Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Pohlads are the worst owners in all of sports.

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

The Pohlads are the worst owners in all of sports.

Post by salamander »

That fact that people think this was a good offseason and are protecting their cheap ass pockets saddens me.

THE POHLADS ARE THE WORST OWNERS IN ALL OF SPORTS. THEY'RE LIARS. THEY'RE PROMISE BREAKERS.
I HOPE THEY START LOSING MONEY AND HAVE TO SELL THE TEAM BECAUSE THEN I'D GO TO THE STADIUM.

This offseason is good because now they're below average in spending??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SAD.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Re: The Pohlads are the worst owners in all of sports.

Post by jffl_commish »

Glen Taylor says hold my beer.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:08 pm That fact that people think this was a good offseason and are protecting their cheap ass pockets saddens me.

THE POHLADS ARE THE WORST OWNERS IN ALL OF SPORTS. THEY'RE LIARS. THEY'RE PROMISE BREAKERS.
I HOPE THEY START LOSING MONEY AND HAVE TO SELL THE TEAM BECAUSE THEN I'D GO TO THE STADIUM.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SAD.

Don't worry, this happens every spring. Go look at last year's threads around this time. Same pocket protectors telling us "Good moves" and picking this team will be good.

By June there hopes with be crushed and it will be another year of Twins baseball that nobody will be paying any attention to.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

They aren't even the worst sports owners on the same block.

It's a 2 minute walk to Target Center.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:55 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:08 pm That fact that people think this was a good offseason and are protecting their cheap ass pockets saddens me.

SAD.

Don't worry, this happens every spring. Go look at last year's threads around this time. Same pocket protectors telling us "Good moves" and picking this team will be good.

By June there hopes with be crushed and it will be another year of Twins baseball that nobody will be paying any attention to.
I'm no pocket protector. I'm as hard on this team as anyone, when it's necessary. The lack of attention to pitching this offseason is embarrassing. But it's not out of question to think that the Twins can contend in a terrible division.

Neither of you have given any reason at all why the Twins will suck or have contributed a baseball thought.

For you two to come in and troll just over a week before opening day is just being dickheads for the sake of being dickheads.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 pm

SAD.

I'm no pocket protector. I'm as hard on this team as anyone, when it's necessary. The lack of attention to pitching this offseason is embarrassing. But it's not out of question to think that the Twins can contend in a terrible division.

Neither of you have given any reason at all why the Twins will suck or have contributed a baseball thought.

For you two to come in and troll just over a week before opening day is just being dickheads for the sake of being dickheads.
Come on. I never just be a "Dick" to be one.

I don't believe this team has any chance at contending for the division. The Indians will win it and it won't be all that close when it's said and done.

A lot like last year.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Clark will post in this thread.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

offensively i like what they did, i wish they would've gone after a solid Sp.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:19 pm

SAD.

I have given plenty of reasons. I'm not being a dickhead for the sake of being a dickhead. I'm pissed off that the Pohlads are such shitty owners even after they got their publicly funded stadium that has garnered them billions of dollars.

I'm officially off the Rocko train after listening to him tout the same chickenshit lines we've heard FOR DECADES. I'm done with this team and will state my dis-satisfaction with this team until they keep their promises from DECADES AGO.

THE POHLADS ARE SHIT OWNERS. Period. There is no argument against this.
Last edited by salamander on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:53 pm They aren't even the worst sports owners on the same block.

I'd take an owner who is trying to win but not very good over an owner that lies to their fans and doesn't even bother trying to win and handcuffs it's own team financially. The Pohlads are equivalent to Red McCombs.

Glenn is head and shoulders better than the Pohlads and it ain't even close.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:53 pm They aren't even the worst sports owners on the same block.

:lol:
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

salamander wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:43 pm

I'd take an owner who is trying to win but not very good over an owner that lies to their fans and doesn't even bother trying to win and handcuffs it's own team financially. The Pohlads are equivalent to Red McCombs.

Not very good? The Wolves have 2 playoff series wins in their 30 year history and they happened 15 years ago. Even the worthless Clippers haven't reached that ineptitude.

Cheating the salary cap for a worthless hack like Joe Smith?

No contract that the Twins have ever or will ever give out will be as bad as Andrew Wiggins' is.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Not very good? The Wolves have 2 playoff series wins in their 30 year history and they happened 15 years ago. Even the worthless Clippers haven't reached that ineptitude.

No contract that the Twins have ever or will ever give out will be as bad as Andrew Wiggins' is.
At least Glenn is willing to put his money on the line to win. That's a superior owner to anything the Pohlads have offered up.

Ineptitude (Taylor) > Not willing to even try (Pohlads)
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

salamander wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 pm

At least Glenn is willing to put his money on the line to win. That's a superior owner to anything the Pohlads have offered up.

We're never going to agree on this. I hate all the Pohlads, including the spoiled, douchey grandkids and step-grandkids of Carl. (And I do like Taylor and his wife personally.) But they have put money into the product, maybe not what they should, but it's not like the team has a 17 million dollar payroll like the 2013 Astros did.

If you want the biggest thieves in this market, it's the Wilfs. The Vikings got more than double in tax money what the Twins did for their stadium for 10 games a year. There is no way that the dump area of SE downtown has been helped nearly as much as Target Field has for it's part of town for 81 games. I say that as someone who is at almost every single game for both teams.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:43 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 pm

We're never going to agree on this. I hate all the Pohlads, including the spoiled, douchey grandkids and step-grandkids of Carl. (And I do like Taylor and his wife personally.) But they have put money into the product, maybe not what they should, but it's not like the team has a 17 million dollar payroll like the 2013 Astros did.

If you want the biggest thieves in this market, it's the Wilfs. The Vikings got more than double in tax money what the Twins did for their stadium for 10 games a year. There is no way that the dump area of SE downtown has been helped nearly as much as Target Field has for it's part of town for 81 games. I say that as someone who is at almost every single game for both teams.
I know I'm being over the top. I do. I'm just so sick of listening to the same lines from the underlings of these owners. It's been decades and I generally agree that you only spend when you're reaching a point where you can make a run. Problem is, the Pohlads don't spend then either. They NEVER spend and have proven they will dump home grown talent to be basement dwellers in salary at prime times to win. I'm done with that and I'm done with that right now.

We're not going to disagree on the Wilfs. You're 100% right about them.