Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Hicks gets paid

A place to discuss the MN Twins
RALPH MALPH

Hicks gets paid

Post by RALPH MALPH »

Glad to see things worked out for him.

Jack Curry of YES Network reports that the Yankees and outfielder Aaron Hicks have agreed to a seven-year, $70 million contract extension.
Per Curry, the extension will be officially announced on Monday. The deal is expected to begin this season, so it will run through 2025. Hicks was previously due to become a free agent this offseason, but he's opted for the long-term financial security now rather than test the open market. The 29-year-old has broken out over the past two seasons with an .838 OPS (123 OPS+) while playing excellent defense in center field
feekdogg

Re: Hicks gets paid

Post by feekdogg »

What a stupid, stupid trade that was.
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 am What a stupid, stupid trade that was.
yea, that was a bad one, unfortunately one of many
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

What's John Ryan Murphy up to?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Funny, he actually started trying and got rewarded for it.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:30 pm Funny, he actually started trying and got rewarded for it.
:lol:

:clap:

Thank you.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:38 pm
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:30 pm Funny, he actually started trying and got rewarded for it.
:lol:

:clap:

Thank you.
Well, you can look at it one of two ways. Either Gardy and his staff just couldn't get through to him or he tried to skate by on talent alone until he saw his career potentially going up in smoke and got his act together. Either way, it's at least partly on him that he didn't succeed here.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

I forgot how awful he was his first year with the Yankees.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:54 pm I forgot how awful he was his first year with the Yankees.
He had one good month. I think someone got into his head and said that if he didn't shape up, he'd never reach his potential.