Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Twins trade deadline Chat

A place to discuss the MN Twins
The Replacements

Re: Twins trade deadline Chat

Post by The Replacements »

I'll believe Passan over Nightengale. I always wonder how much of the speculation is click bait.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

If we go for a starter, I think we need to shoot for the stars for Thor or DeGrom...
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Mentioned this earlier but I think the Giants are trying to create a bidding war.

Most of the local guys with ties dont seem to think we are actively going for Bumgarner. Doesnt mean we might not eventually or havent at least asked, but the rumors that we are close on him seem like the Giants are trying to get the Yankees to send more over.

I would love to add Bum to the team but SP is not the greatest concern. Add to the bullpen first and foremost.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

D_B_U wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 am

I would love to add Bum to the team but SP is not the greatest concern.
I'd have to disagree a little bit here. It's not a "great concern" but it's starting to become a "slight worry."

Berrios has been solid or better his past 6 starts
Stank has had two below average starts back to back
Gibson has given up 4+ in 3 of his last 4
Perez has given up 4 or more in his past 5 starts
Pineda has a 5+ ERA

There's starting to get a little worry in the DC household with the rotation. If Odorizzi is starting to regress (like Perez did), I don't think the rotation has deep playoff run material.

I would not be opposed at all adding a SP just as long as it's not in lieu of bullpen help
Rock Me Abbrederis

Mentioned this earlier but I think the Giants are trying to create a bidding war.

Most of the local guys with ties dont seem to think we are actively going for Bumgarner. Doesnt mean we might not eventually or havent at least asked, but the rumors that we are close on him seem like the Giants are trying to get the Yankees to send more over.

I would love to add Bum to the team but SP is not the greatest concern. Add to the bullpen first and foremost.
Passan said we are looking at Will Smith first
Style

Post by Style »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Passan said we are looking at Will Smith first
I hope our big 3 + Larnach and Balazovic stay put.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

DC4MVP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:15 am

I would love to add Bum to the team but SP is not the greatest concern.
I'd have to disagree a little bit here. It's not a "great concern" but it's starting to become a "slight worry."

Berrios has been solid or better his past 6 starts
Stank has had two below average starts back to back
Gibson has given up 4+ in 3 of his last 4
Perez has given up 4 or more in his past 5 starts
Pineda has a 5+ ERA

There's starting to get a little worry in the DC household with the rotation. If Odorizzi is starting to regress (like Perez did), I don't think the rotation has deep playoff run material.

I would not be opposed at all adding a SP just as long as it's not in lieu of bullpen help
they need a high quality starter and the same on the back end. might be able to get by with just one relief pitcher if they get that starter. they can move both pineda and perez to the BP for a playoff series. get the starter and then bring up a 5th starter in september and have the other two make the transition to see if they're any good at it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:37 am If we go for a starter, I think we need to shoot for the stars for Thor or DeGrom...
i like the way you're thinking.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

My thought at this point is this:

If the Twins are going to get a starter it’s going to be an ace and add decent depth to the bullpen.

If there going to keep the rotation they’re going to build hard on the bullpen.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 am
I'll believe Passan over Nightengale. I always wonder how much of the speculation is click bait.
I had ESPN insider for all this speculation stuff (for baseball and football). It was so wrong so much I ended up cancelling it a couple months ago.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
full force five

Post by full force five »

I think we need to give Duffey more of a chance.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:36 pm My thought at this point is this:

If the Twins are going to get a starter it’s going to be an ace and add decent depth to the bullpen.

If there going to keep the rotation they’re going to build hard on the bullpen.
I hope you are right. I fear and think you are wrong.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

MadBum just got pulled after taking a comebacker off his pitching arm.
I don't think this is a Kluber situation, but this could radically alter the trade market.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:07 pm MadBum just got pulled after taking a comebacker off his pitching arm.
I don't think this is a Kluber situation, but this could radically alter the trade market.
Damn... Just damn.
full force five

The guy I want to Twins to land is Ken Giles. It will not costs them much, maybe a nice prospect but this dude overages 97 mph fastball with a good breaking ball. Rodgers in the 8th and Giles in the 9th would be deadly. They also need a 2-3 starter if possible but who knows if that happens.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

full force five wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:39 am The guy I want to Twins to land is Ken Giles. It will not costs them much, maybe a nice prospect but this dude overages 97 mph fastball with a good breaking ball. Rodgers in the 8th and Giles in the 9th would be deadly. They also need a 2-3 starter if possible but who knows if that happens.
He has the second best swinging strike rate after Hader.
I think if you have to have a "closer" though, it's still Rogers.
Rock Me Abbrederis

I would love a starter and two relievers
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:59 am I would love a starter and two relievers
even one and one would be good-but i'm with you.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

So the Cheap Pohlads going to open up the coffers?
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Cardinals pushing hard for Will Smith.
full force five

Ken Giles is the only one I really want to twins to get. A starter would be awesome as well but the Pohlads I'll set my expectations low.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 am Cardinals pushing hard for Will Smith.
I'd like him, but I'm more interested in a righty (Giles or Yates, preferably). I'm on board with bringing back Liriano to be that situational, get one guy out lefty in the pen.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Looks like the Twins have a hard "NO" on teams asking for top three prospects -
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/ ... talks.html

Would any of you trade them for a MadBum or a Stroman/Giles package?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Vendetta11 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am Looks like the Twins have a hard "NO" on teams asking for top three prospects -

Yes but don't worry, they won't.

They should of grabbed Kimbrel or Dallas. Now they will use the excuse that the prices were too high on trades.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Vendetta11 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am Looks like the Twins have a hard "NO" on teams asking for top three prospects -

No to any of those guys to the Giants. You don't give up your top 3 guys for a rental.

I'd consider Graterol to the Jays for both Giles and Stroman if it came down to that. The Jays need pitching prospects way more than hitting. The other guys are strictly off limts, unless deGrom somehow is on the table.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 am

No to any of those guys to the Giants. You don't give up your top 3 guys for a rental.

I'd consider Graterol to the Jays for both Giles and Stroman if it came down to that. The Jays need pitching prospects way more than hitting. The other guys are strictly off limts, unless deGrom somehow is on the table.
Sano-Graterol for DeGrom or Thor. Add some international money in there and maybe some teen-ranked prospects.
Last edited by Tommy_Hawk on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I think they need a reliever and a starter for sure but they should also expect someone within in the organization to heat up. 162 games allows to hot and cold spells an who knows if Romero, Mejia, Hildy or someone else won't find 2 months of magic in the pen.

Unfortunately there isn't a starter in the wings with that potential. Pineida could end up being sneaky good down the stretch. They have been really conservative with his pitch counts.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Any chance we can get Lance Lynn back in a Twins uniform?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 pm Any chance we can get Lance Lynn back in a Twins uniform?
he must have thrown a gem last night-seven innings zero runs- to raise his record for the year to 12-4. smh
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 am
feekdogg wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 am

Sano-Graterol for DeGrom or Thor. Add some international money in there and maybe some teen-ranked prospects.
I like going after one of these two. I don’t know if DeGrom is going anywhere but it sounds like Thor is definitely on the market.

Sano
Graterol
Enlow
Blankenhorn or Alcala?

<>

Thor

I don’t know if the Mets laugh at this or not (probably would hang up on us until we mention Kirilloff). He is having a down year for his standards but we definitely have the run support to give him a boost.