Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

MN Twins Flash Sale: $5/No Ticket Fees - Ends May 9th

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

MN Twins Flash Sale: $5/No Ticket Fees - Ends May 9th

Post by salamander »

So you're just paying $5 and that's it.

I think there's just general admission left. But $5 to get in with no fees? That's unbeatable.

EDIT: forgot the link

https://www.mlb.com/twins/tickets/flash-sale
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: MN Twins Flash Sale: $5/No Ticket Fees - Ends May 9th

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:40 am So you're just paying $5 and that's it.

I think there's just general admission left. But $5 to get in with no fees? That's unbeatable.

This probably coincides with the piece that the Tribune put out about attendance #'s.

The problem for many isn't the ticket prices to the game it's everything that goes with it.

I am lucky enough to be able to afford a trip to a game but it's gets to the point of why even go?

This isn't just the Twins but all of the pro sports teams in town. They rape you to park the car, have a pop, drink beers, eat etc...

It's really like spitting in the fans faces. It's not enough that you ask the public to build stadiums for billionaires but then you have to make sure and sap every last dollar out of us when we get there. I admire Arthur Blanke for giving the fans something back in ATL when his stadium got built.

I can't even imagine taking a family to a game.

There is something wrong when the cheapest part is the ticket to the game.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:19 am
salamander wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:40 am So you're just paying $5 and that's it.

This probably coincides with the piece that the Tribune put out about attendance #'s.

The problem for many isn't the ticket prices to the game it's everything that goes with it.

I am lucky enough to be able to afford a trip to a game but it's gets to the point of why even go?

This isn't just the Twins but all of the pro sports teams in town. They rape you to park the car, have a pop, drink beers, eat etc...

It's really like spitting in the fans faces. It's not enough that you ask the public to build stadiums for billionaires but then you have to make sure and sap every last dollar out of us when we get there. I admire Arthur Blanke for giving the fans something back in ATL when his stadium got built.

Not to defend the Pohlads, because they certainly don't deserve it, but price gouging takes place pretty much everywhere you go that's got you over a barrel once you go through the gates. The State Fair, ValleyFair, the MN Zoo, movie theaters, even small pumpkin patches. The Zoo charges you for parking and they're in an outer ring suburb with ample parking spaces. I'll give the Twins credit that they let you bring in bottle of water and outside food if you want. The problem is that the kids have no interest in eating an apple that you brought from home when they see kids around them are eating giant pretzels and sundaes in helmet cups.
Last edited by feekdogg on Thu May 09, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:52 am

Not to defend the Pohlads, because they certainly don't deserve it, but price gouging takes place pretty much everywhere you go that's got you over a barrel once you go through the gates. The State Fair, ValleyFair, the MN Zoo, movie theaters, even small pumpkin patches. The Zoo charges you for parking and they're in an outer ring suburb with ample parking spaces. I'll give the Twins credit that they let you bring in bottle of water and outside food if you want. The problem is that the kids have no interest in eating an apple that you brought from home when they see kids around them eating giant pretzels and sundaes in helmet cups.
Right and i did state this above saying all pro teams. I don't attend Zoos etc. So I didn't think of that.

The problem for me, Feek... I like to rip down beers at the game. It's just me bitching.

If you asked me to go to the biggest sporting event ever and told me i can't drink, I would rather sit at home and bust out the 24 pack and watch it. :beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Reminiscent of the $3 student nights at the dome that also coincided with Dollar Dog Dome night.

Good move. Some of those people who come for $5 now will come for $15 or more later in the season, where they likely wouldn't have.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:56 am

Not to defend the Pohlads, because they certainly don't deserve it, but price gouging takes place pretty much everywhere you go that's got you over a barrel once you go through the gates. The State Fair, ValleyFair, the MN Zoo, movie theaters, even small pumpkin patches. The Zoo charges you for parking and they're in an outer ring suburb with ample parking spaces. I'll give the Twins credit that they let you bring in bottle of water and outside food if you want. The problem is that the kids have no interest in eating an apple that you brought from home when they see kids around them eating giant pretzels and sundaes in helmet cups.
Right and i did state this above saying all pro teams. I don't attend Zoos etc. So I didn't think of that.

The problem for me, Feek... I like to rip down beers at the game. It's just me bitching.

If you asked me to go to the biggest sporting event ever and told me i can't drink, I would rather sit at home and bust out the 24 pack and watch it. :beer:
Yeah, beers/booze is a whole different level. I'm surprised teams even allow tailgating anymore. The quicker they get you in the doors, the quicker you're forking over 9 bucks for a beer.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Completely agree. My ma is a huge ball fan so I'm taking her this weekend for ma's day (and spending to get better tickets than these $5 ones). I told her and my brothers who are way younger than me I'd pay for the whole trip.

That's 4 people. I'm looking at over $100 for food and drinks and what not. Not even including the over $100 for tickets for the 4 of us. That's multiple 100's of dollars for 1 game. How are they going to get inner city youth to games on that price tag? They're not.

And this is cheap compared the shit that's going on over at US Bank Stadium.

I give the Pohlads a lot of credit for this $5 night. I just found out about this.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

feekdogg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:23 am Yeah, beers/booze is a whole different level. I'm surprised teams even allow tailgating anymore. The quicker they get you in the doors, the quicker you're forking over 9 bucks for a beer.
9 bucks for the shit beer. $11 to $12 for a good tasting beer. Now, I'm not a hater when it comes to the shit beer so I pay the $9 but some of my homies are of the snob variety. They refuse to go to games because of the price. These are people used to paying $6-$7 bucks for a beer at some brewery.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Not to defend the Pohlads, because they certainly don't deserve it, but price gouging takes place pretty much everywhere you go that's got you over a barrel once you go through the gates. The State Fair, ValleyFair, the MN Zoo, movie theaters, even small pumpkin patches. The Zoo charges you for parking and they're in an outer ring suburb with ample parking spaces. I'll give the Twins credit that they let you bring in bottle of water and outside food if you want. The problem is that the kids have no interest in eating an apple that you brought from home when they see kids around them are eating giant pretzels and sundaes in helmet cups.
i just was at the AV zoo last week. free parking.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

weimy froob wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Parking is free for zoo members. Anyone else is supposed to pay for it.

Parking Cars: $7.00, Buses: $10.00 and Motor coaches: $15.00

https://mnzoo.org/plan-your-visit/
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:48 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Parking is free for zoo members. Anyone else is supposed to pay for it.

Parking Cars: $7.00, Buses: $10.00 and Motor coaches: $15.00

https://mnzoo.org/plan-your-visit/
i might have got away with it-i just parked and went in. did become a member though-so i'm good going forward.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

they must ask for parking money when you buy the ticket. i was planning on becoming a member from the start-so they never asked me about that.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Royals are getting desperate.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:07 pm Royals are getting desperate.
Lol. There are a LOT of empty ballparks. There are a handful of teams pulling in nice crowds.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

I can envision the TUBE havin a great time in the nosebleeds if he can sneak a fifth of Captain through the gates.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 pm I can envision the TUBE havin a great time in the nosebleeds if he can sneak a fifth of Captain through the gates.
:thumbsup: :beer:

One of the last Twins games I was at, we got so wrecked. It was Twins Brewers at the dome. Just looked it up and it was exactly 12 year's ago today. :shock:

We got really loaded and drove a broke down car to the game, smoked doobs outside of the dome while walking in.

The Twins got obliterated 11-3 and the ass kicking started early. I remember looking at my buddy and saying fuck it, time to drink more. We didn't pay attention to the game at that point and many people had left. We moved all around the upper decks and we were absolutely obnoxious. Two guy's in Brewers gear got a kick out of us and said they wished we sat by them every game haha.

I'm not proud to say how drunk I was that night and drove. We drank beers all the way back in the car while I was driving and we ended up out in WI at a bar. We had a buddies house up the block we stayed at and I went there about 1 am and they came about a hour later. Buddy drove his car only a block and got hit with a DUI that night.

Not to mention my car leaked coolant and it was 92 degrees that day. We would have to pull over every 20 mins or so and pour new coolant in while the old exploded like hot lava lol.

How I made it home that night without getting pinched is crazy.

The good old days. :thumbsup:

Edit: That's hardly a memorable story in that era for me with all the crazy shit that went on. It was normal to me at that point.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 am
Miley Cyrus wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 pm I can envision the TUBE havin a great time in the nosebleeds if he can sneak a fifth of Captain through the gates.

One of the last Twins games I was at, we got so wrecked. It was Twins Brewers at the dome. Just looked it up and it was exactly 12 year's ago today. :shock:

We got really loaded and drove a broke down car to the game, smoked doobs outside of the dome while walking in.

The Twins got obliterated 11-3 and the ass kicking started early. I remember looking at my buddy and saying fuck it, time to drink more. We didn't pay attention to the game at that point and many people had left. We moved all around the upper decks and we were absolutely obnoxious. Two guy's in Brewers gear got a kick out of us and said they wished we sat by them every game haha.

I'm not proud to say how drunk I was that night and drove. We drank beers all the way back in the car while I was driving and we ended up out in WI at a bar. We had a buddies house up the block we stayed at and I went there about 1 am and they came about a hour later. Buddy drove his car only a block and got hit with a DUI that night.

Not to mention my car leaked coolant and it was 92 degrees that day. We would have to pull over every 20 mins or so and pour new coolant in while the old exploded like hot lava lol.

Edit: That's hardly a memorable story in that era for me with all the crazy shit that went on. It was normal to me at that point.
I probably can't top that story, but I still reminisce about the Dome days when I could house a couple of Foster's oil cans outside the gates.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 am

I probably can't top that story, but I still reminisce about the Dome days when I could house a couple of Foster's oil cans outside the gates.
The dome kicked ass.

Thanks for reminding me of the good times. Cheers bud! :beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master