Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fire Rocco!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

Re: Fire Rocco!

Post by salamander »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 am
beetlebum71 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am
A Kickass Offense wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:33 pm I've seen enough and I'm dead serious.

3rd win he's already cost the team tonight including the 2nd in a row against a piss poor Toronto team.

He doesn't know shit about fuck.
How did Rocco lose them last night's game?
he isn't pushing the right buttons with his BP selections. he brings in duffy and maybe they get out of that inning without giving up runs. it's hindsight and that's 20-20, but what he did didn't work.
Too be fair, there is only one right button to press for that BP and you can't use him every night.
That's not Rocco's fault. (Especially when help is a phone call away but that's too expensive for Jim Pohlad.)
Last edited by salamander on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

beetlebum71 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:00 am

he isn't pushing the right buttons with his BP selections. he brings in duffy and maybe they get out of that inning without giving up runs. it's hindsight and that's 20-20, but what he did didn't work.
Isn't that the pitcher's job? Get outs when you're asked to. Duffey was in Rochester on Monday, and now you're saying that he should have been brought in during a high leverage spot over sticking with May, who was absolutely lights out last year?

This is why I have trouble talking baseball with people. Just because something didnt work doesn't make it a bad decision. Trevor May has way more MLB pedigree that Tyler Duffey. Sometimes guys give up runs. A new manager like Rocco has to get a feel for his personnel. Who can do what? What is this guy's best role? That all takes time. Even the best teams lose 60 games. Theres really no use in trying to make grand conclusions based on a random Tuesday night in April.
i'm saying he didn't push the right buttons. if you don't understand that-that's on you. believe me this forum called molitor out on every decision that didn't go the way he wanted it to. rocco's not going to get a pass from me when his decisions go bad.
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:33 pm I've seen enough and I'm dead serious.

3rd win he's already cost the team tonight including the 2nd in a row against a piss poor Toronto team.

Considering Gibson was your starting pitcher that limp dick lineup he put out there was exceptionally stupid. Cruz who has played about twice in the last 11 days, Cron who had homered in back to back games, a Schoop a guy capable of belting 30+ homers from a MI position where stapled to the bench.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am

Considering Gibson was your starting pitcher that limp dick lineup he put out there was exceptionally stupid. Cruz who has played about twice in the last 11 days, Cron who had homered in back to back games, a Schoop a guy capable of belting 30+ homers from a MI position where stapled to the bench.
I think something is wrong with Cruz. Just my opinion. As for the rest, part of the issue is that with all these off days, the bench players are greatly affected. Those guys need live ABs to stay sharp. They found a way to have Astudillo and Gonzalez in the lineup, and Gonzo hit a big bomb in the 9th. Maybe that gets him on track. Also, I believe Gibson had the best ERA on the team last year and had a shutout until the 6th, right?
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Isn't that the pitcher's job? Get outs when you're asked to. Duffey was in Rochester on Monday, and now you're saying that he should have been brought in during a high leverage spot over sticking with May, who was absolutely lights out last year?

This is why I have trouble talking baseball with people. Just because something didnt work doesn't make it a bad decision. Trevor May has way more MLB pedigree that Tyler Duffey. Sometimes guys give up runs. A new manager like Rocco has to get a feel for his personnel. Who can do what? What is this guy's best role? That all takes time. Even the best teams lose 60 games. Theres really no use in trying to make grand conclusions based on a random Tuesday night in April.
You're making too much sense to be on Twins Chat.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 pm

You're making too much sense to be on Twins Chat.
:lol: :mrgreen:

we get to micro-analyze everything here on twinschat. i don't think it's not too early to hold rocco's feet to the fire for decisions he's made so far. :lol:

that's what twinschat is for. :mrgreen:
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

May is too talented to implode this year. He’ll figure it out.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

early verdict?

molitor > rocco

two to three more W's already if the HOFer was pushing the buttons.
The Replacements

weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:47 pm early verdict?

molitor > rocco

Molitor .471 winning %

Rocco .563 winning %
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:49 pm

molitor > rocco

Molitor .471 winning %

Rocco .563 winning %
when did molitor ever have an everyday lineup as good as rocco's got? i'll hang up and listen.
The Replacements

weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 pm

molitor > rocco

Molitor .471 winning %

Rocco .563 winning %
when did molitor ever have an everyday lineup as good as rocco's got? i'll hang up and listen.
It's been 16 games. This topic is for whiny little .........
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Molitor .471 winning %

Rocco .563 winning %
It's been 16 games. This topic is for whiny little .........
that's why i put in early verdict. i still think rocco can grow into the job and be a good manager. but so far i'd have to say he looks pretty green.
The Replacements

13-7 Fire him now. Should be 15-5 or 16-4 ;)
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

fire him now? i've got him in the lead for manager of the year. :coolio:
The Replacements

weimy froob wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:02 am fire him now? i've got him in the lead for manager of the year. :coolio:
They should have won by more than 4 runs last night. Molitor would have done better. :scooter:
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Clearly the point of this thread was tongue in cheek to begin with, but we're seeing why you cant live game by game with baseball like you can with football. The Twins didn't lose games because Rocco used the wrong pitcher. They lost games because the pitcher Rocco used didnt pitch good enough. They could use another upgrade or two in the middle of the bullpen, but all in all, this team looks set up to win now, and Rocco looks like he knows how to get the most out of his guys.
The Replacements

beetlebum71 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 am Clearly the point of this thread was tongue in cheek to begin with, but we're seeing why you cant live game by game with baseball like you can with football. The Twins didn't lose games because Rocco used the wrong pitcher. They lost games because the pitcher Rocco used didnt pitch good enough. They could use another upgrade or two in the middle of the bullpen, but all in all, this team looks set up to win now, and Rocco looks like he knows how to get the most out of his guys.
Please remove all logic from posts on this topic.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:55 am this will be the go-to thread for all things negative for mr. baldelli. he already cost the team a game yesterday with his youth and inexperience.

:mrgreen:
with the rumblings going on this thread needs to be brought back up to page one.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

molitor > rocco

i stand by my early verdict.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

0-6 in the playoffs, sits in a coma most of the time, doesn't seem to push the right buttons ever really. I don't have a valid reason to keep him at this point.
Let's get Tropical
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Molitor would have done better with this lineup for sure. I certainly don't think he would have taken out starters that early in need to win games based on pitch count nor frickin let Romo out on the field. Still mad about that...
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:07 am 0-6 in the playoffs, sits in a coma most of the time, doesn't seem to push the right buttons ever really. I don't have a valid reason to keep him at this point.
Hey! He's only 0-5 in the playoffs. Give the man some damn credit.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:34 am
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:07 am 0-6 in the playoffs, sits in a coma most of the time, doesn't seem to push the right buttons ever really. I don't have a valid reason to keep him at this point.
Hey! He's only 0-5 in the playoffs. Give the man some damn credit.
Sorry Rocco, didn't mean to call you a bigger loser than was valid.
Let's get Tropical
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

you can't fire the players. bottom line: rocco didn't push the right buttons today. thread should stay on the front page until further notice anyways.
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:39 pm you can't fire the players. bottom line: rocco didn't push the right buttons today. thread should stay on the front page until further notice anyways.
Rocco hasn't pushed the right buttons since before the playoffs in his rookie managing season.

He should have been dismissed at the conclusion of last season.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Not related to the premise of this thread, but it looks like The Replacements hasn't posted since last April. Hope he's posting as a bit now and the Covid didn't get him.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

He pulls Berrios, who gave up 0 hits after 84 pitches.
Rocco thinks everyone is as big of a pussy as he is.
Ketchup can be nuancy
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

All three starters were pulled after 80-89 pitches. It's the first three games. I think he'll let them go as the season goes along....obviously as the situation dictates.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

first time in rocco's managerial career that he's sub .500.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Ask Not wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:18 am He pulls Berrios, who gave up 0 hits after 84 pitches.
Rocco thinks everyone is as big of a pussy as he is.
Right, the bullpen is not our strength. Wtf is he doing? He loses games with his decisions, that's not easy to do...but he finds ways.