Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

MLB Trade Rumors Top 50 Free Agents

A place to discuss the MN Twins
mglviks

Re: MLB Trade Rumors Top 50 Free Agents

Post by mglviks »

Napoli back with Rangers.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

mglviks wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:15 pm Napoli back with Rangers.
Twins totally tried though.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:18 pm
Twins totally tried though.
Fool the tools.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

I got fake news. He is still available. My bad.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

ForCaleb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:32 am
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:14 am
ForCaleb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am Darvish had "very good meeting" with Cubs.

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
I know Archer hasn't been dealt but has Cole? Arrietta (doubt the Twins grab him) Lynn and Cobb still available....
Yankees are willing to deal Clint Frazier for Cole. I'm not sure what the Pirates are waiting for. We can't match that.
We could, but we shouldn't.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

mglviks wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:56 pm
I don't get the obsession we seem to have with him. He's a veteran, but he has no position and he is just old. A .193 batting average is ridiculously embarrassing, I don't care how many bombs he had.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Sano for Archer straight up. Would you do it?
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:47 am
I don't get the obsession we seem to have with him. He's a veteran, but he has no position and he is just old. A .193 batting average is ridiculously embarrassing, I don't care how many bombs he had.
I wanted the Twins to get him six years ago when he was mashing........that was six years ago.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:47 am
They are probably viewing last season as an outlier and thinking he will be closer to his career .246 avg...which obviously isn't that good on it's own, but not so bad if you add in 25+ HR....they apparently love him as a locker room guy too.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Wade Davis to the Rockies
3@52m

Should help set the market. Next 3 weeks will be fun.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Qman65 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:22 am Sano for Archer straight up. Would you do it?
I'm biased with Sano. I want to keep him but that would be a great deal considering what's going on. No one is giving up something like that for Sano now sadly. Twins either stand pat and wait a year or two for this to blow over or get a poor return. This is the Twins however so they will probably do something stupid.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:24 pm
Qman65 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:22 am Sano for Archer straight up. Would you do it?
I'm biased with Sano. I want to keep him but that would be a great deal considering what's going on. No one is giving up something like that for Sano now sadly. Twins either stand pat and wait a year or two for this to blow over or get a poor return. This is the Twins however so they will probably do something stupid.
you really keep going back and forth with Sano, don't you...initially you were upset that people were upset with his sexual assault and wanted to keep him, then you found out it was at a Twins event and you wanted him gone, now you want him again.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:29 pm
Sargeant Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:24 pm
you really keep going back and forth with Sano, don't you...initially you were upset that people were upset with his sexual assault and wanted to keep him, then you found out it was at a Twins event and you wanted him gone, now you want him again.
Maybe I phrased it wrong. I am a BIG fan of him. I was just saying that I think the Twins will have to do something extreme being she was an employee of the team. I won't be mad at them if they trade him, it's his own fault but I do love watching him.

I'm going to be pissed if they trade him for garbage though ala Johan Santana.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Wade Davis to sign with the Rockies.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:43 am Wade Davis to sign with the Rockies.
17M/Year, 3 Year. That major market Colorado strikes again.

:roll:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Where's all the Twins big moves? Did i miss them?!? :zzz:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Zishan

Post by Zishan »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 pm Where's all the Twins big moves? Did i miss them?!? :zzz:
We are going to do what we always do - leak to the public that we have interest in Big Time free agents - wait for someone else to sign them - throw up our hands and say well we tried. Then we'll sign some washed up 35 year old hoping we'll catch lightning in a bottle. Meantime ownership is laughing all the way to the bank.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Falvine will be the laughingstock of the league if they come to spring training without another starting pitcher..... I've thought all along they needed two.. one via free agency, one via trade. To assume guys like Gibson/Santana will pick up right where they left off seems far fetched.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm Falvine will be the laughingstock of the league if they come to spring training without another starting pitcher..... I've thought all along they needed two.. one via free agency, one via trade. To assume guys like Gibson/Santana will pick up right where they left off seems far fetched.
They were never building for 2018. If they can pull off acquiring Darvish, Cole or whomever for the right price, they'll bump up their plans. Otherwise, they and the Pohlads are more focused on a 5 year plan, I'm sure.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm Falvine will be the laughingstock of the league if they come to spring training without another starting pitcher..... I've thought all along they needed two.. one via free agency, one via trade. To assume guys like Gibson/Santana will pick up right where they left off seems far fetched.
They were never building for 2018. If they can pull off acquiring Darvish, Cole or whomever for the right price, they'll bump up their plans. Otherwise, they and the Pohlads are more focused on a 5 year plan, I'm sure.
Gerrit Cole and Alex Cobb should be done already. Their infatuation with Darvish is strange.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:21 pm
Gerrit Cole and Alex Cobb should be done already. Their infatuation with Darvish is strange.
Well it's already been a 7 year plan. So we are taking this to a 12 year plan total now. Lol. The Twins won't land any of these guy's. #GetToKnowEm
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Cole possibly heading to Houston. Wonder what they are offering.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm Cole possibly heading to Houston. Wonder what they are offering.
Shit!!!
Those jerks!

Trade for him now!!!!

Doesn't mean we have to give up on Yu. Perhaps helps the chances.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Chris Tillman the newest option C for us.

Could be a good roll of the dice if he gets back to preinjury form.
Seems like a twins type move.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm Cole possibly heading to Houston. Wonder what they are offering.
Nick Gordon seems like a lock to be a good player, but also never a great player. They should sell high on him.

Gordon, Jay, Pearson and Gibson for Cole.

Time to show the fans they want to win now.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mglviks wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:20 pm
Nick Gordon seems like a lock to be a good player, but also never a great player. They should sell high on him.

Gordon, Jay, Pearson and Gibson for Cole.

Time to show the fans they want to win now.
Gordon dropped to #8 for Twins Prospects in baseball America.... his value just went way down.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:21 pm
How can you say this when you don't know the acquisition price of either player? Cobb at $20 million for a #3 starter? Cole will likely cost you 2-3 of your best prospects. How many years of control does Cole have? There's a reason none of these players have signed/moved.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Cole? 2, I thought.

Cobb, you're probably half right... the market is waiting to be set by Darvish... Arrieta, Lynn and Cobb all follow then. I doubt Cobb gets 20 mil a year, 15 sure.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Houston is going to be silly good.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Slow offseason, fellas. :roll:

An uneventful offseason has ramped up the dialogue to alarming levels. The latest news flash came Friday, when agent Brodie Van Wagenen of CAA released a statement suggesting collusion among owners and raising the possibility of a spring training boycott, which the MLB Players Association refuted in a statement. With pitchers and catchers for the 30 MLB clubs scheduled to report to camps from Feb. 12-14, that doesn't leave much time for fence-mending.

For the more than 100 unsigned Article XX(B) free agents, minor league free agents and December non-tenders still waiting for positive news, an intriguing scenario is making the rounds: Barring an unprecedented surge of agreements this week, could the MLB Players Association help arrange a central clearinghouse for unaffiliated players to gather, bond and simulate the rites and rituals of camp in a sort of shadow spring training?

The concept has yet to advance beyond the speculative stage. But it's becoming more of a talking point each day.

Players, agents and union officials all declined to speak for attribution because of the sensitivity of the situation. But several sources said the union is preparing for the possibility of a spring camp in Florida or Arizona (or possibly, both venues) where unsigned players could gather en masse. Most likely, players would not take part in games or formal showcases. Instead, the initiative would provide them an opportunity to continue their offseason training in a structured, unified setting.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2232 ... ossibility