Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

MLB Trade Rumors Top 50 Free Agents

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Sid Hartman

Re: MLB Trade Rumors Top 50 Free Agents

Post by Sid Hartman »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:14 pm Twins inquiring about Gerrit Cole and Jake Odorizzi...not bad names, but this is what they do.

It started with Yu Darvish and Jake Arrieta. Now we are down a tier to Cole and Odorizzi...

who will we be discussing in a few weeks from now?
Scott Baker and Kevin Slowey reclamation projects
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:55 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:14 pm Twins inquiring about Gerrit Cole and Jake Odorizzi...not bad names, but this is what they do.

It started with Yu Darvish and Jake Arrieta. Now we are down a tier to Cole and Odorizzi...

Scott Baker and Kevin Slowey reclamation projects
Nick Blackburn was hurt last season, but didnt want to say anything. He wanted to play through his injuries and be there for his teammates. With him being fully healthy at the start of Spring Training, you can expect him to have a great season and build off last season.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Bubu, you think the Falvey/Levine have already set a precedent that reflects TR's approach?? They just got hired a little over a year ago. If they only trade/sign a back of the rotation scrub when the season starts I'll definitely have some words of criticism.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

ForCaleb wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 am

Bubu, you think the Falvey/Levine have already set a precedent that reflects TR's approach?? They just got hired a little over a year ago. If they only trade/sign a back of the rotation scrub when the season starts I'll definitely have some words of criticism.
I think the Pohlad's will always pull the strings of whoever the face of the FO is, whether its TR, or Falvine
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Its gotta be good to be Falvey/ Levine..........
They can f*ck up all they want, and people will blame Jim.

Other than internet warriors, there has not been one person who has ever said he wouldn't pay the money.
Reporters, employees, ex-employees, etc...
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Id be very happy with Cole.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

People continue say more likely the Twins go the trade route but realistically it'd be nice to get one via trade and sign one too (starters). Santana has one more year... Gibson was nearly done here before a second half resurgence.. Gonsalves will be up at some point but if you're good for starters in 2018, maybe he can help your pen for a year like Trevor May has done in the past?

Someone on the first page said all the young guys will have better years next year, not sure I buy that. I wouldn't mind a veteran bat added via free agency... again, Mauer, one year left...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Brad Hand!

Bring him home!

Southpaw with swing/miss ability. Need some back end help big time.

Trade for him and cole. Please!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mglviks wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:57 pm Brad Hand!

Bring him home!

Southpaw with swing/miss ability. Need some back end help big time.

Trade for him and cole. Please!
Padres want the sun and the moon for Hand.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Another day like any other...Jeter/ Marlins dumping players.

Where's Bowie Kuhn when MLB really needs him?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

No rumor. Wont happen.
Just fun hypothetical.

What would it take to get Manny Machido?

If he would sign long term id give up the farm.

Berrios, Gonslaves for the 2 young controlable SP demand, N. Gordon, A. Kilkroff for the 2 top prospects and Polanco to give them a ready replacement. (Id do Lewis over Gordon if needed)

Then just sign/trade 2 SPs to replace loss of Berrios, and the needed added one. They do call us mini NY in the art world, fun to pretend in the sports world too.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Tigers traded Ian Kinsler to LA Angels for prospects.

Poor Gardy.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
JohnWayne

Post by JohnWayne »

mglviks wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 pm No rumor. Wont happen.
Just fun hypothetical.

Berrios, Gonslaves for the 2 young controlable SP demand, N. Gordon, A. Kilkroff for the 2 top prospects and Polanco to give them a ready replacement. (Id do Lewis over Gordon if needed)

Then just sign/trade 2 SPs to replace loss of Berrios, and the needed added one. They do call us mini NY in the art world, fun to pretend in the sports world too.
The Orioles are taking calls on Machado. He is a FA after this season. Yankees very high on Manny. However, Manny wants to play shortstop. That would actually favor the Twins.

Have to have a legit All Star roster to compete with the Yanks and Strohs.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

JohnWayne wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:36 pm
mglviks wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 pm No rumor. Wont happen.
Just fun hypothetical.

The Orioles are taking calls on Machado. He is a FA after this season. Yankees very high on Manny. However, Manny wants to play shortstop. That would actually favor the Twins.

Have to have a legit All Star roster to compete with the Yanks and Strohs.
The Orioles are apparently terrified about this trade.
They fear that if they move him, the team will then trade him to the Yankees.

They have to understand he will probably wind up there regardless. (FA after this season) Make your best deal.

The SS, 3B issue? Whatever. The Yankees had the best SS in baseball (Arod) playing 3B before.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

^
Man i hate the yankees so much. Worst of all in all sports.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Darvish had "very good meeting" with Cubs.

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

ForCaleb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am Darvish had "very good meeting" with Cubs.

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
I know Archer hasn't been dealt but has Cole? Arrietta (doubt the Twins grab him) Lynn and Cobb still available....
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:14 am
ForCaleb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 am Darvish had "very good meeting" with Cubs.

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
I know Archer hasn't been dealt but has Cole? Arrietta (doubt the Twins grab him) Lynn and Cobb still available....
Yankees are willing to deal Clint Frazier for Cole. I'm not sure what the Pirates are waiting for. We can't match that.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
But they totally tried.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 am

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
But they totally tried.
Lol. Last year I said they would sign Bartolo Colon this winter and they did it during the season. I just put a name out there of some washed up once was as a joke and it happened.

Do they bring him back for the "BIG" signing?

I'm going with R.A Dickey this year. Team loves to bring back it's own turds. Maybe Dickey has already been signed? Don't know... I don't even follow baseball FA because the Twins haven't signed a top one in my lifetime
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:45 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 am

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
But they totally tried.
Lol. Last year I said they would sign Bartolo Colon this winter and they did it during the season. I just put a name out there of some washed up once was as a joke and it happened.

Do they bring him back for the "BIG" signing?

I'm going with R.A Dickey this year. Team loves to bring back it's own turds. Maybe Dickey has already been signed? Don't know... I don't even follow baseball FA because the Twins haven't signed a top one in my lifetime
Did you really just use Colon as an example of a bad move?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

ForCaleb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:32 am
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:14 am

Twins fucked??

No Cole
No Darvish
No Archer
Yankees are willing to deal Clint Frazier for Cole. I'm not sure what the Pirates are waiting for. We can't match that.
I'm not sure why they haven't jumped on Cobb... I saw a report that said they were going after him now... why weren't you in the first place? You thought Darvish would just pick the Twins immediately on a 4 year offer when he wants 6? Clearly no one is offering 6 years 120 right now which he supposedly wants...
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Rays trade Evan Longoria to the Giants for Denard Span, Christian Arroyo and prospects.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

ForCaleb wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm Rays trade Evan Longoria to the Giants for Denard Span, Christian Arroyo and prospects.
Assuming these prospects don't project to be superstars why would they do that?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Tim Lincecum attempting another comeback. Maybe worth the dice roll.

Still only 33. If all else fails, I'd be good with Timmys upside.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

mglviks wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:05 pm Tim Lincecum attempting another comeback. Maybe worth the dice roll.

Are you serious? It's been 6 years since he's put anywhere near decent numbers. He didn't even play last season. These are the kind of dumpster diving moves that you should be trying to avoid. No freaking way. I suppose you'd love for them to bring back Nolasco too. :gun:
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

mglviks wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:05 pm Tim Lincecum attempting another comeback. Maybe worth the dice roll.

Sure. Offer a minor league contract with the understanding he'd be utilized as a RP.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Just read an article about how the Twins are setting up for 2019...of course a whole bunch of Pohlad cliches came to mind, but it would make sense....the Pineda move was for 2019. In 2019, Mauer and Doziers contracts are done. The 2019 free agent class is stacked. The only significant move the Twins have made for this upcoming season was just a one year deal..
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 pm Just read an article about how the Twins are setting up for 2019...of course a whole bunch of Pohlad cliches came to mind, but it would make sense....the Pineda move was for 2019. In 2019, Mauer and Doziers contracts are done. The 2019 free agent class is stacked. The only significant move the Twins have made for this upcoming season was just a one year deal..
Ya, I'm sure they are gearing up for a spending spree in 2019 :roll:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

ForCaleb wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 am

Sure. Offer a minor league contract with the understanding he'd be utilized as a RP.
This sounds like a classic Twins FA move.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master