Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

When will the year be for the Pohlad's to go "all in"?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

Re: When will the year be for the Pohlad's to go "all in"?

Post by salamander »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:34 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:54 pm And why do you ignore most posts that aren't related to this issue and only attack the posts that are related to this issue.

That's what a troll would do.
Huh?
Are you aware of my history on Twins chat?

I'll discuss any subject...

(A couple of years ago, when the "casual" bit disappeared....I wound up starting almost 2/3s of the GDTs)

People might not "like" me......but nobody will question my passion for this team....(50+ years of it in my life...)

Troll?
Attack me instead of acknowledging you are wrong.....
who does that?
One could say all you did was attack me instead of acknowledge that you're wrong.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:05 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:32 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:47 pm

What's going "all in"?

A team that is obviously in a rebuilding situation...(very young and unproven)
That is a time to suddenly say "go for it"?
Were they supposed to have bumped their payroll $200M and told the young players enjoy their time back in Rochester? (The few that have options remaining, the rest are DFA'd)

There is no logic to your argument.
I already answered that question.

When should the team go all in? Why do you not want to answer that? I have yet to see this team go all in and I've been watching for decades (plural).

The only one here who has no logic is you. I'm done waiting. The time is now. The time will always be now for me until they do it which I have never seen because the pohlads have been the worst owners in all of sports. Your little scenario is ridiculous and not what I'm even talking about.

It almost seems like you're angry because I think the pohlads should go all in some time before the next century.
He's right. Now is not the time to go all in.
I understand that. The problem is, thats the exact answer I've heard for decades.

Now it's time for the pohlads to stop being liars and promise breakers.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 pm They don't ever go for it. You go back to 2010 when they had two MVPs on their team, and their big moves were Thome and JJ Hardy

Coming off a 96 win season in 2002, their big move was David Lamb

in 2006 they had the best rotation the Twins have possibly ever had, and did literally nothing to help that roster out for the playoffs.

Those are three examples in recent history of when the Twins could have made some big splashes, and just sat on their hands.
This
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:24 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 pm They don't ever go for it. You go back to 2010 when they had two MVPs on their team, and their big moves were Thome and JJ Hardy

in 2006 they had the best rotation the Twins have possibly ever had, and did literally nothing to help that roster out for the playoffs.

Those are three examples in recent history of when the Twins could have made some big splashes, and just sat on their hands.
This. One nice move could of pushed these teams over the top. Pohlad don't care about winning though.

As long as they hit that 2 million attendance record. That's the goal every year.
This
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

salamander wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:53 pm

This
Maybe Falvey/Levine were given assurances about payroll increases before they took the job. They are in a good flexible situation now and at the trade deadline. I assume if they are in first place or near first place at the deadline, they will be aggressive.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:20 am

This
Maybe Falvey/Levine were given assurances about payroll increases before they took the job. They are in a good flexible situation now and at the trade deadline. I assume if they are in first place or near first place at the deadline, they will be aggressive.
I really hope the bats stay hot for half a year then. When they go cold, Gibby, Odorizzi, and Perez will become a serious problem. I think you have to make a move sooner then the deadline. End of May at the latest. Think big... Mad Bum or Thor would make sense. Both could be moved. You land one of those guys, and I think we are cooking with gas.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:20 am

This
I do not assume that because that has never been the case. I'm dont listening to anything that we will in "the future". When in the future? 2093? I'll be dead by then.

If the Pohlads had shown me that this very reasonable position you're laying out was an option at any point in that past we wouldn't be having this conversation.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

salamander wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:52 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:32 pm

I already answered that question.

When should the team go all in? Why do you not want to answer that? I have yet to see this team go all in and I've been watching for decades (plural).

The only one here who has no logic is you. I'm done waiting. The time is now. The time will always be now for me until they do it which I have never seen because the pohlads have been the worst owners in all of sports. Your little scenario is ridiculous and not what I'm even talking about.

It almost seems like you're angry because I think the pohlads should go all in some time before the next century.
I understand that. The problem is, thats the exact answer I've heard for decades.

There have been zero people who are actually aware of the inner workings of this team that have said anything except Jim is totally willing to spend money on the team..
It's only people, like you, who make assumptions that think otherwise.

Find one article that says Jim Pohlad doesn't want to spend on players.....(from an actual person in the organization)

I can give you many where people say the exact opposite.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:36 pm

There have been zero people who are actually aware of the inner workings of this team that have said anything except Jim is totally willing to spend money on the team..

Find one article that says Jim Pohlad doesn't want to spend on players.....(from an actual person in the organization)

C'mon Jack! Why would anyone "inside the org" rip the guy's signing their checks.

That's like Zygi saying his brother Mark is a real swell guy.

They have 6.8 million dollars spent on their whole bullpen as DC4 pointed out. It's ridiculous.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:39 pm

C'mon Jack! Why would anyone "inside the org" rip the guy's signing their checks.

They have 6.8 million dollars spent on their whole bullpen as DC4 pointed out. It's ridiculous.

The organization has turned over.....nobody that has left has said anything....
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Who asks? Sadly, most don't even care at this point. Levelle Neal teh turd?!?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:44 pm

If you were let go.....and it was because you were "hamstrung" by the owner on being cheap.....that wouldn't come out?

These are "Money Ball", pocket protector guys in charge now....(which in theory all of the people whining wanted)
they think they can do it on guys that aren't the "stars".

Do you want old school people in charge, or analytics guys?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:50 pm

If you were let go.....and it was because you were "hamstrung" by the owner on being cheap.....that wouldn't come out?

These are "Money Ball", pocket protector guys in charge now....(which in theory all of the people whining wanted)

They have to have "Money ball" guy's. They could have Brian Cashman. The Pohlads are never signing "Star player's"

Everyone they ever hire is some in house guy that gets another job within the organization after they fire them. Guy's like Bill Smith, Terry Ryan etc.

We will see if these new guy's come out and say anything once they are fired.

No one really needs to come out and say anything. It's common knowledge that this team is cheap. It's been pretty much their whole existence.

It's not some revelation to hear the Pohlads are cheap. I'm sure it's quite known around the league when these guy's take jobs.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:57 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:50 pm

They have to have "Money ball" guy's. They could have Brian Cashman. The Pohlads are never signing "Star player's"

Everyone they ever hire is some in house guy that gets another job within the organization after they fire them. Guy's like Bill Smith, Terry Ryan etc.

We will see if these new guy's come out and say anything once they are fired.

No one really needs to come out and say anything. It's common knowledge that this team is cheap. It's been pretty much their whole existence.

It's not some revelation to hear the Pohlads are cheap. I'm sure it's quite known around the league when these guy's take jobs.
Who is in house right now?
salamander

Post by salamander »

All these people keep saying and I have yet to see it. I don't need to find articles, I just look at the salary cap year after year.
Decade after decade.

I dare Jim Pohlad to prove me wrong and be the #1 spending team in the league.
Last edited by salamander on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salamander

Post by salamander »

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:50 pm Do you want old school people in charge, or analytics guys?
I'll take analytics guys who are also willing to go all in and spend spend spend baby!
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:56 pm

All these people keep saying and I have yet to see it. I don't need to find articles, I just look at the salary cap year after year.
Decade after decade.

I dare Jim Pohlad to prove me wrong and be the #1 spending team in the league.

Is there a reason he should agree to losing maybe $150M to make you happy?
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

salamander wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:50 pm Do you want old school people in charge, or analytics guys?
I'll take analytics guys who are also willing to go all in and spend spend spend baby!
Analytic guys don't believe they need to do that.