Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jorge Polanco

A place to discuss the MN Twins
beetlebum71

Jorge Polanco

Post by beetlebum71 »

This guy has been the best player on the team so far this year. Back at the end of July in 2017, Jorge was hitting .213 and the Twins were contemplating DFAing him and risking another team claiming him off waivers because they needed the roster spot for someone who could play. Instead, they chose to bench him for a week. After that, he had an OPS over .900 the rest of the year, hit well after his suspension last season, and has come out like gangbusters this year.

It's crazy how this deal has gone from him almost being cut to being one of the 3 or 4 most important players on the team in like 20 months. This just goes to show how important it is to have patience with young ballplayers.
flexbuffchest

Re: Jorge Polanco

Post by flexbuffchest »

On a slightly related note, another young player (Buxton) is looking pretty good so far.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 pm On a slightly related note, another young player (Buxton) is looking pretty good so far.
I'm trying not to talk about it. I'm scared.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I’m with him for rest of the year........and beyond :yes:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I like Polanco as a hitter. I'd take him at the plate before anyone not named Nelly Cruz in critical situations. (Both k'ed with the sacks loaded yesterday.)
He doesn't seem to have much range at short but he showed off the arm again yesterday.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Style

Post by Style »

My buddy and I were texting about him during the first series of the season. He's quickly developed into one of the most trusted players. He just seems to do his job at all times. Guys like him are extremely valuable. I like the idea of him at 2B once Royce arrives.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Remember when froobs wanted plouffe over him
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now