Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Twins trade deadline Chat

A place to discuss the MN Twins
full force five

Re: Twins trade deadline Chat

Post by full force five »

When have the Twins ever made a move to add a top end player. It will never happen with the current ownership.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

full force five wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 pm When have the Twins ever made a move to add a top end player. It will never happen with the current ownership.
Don't pretend John Smiley never happened. You know full well his acquisition sent shock waves all the way to the Range.
Ketchup can be nuancy
salamander

Post by salamander »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 am
The Replacements wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:24 am Potential starters that might be available:

- Zack Wheeler fine with it
- Noah Syndergaard would be great
- Madison Bumgarner my choice
- Trevor Bauercouldnt see the Indians trading within the division. I'd rather go after Hand, if they were unloading.
- Andrew Cashner gross
- Marcus Stromanmeh
- Mike MinorI think he will be a Yankee
- Aaron Sanchez nope
- Jeff Samardzijagross
- Tanner Roarkmore gross

Long Shots
- Max Scherzer
- Zack Greinke
I've taken Scherzer out of the equation. Zero chance the Twins pay that salary. Even though it's 100% worth every penny. Thor could be an interesting scenario to look at. The Mets are right around .500. The next 3 weeks will be very interesting out there. If they go in the dumps, I could see them unloading Thor.
Yeah, Jim Pohlad is WAY too cheap to pay that kind of money even though you're getting a bonified elite arm.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

full force five wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:22 pm Set the crack pipe down, seriously. We are not making a trade for Scherzer, Bumgarner, Zack Greinke or Syndergaard. Never will happen. I'm sure they will add a low risk middle or the road closer with one year left and on the cheap. Period. I'm sure some new leak will surface in July saying were after one of them but ultimately those guys will end up NY, Boston etc. Why keep kicking yourself in the balls?
This is sad as fuck and 100% accurate. Jim Pohlad doesn't have the balls. He'll lie to the fanbase with big talk and then snivel to Falvine about how he better not spend big money.

Talk doesn't count anymore for a cheap ass family who's lied as much as the Pohlads have. It's put up or you're still a shitty owner time.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:11 pm
full force five wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:22 pm Set the crack pipe down, seriously. We are not making a trade for Scherzer, Bumgarner, Zack Greinke or Syndergaard. Never will happen. I'm sure they will add a low risk middle or the road closer with one year left and on the cheap. Period. I'm sure some new leak will surface in July saying were after one of them but ultimately those guys will end up NY, Boston etc. Why keep kicking yourself in the balls?
This is sad as fuck and 100% accurate. Jim Pohlad doesn't have the balls. He'll lie to the fanbase with big talk and then snivel to Falvine about how he better not spend big money.

Talk doesn't count anymore for a cheap ass family who's lied as much as the Pohlads have. It's put up or you're still a shitty owner time.
:thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

full force five wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 pm When have the Twins ever made a move to add a top end player. It will never happen with the current ownership.
This.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

This is a new President and GM. They have some money to spend and a deep farm system. I'm anxious to see what they do. Maybe they don't acquire an ace or a top end closer. What if the identify another under valued player and it works out? Let's wait and see.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 pm This is a new President and GM. They have some money to spend and a deep farm system. I'm anxious to see what they do. Maybe they don't acquire an ace or a top end closer. What if the identify another under valued player and it works out? Let's wait and see.
i'm confident that everybody knows that right now they'd be underdogs in a seven game series with the yankees, astros or dodgers. they probably want to see a few more outings from their starters and BP before they make the big decisions-but they need to be thinking that this is an all in year. even if it's an undervalued couple of players-that has to be the mentality.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 pm This is a new President and GM. They have some money to spend and a deep farm system. I'm anxious to see what they do. Maybe they don't acquire an ace or a top end closer. What if the identify another under valued player and it works out? Let's wait and see.
I'm anxious as well but talk means nothing with the track record of lies we've been fed by the Pohlad family.
full force five

You are delusional.
The Replacements

full force five wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 am
You are delusional.
Explain why?
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:24 am Potential starters that might be available:

- Zack Wheeler
- Noah Syndergaard
- Madison Bumgarner
- Trevor Bauer
- Andrew Cashner
- Marcus Stroman
- Mike Minor
- Aaron Sanchez
- Jeff Samardzija
- Tanner Roark

Long Shots
- Max Scherzer
- Zack Greinke
To win in the playoffs, I think you need an Ace and at least 3 really strong starters.

The Twins are a great story but the bats will cool. If they seriously believe they are contenders, I think they need to make a serious play for Bumgarner or Scherzer. Also would need to add a legit closer and another lefty in the pen.

We have always held so tightly to our prospects and I certainly get it but at this point, you gotta go when you can. They are still fairly young.

I would hate to trade some of our top tier prospects but no point in waiting 3 years when it is unknown.

Our outfield is still fairly young and seems to be getting better so I would be open to trading Kirilloff.

Would like to hang on to Graterol just because we rarely get big arms.

Who knows if the Nationals would even seriously consider trading Scherzer but that would turn this team into a VERY serious contender with 3 legit starters.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Agreed. This is NOT the same Twins organization we were used to seeing the past decade plus. In every way possible. This doesn't mean they're going ever going to make a Yankees, Cubs or Red Sox like signing or trade, but I think it's a bit short-sighted to say they're never going to deviate from their extremely cheap ways of the past.
full force five

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 am
You are delusional.
Explain why?
I'm 47. I've watched the Twins my entire life. They will never trade for a stud. I've thought over the years about deadline trades and the only one I can thing of is Shannon Stewart.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

full force five wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 am

You are delusional.
Explain why?
I'm 47. I've watched the Twins my entire life. They will never trade for a stud. I've thought over the years about deadline trades and the only one I can thing of is Shannon Stewart.
There haven't been a lot of them (Don Baylor comes to mind, Gladden was during the offseason, Tapani and Aguilera for Viola I guess) but I don't think we should assume this is the same Twins organization we're used to.
full force five

I do think they will make a few mid-level type moves, just not a Bumgarner type move.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 am

Explain why?
There haven't been a lot of them (Don Baylor comes to mind, Gladden was during the offseason, Tapani and Aguilera for Viola I guess) but I don't think we should assume this is the same Twins organization we're used to.
I really hope you're right. I really do.
The Replacements

You are delusional.
Explain why?
Falvey/Levine have been with the Twins for 2 years and they transformed the organization in every way and now have the best record in their franchise history after 65 games. They spent money wisely in the offseason and are positioned well. Let's see what they do before complaining. They may not trade for the "stud" or ever sign the biggest free agent, but that doesn't mean they won't continue to make good baseball decisions.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 am

Explain why?
Wally Backman
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm

They may not trade for the "stud" or ever sign the biggest free agent
problem is... they are telling us they will
salamander

Post by salamander »

Explain why?
Falvey/Levine have been with the Twins for 2 years and they transformed the organization in every way and now have the best record in their franchise history after 65 games. They spent money wisely in the offseason and are positioned well. Let's see what they do before complaining. They may not trade for the "stud" or ever sign the biggest free agent, but that doesn't mean they won't continue to make good baseball decisions.
The problem is we've been down this road so many times. I say the Pohlads have earned complaining until they prove otherwise. This is based off of their actions. They earned it. I'm done with waiting. I waited for decades. The time is now and they've already proven THIS YEAR that they're still cheap ass owners who are among the worst in all of sports.
The Replacements

Slim Shady wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Who is?
The Replacements

salamander wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 pm

The problem is we've been down this road so many times. I say the Pohlads have earned complaining until they prove otherwise. This is based off of their actions. They earned it. I'm done with waiting. I waited for decades. The time is now and they've already proven THIS YEAR that they're still cheap ass owners who are among the worst in all of sports.
The Pohlad's set the budget and that's always been no better than league average. This has always been the case. Why are you wasting all your time following the Twins when you hate the organization so much.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:06 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 pm

The Pohlad's set the budget and that's always been no better than league average. This has always been the case. Why are you wasting all your time following the Twins when you hate the organization so much.
I love the Twins. The Pohlads are just terrible owners. It would be really cool if we had owners that weren't among the worst in all of sports like Pohlads have been.
full force five

Hate the owners. Love the twins. They can be mutually exclusive. Things are just falling in place, with owners like the Pohlads that needs to happen with a little luck for us to have great seasons like this one.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:03 pm
Slim Shady wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Who is?
http://mnrubecentral.com/mn-rube-chat/
The Replacements

full force five wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:12 pm Hate the owners. Love the twins. They can be mutually exclusive. Things are just falling in place, with owners like the Pohlads that needs to happen with a little luck for us to have great seasons like this one.
Spending so much time and effort to rip owners is a waste of time. The Pohlad's are cheap. Most owners are cheap. I live in Chicago and the Bears, Bulls and White Sox owners suck. I would rather worry about players performances.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 am
full force five wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:12 pm Hate the owners. Love the twins. They can be mutually exclusive. Things are just falling in place, with owners like the Pohlads that needs to happen with a little luck for us to have great seasons like this one.
Spending so much time and effort to rip owners is a waste of time. The Pohlad's are cheap. Most owners are cheap. I live in Chicago and the Bears, Bulls and White Sox owners suck. I would rather worry about players performances.
The Bulls and the White Sox have the same owner and yes, he is cheap. Real cheap.

The McCaskeys have always been cheap but they don't have much business outside of the Bears.

I also live in chicago. Whereabouts are you?
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

minnemike wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am Twins BP getting scarier each day. They will need to add a couple pieces badly.
Yep, it was only a matter of time. The goods news is that relievers are usually easier to obtain in trades. If we can pick up 3 guys - 2 relievers and 1 starter, they should be positioned really well for a run.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

B-Town wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:51 pm
minnemike wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am Twins BP getting scarier each day. They will need to add a couple pieces badly.
Yep, it was only a matter of time. The goods news is that relievers are usually easier to obtain in trades. If we can pick up 3 guys - 2 relievers and 1 starter, they should be positioned really well for a run.
My thoughts exactly