and pineda could potentially be moved into the pen to help out.

thoughts?
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 am
The thing is....who being talked about as a trade deadline candidate is a top of the rotation starter? Scherzer ain't happening unless the Nationals eat a TON of salary.
Would you rather have Stroman for the extra year of control over Bumgarner?
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

minnemike wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:08 am
I fully endorse this move. He will provide some confidence heading into the playoffs.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'd take my chances with him....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:34 am
minnemike wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:08 am
I fully endorse this move. He will provide some confidence heading into the playoffs.
i didn't see the OP of this little combination until now. i think that this would give the twins as good a 1-4 going into the playoffs as anybody out there. get it done and then get the BP arm that's needed-if not two arms.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 am
Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 am

Would you rather have Stroman for the extra year of control over Bumgarner?
Bumgarner. Better whip. Better k/9. Playoff pedigree.

Bumgarner is also having his first healthy season since 2016. People forget that. He's still a stud that would be our second best pitcher. A change of scenery would probably do him good.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i didn't listen to the podcast but bumgarner is at least part of the discussion in yankeeland.

PINSTRIPE ALLEY PODCASTS
A discussion on trading for Madison Bumgarner
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

and whether the twins land bumgarner or not-it's pretty obvious that they'll be buyers now when it comes to pitching. maybe they'll find somebody even better. and BP help is going to be coming too-i'm pretty sure of that.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:17 am odorizzi, berrios, bumgarner and gibson in the post-season with another legit BP arm could be enough to get it done in the post-season. under that scenario perez and pineda could potentially be moved into the pen to help out.

thoughts?
Sign me up.

Need some post season cred in the rotation and the pen for that matter.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

MLB rumors: Giants-Twins Madison Bumgarner trade chatter ‘premature’

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-rumors-gia ... 48483.html
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Plus Mad Bum is a lefty. We need a quality lefty in the rotation. Stroman is a righty.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:00 am
weimy froob wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:17 am odorizzi, berrios, bumgarner and gibson in the post-season with another legit BP arm could be enough to get it done in the post-season. under that scenario perez and pineda could potentially be moved into the pen to help out.

thoughts?
Sign me up.

Need some post season cred in the rotation and the pen for that matter.
i guess i'm swayed by the pedigree too. IN!
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:55 am
sh1mmyya wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:49 am
At this point maybe Deacon?
Yikes.
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 am Plus Mad Bum is a lefty. We need a quality lefty in the rotation. Stroman is a righty.
Do you though? I don't care about bolstering the roster to win the division. That's pretty certain at this point. You don't need a left-handed starter vs. the Yankees. Houston's pretty RH heavy too.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:59 pm
Small Hands wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 am Plus Mad Bum is a lefty. We need a quality lefty in the rotation. Stroman is a righty.
Do you though? I don't care about bolstering the roster to win the division. That's pretty certain at this point. You don't need a left-handed starter vs. the Yankees. Houston's pretty RH heavy too.
Yes, we do. Yankees hitters have better numbers vs RHPs.

vs RHP 70 .264 .343 .467 .811
vs LHP 49 .236 .302 .377 .679

Yankees have the third worst avg in the AL vs lefties
Last edited by Small Hands on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

I hate to be the negative nancy but don't we hear this (some big name) every single year? They are always "in" on players. Walters and Doogie are putting out exactly what the Twins told them to put out. But they never beat out the other team's deal.

I would LOVE to be wrong here but I don't think I am. It seems like Twins fans just need any reason to believe that THIS year will be different and they will believe that things will change.

I would love to eat crow on this one (and it's a good source of protein) but I've been fooled several times before.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 am I hate to be the negative nancy but don't we hear this (some big name) every single year? They are always "in" on players. Walters and Doogie are putting out exactly what the Twins told them to put out. But they never beat out the other team's deal.

I would LOVE to be wrong here but I don't think I am. It seems like Twins fans just need any reason to believe that THIS year will be different and they will believe that things will change.

I would love to eat crow on this one (and it's a good source of protein) but I've been fooled several times before.
They haven't been buyers at the deadline for a very very long time, and even when they were, they never threw big names out there. The recent big names were FA's.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'm pretty sure they're going to do something that's going to look very good on paper. whether it pays off or not we'll just have to find out later.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:12 am
Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 am I hate to be the negative nancy but don't we hear this (some big name) every single year? They are always "in" on players. Walters and Doogie are putting out exactly what the Twins told them to put out. But they never beat out the other team's deal.

They haven't been buyers at the deadline for a very very long time, and even when they were, they never threw big names out there. The recent big names were FA's.
So you agree that Bum is another one of those "we were in on him but....." or do think this year will be different?
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

This. They always have "interest" but then drag their feet while a serious team makes a serious deal. Then we settle for garbage.

Part of it I think was the previous regime's cowardice as well as their arrogance. We'll see if this one is different or if it's ownership nixing the "all in" deal.

In '10 we could've got Cliff Lee and we'd probably have at least an AL title banner hanging. We let him go to TX and they went to the WS while we settled for Capps and got swept by the Skanks...again.

Maybe it's different this year. I'll believe it when I see it.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z