Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Marwin we got him!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Qman65

Re: Marwin we got him!

Post by Qman65 »

[quote=Hornets post_id=557198 time=1550859832 user_id=493]
New regime making some nice moves! Too bad players will strike soon and the whole thing will go to heck...….
[/quote

Debby Downer!
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

They made all you whiners look pretty stupid. Not only did the spend all of Mauer's money they spent more. They covered their ass everywhere we have a young guy who's a maybe. Now maybe now we actually get out of the gate strong. Looking at you Buxton.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:21 pm Good move Twins. I like the signing.

Heard a rumor that the Twins may attempt to trade Rosario for pitching because they don’t think they will be able to extend him at their price.
:gun:
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Style

Post by Style »

salamander wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:28 am
Keith_Morrison wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:21 pm Good move Twins. I like the signing.

Heard a rumor that the Twins may attempt to trade Rosario for pitching because they don’t think they will be able to extend him at their price.
With the way the farm system seems to be developing, it’s only a matter of time before an OF is dealt.

Rosario might be the odd man out.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
salamander

Post by salamander »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:12 am They made all you whiners look pretty stupid. Not only did the spend all of Mauer's money they spent more. They covered their ass everywhere we have a young guy who's a maybe. Now maybe now we actually get out of the gate strong. Looking at you Buxton.
Wrong. This is the problem we have. They moved from bottom of the league in spending and are now #20 in spending and people are patting them on the back like they're big spenders. They're such cheap ass owners that being #20 in spending is being paraded by people like you as if they're spending big.

BE A TOP 10 SPENDING TEAM SOMETIMES (NOT ALL THE TIME). The Pohlads have largely failed this offseason. All they've done get back to zero because they've been such terrible owners. Now they and the Pohlad Pocket Protectors are acting like they are actually spending money when in truth, that's a laughable statement on it's face.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Style wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:48 am

With the way the farm system seems to be developing, it’s only a matter of time before an OF is dealt.

This surprises no one. People think the Pohlads went on some kind of spending spree this offseason so naturally the Pohlads are looking to dump money somewhere else so they can get back down into the bottom 3rd of the league in spending. This is how the Pohlads, who are among the worst owners in all of sports, operate.

Liars, promise breakers and cheap ass owners.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

salamander wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:53 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:12 am They made all you whiners look pretty stupid. Not only did the spend all of Mauer's money they spent more. They covered their ass everywhere we have a young guy who's a maybe. Now maybe now we actually get out of the gate strong. Looking at you Buxton.
Wrong. This is the problem we have. They moved from bottom of the league in spending and are now #20 in spending and people are patting them on the back like they're big spenders. They're such cheap ass owners that being #20 in spending is being paraded by people like you as if they're spending big.

BE A TOP 10 SPENDING TEAM SOMETIMES (NOT ALL THE TIME). The Pohlads have largely failed this offseason. All they've done get back to zero because they've been such terrible owners. Now they and the Pohlad Pocket Protectors are acting like they are actually spending money when in truth, that's a laughable statement on it's face.
The problem is you can't see the truth through the tears.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

We'll trade our best player.................why?
salamander

Post by salamander »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:53 am

The problem is you can't see the truth through the tears.
I can see the truth through my tears. The tears fall because I know this team has such terrible ownership and will only compete every few decades due to the terrible ownership. I'm glad I at least got to be alive for two world series because I doubt I'll ever see another one with the way this team is run by ownership.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:05 pm

Same reason we dumped Hunter. Same reason we dumped Santana, same reason we dumped Cuddy....

The list goes on.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This team will do absolutely nothing this year unless Roco is a miracle worker.

This is a .500 club

Better than usual though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Covered their ass everywhere? The starting rotation will be bottom tier again.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

salamander wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Same reason we dumped Hunter. Same reason we dumped Santana, same reason we dumped Cuddy....

The list goes on.
Same reason you duck when your husband gets mad?
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

The list goes on.
Cuddy used us as leverage to get more money from Colorado, he never was going to re-sign here. Torii and Santana were still in the Dome era with Carl in charge. I'd like to think if we get players of that quality about to leave, that we give them fair contracts to stay.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

An overpriced Nic Punto? :roll:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Qman65 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 am An overpriced Nic Punto? :roll:
Not even close to the same player. Could Punto play left field or 1B? And play them well? Gonzalez is a pretty good player. He's got more power then Punto as well.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Qman65 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 am An overpriced Nic Punto? :roll:
They are the same except Marwin is bigger, plays more positions, and is a way better hitter.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:11 pm

This is a .500 club

I'm going to disagree with both of you.

This team has made my ideal moves offensively. At the same time, they still have cash to spend and haven't addressed ptiching.

At the same time, this team was basically .500 last year with like 7 of their core guys having worst case scenario seasons.

It would not shock me if they win 90 games this year1.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:36 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:11 pm

This is a .500 club

I'm going to disagree with both of you.

This team has made my ideal moves offensively. At the same time, they still have cash to spend and haven't addressed ptiching.

At the same time, this team was basically .500 last year with like 7 of their core guys having worst case scenario seasons.

It would not shock me if they win 90 games this year1.
You aren't disagreeing with me. I have said since the offseason began that we would not spend greatly above Mauer's money because we are the Twins. But if we spend it smart and fill a couple holes we have every chance to be a playoff team because we have a ton of youth that should be taking a next step.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:06 pm

The list goes on.
Same reason you duck when your husband gets mad?
I'm sorry, this one just fly over my head. I don't know what you're getting at.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:46 pm I'd like to think if we get players of that quality about to leave, that we give them fair contracts to stay.
I have not seen any proof of this. If you're right, I would ecstatic. I just don't think you are because ----> Pohlads.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

salamander wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:20 pm
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:46 pm I'd like to think if we get players of that quality about to leave, that we give them fair contracts to stay.
I have not seen any proof of this. If you're right, I would ecstatic. I just don't think you are because ----> Pohlads.
They did re-sign Mauer because they had to. And let's not kid ourselves about Rosario. He still has an incredibly free swinging approach at the plate that happened to work out last year. I'm not convinced that he's a superstar that you have to lock up.
full force five

Post by full force five »

I feel bad for the guy comparing Marwin to Punto. Marwin has a 800 fewer AB's with 57 more HR's. Marwin had 23 home-runs in 2017, most Punto had was 7. lol. Other hitting stats are much better as well.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

full force five wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:19 pm I feel bad for the guy comparing Marwin to Punto. Marwin has a 800 fewer AB's with 57 more HR's. Marwin had 23 home-runs in 2017, most Punto had was 7. lol. Other hitting stats are much better as well.
Plus Marwin had one of the most clutch moments that a player can have for his team by going deep in a World Series game to force extra innings and they ended up winning that game.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:29 pm
They did re-sign Mauer because they had to. And let's not kid ourselves about Rosario. He still has an incredibly free swinging approach at the plate that happened to work out last year. I'm not convinced that he's a superstar that you have to lock up.
That's pretty true. It's hard to say right now but that's true of any young talent.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

salamander wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:16 pm

That's pretty true. It's hard to say right now but that's true of any young talent.
I'd say Lewis and Kiriloff will be the next wave, but you never know considering how can't miss guys like Sano and Buxton were and now they both are question marks.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:54 pm

I'd say Lewis and Kiriloff will be the next wave, but you never know considering how can't miss guys like Sano and Buxton were and now they both are question marks.
Honestly, Buxton and Sano hurt pretty bad. The last time I was that excited about the Twins future was decades ago. That we put every hope on those two with no backup plan and zero veteran leadership irritates me to no end.

I hope they can turn it around. I also really like Lewis but he's way out. I don't want to be waiting years until these kids get up here. I want to be in the playoffs when they're rookies with them bolstering our roster. I don't have faith the Pohlads even have the ability to think that way.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Everyone gave up on Tori. Everyone gave up on Cuddy. Everyone gave up on on Dozier. Everyone gave up on Hicks. Ortiz. All became damn fine ball players. Some guys just take longer. And with our collection of old school no smile managers making big hitters take 2 strikes and go the other way you can see why. That shit's over.

I hope.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:48 pm
Everyone gave up on Tori. Everyone gave up on Cuddy. Everyone gave up on on Dozier. Everyone gave up on Hicks. Ortiz. All became damn fine ball players. Some guys just take longer. And with our collection of old school no smile managers making big hitters take 2 strikes and go the other way you can see why. That shit's over.

I hope.
I never gave up on any of those players except for Hicks (And how was I to know that he'd actually start, you know, trying). In fact, I got into an hour long debate with my college roommates saying that we made a mistake by getting rid of Ortiz.

And I'm not giving up on these two either. But they are both going to have to correct some serious flaws.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:47 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:48 pm

I hope.
I never gave up on any of those players except for Hicks (And how was I to know that he'd actually start, you know, trying). In fact, I got into an hour long debate with my college roommates saying that we made a mistake by getting rid of Ortiz.

And I'm not giving up on these two either. But they are both going to have to correct some serious flaws.
No one can be blamed for giving up on Hicks.