Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

who goes when Sano returns ?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Leon

who goes when Sano returns ?

Post by Leon »

i have to think it is Andrianza - although the way Garver is hitting and with Austidillo capable of being the backup catcher - it would make sense to dump Castro. Castro is a weak hitter and his only strength seems to be defensively. i think the Twins lineup can allow them to keep Castro when he plays, but it means Gonzalez becomes the utility player.
beetlebum71

Re: who goes when Sano returns ?

Post by beetlebum71 »

Leon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:02 pm i have to think it is Andrianza - although the way Garver is hitting and with Austidillo capable of being the backup catcher - it would make sense to dump Castro. Castro is a weak hitter and his only strength seems to be defensively. i think the Twins lineup can allow them to keep Castro when he plays, but it means Gonzalez becomes the utility player.
We've had at least one thread on this already. Its important to note that it sounds like Miguel might still be al ml most a month away from a return, and as Lavelle likes to say, these things tend to take care of themselves. Plenty if time for someone to hit the tank or get hurt.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

I’d love to see sano traded
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

beetlebum71 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm
Leon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:02 pm i have to think it is Andrianza - although the way Garver is hitting and with Austidillo capable of being the backup catcher - it would make sense to dump Castro. Castro is a weak hitter and his only strength seems to be defensively. i think the Twins lineup can allow them to keep Castro when he plays, but it means Gonzalez becomes the utility player.
We've had at least one thread on this already. Its important to note that it sounds like Miguel might still be al ml most a month away from a return, and as Lavelle likes to say, these things tend to take care of themselves. Plenty if time for someone to hit the tank or get hurt.
Tell that to Tyler Austin, smart guy. These are real lives you know.
Ketchup can be nuancy
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:08 pm
Tell that to Tyler Austin, smart guy. These are real lives you know.
Fuck Tyler Austin.
Leon

Post by Leon »

my sincere apologies for making you read a thread already posted - - oh wait, i didn't
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Leon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:49 pm
my sincere apologies for making you read a thread already posted - - oh wait, i didn't
Aren't we a sensitive little guy?
Leon

Post by Leon »

beetlebum71 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:37 pm

nah ... i'm just messing with ya

i don't often go past the 1st page looking for earlier threads -- i'll probably do that before starting a new one cuz there is one identical to mine ..

but i would DFA Castro tomorrow and not look back
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Leon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:27 pm

i don't often go past the 1st page looking for earlier threads -- i'll probably do that before starting a new one cuz there is one identical to mine ..

The guy missed a whole year and was a pretty solid player the year before. I'll give him some time to knock the rust off. If nothing else, having a backup C who hits lefty has some value.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Castro is their best defensive catcher and pitchers love throwing to him. Bad take.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Castro is their best defensive catcher and pitchers love throwing to him. Bad take.
I guess that one pitch a game he frames is worth basically having the Twins lose one spot while batting?