Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jose Berrios SZN

A place to discuss the MN Twins
64DegreeWedge

Jose Berrios SZN

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Expecting BIG things from him this season.

Even though ZiPS sees him continuing to pitch at about the same level he did the last 2 years.

I think his curveball is going to be on point this season and should help him a lot. A legit 3rd pitch would really help him.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
bubu dubu.

Re: Jose Berrios SZN

Post by bubu dubu. »

Would be a big help if the BP steps up this year. I think Falvine want to get the team to the trend of having starters go 4-6 innings, then shutting things down with the BP.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

He turned down an extension because he wanted similar money to Aaron Nola. He will need to take a big step forward to be in Nola's class.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

anyone Have velocity/movements for spring ball? My site doesn’t have it.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 am He turned down an extension because he wanted similar money to Aaron Nola. He will need to take a big step forward to be in Nola's class.
His curveball is going to be the key
The Replacements

64DegreeWedge wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:23 pm
The Replacements wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 am He turned down an extension because he wanted similar money to Aaron Nola. He will need to take a big step forward to be in Nola's class.
His curveball is going to be the key
It will be interesting to see what the effect of the new pitching coach and analytics have on him.
Straight Edge Raven

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Dalton Del Don of Yahoo Sports predicts a Cy Young year out of Berrios and a 2nd place Wild Card entry into the Playoffs.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy-baseba ... 01362.html
Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
The Replacements

You also have to factor in the possibility of Buxton playing a full year and the impact on the pitching staff.
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

i hope he takes the next step this year. i love going to the park to watch a master pitch.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I really like Berrios. Pitchers that can fade the ball armside like he can often become successful.
Even his 4-seam fastball fades a bit from time to time which shouldn't really happen but it does.
When he got to the Big Leagues his changeup was his best pitch and wasn't impressed but he fixed that in a hurry.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

he's not yet, butt the good thing is he has the drive to get to that point. The bad news if he does get to that point the Twins will prolly say "see ya"
The Replacements

RALPH MALPH wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm
he's not yet, butt the good thing is he has the drive to get to that point. The bad news if he does get to that point the Twins will prolly say "see ya"
The Nola contract only bought out 1 year of free agency. I could see Berrios doing that.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Straight Edge Raven wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 am Dalton Del Don of Yahoo Sports predicts a Cy Young year out of Berrios and a 2nd place Wild Card entry into the Playoffs.

He didn’t give any reasons tho

If berrios takes the next step it’s because he adds an elite 3rd pitch.
salamander

Post by salamander »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:57 am
Straight Edge Raven wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 am Dalton Del Don of Yahoo Sports predicts a Cy Young year out of Berrios and a 2nd place Wild Card entry into the Playoffs.

He didn’t give any reasons tho

If berrios takes the next step it’s because he adds an elite 3rd pitch.
His curveball is essentially two pitches because he can add and subtract curve on it when he wants.
But yeah, if he can add a 3rd elite pitch he's a legit Ace.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

SZN
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Had more movement on the curve last start. Very excited to see him pitch tonight