Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Marwin we got him!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Sidewinder2k2

Re: Marwin we got him!

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

salamander wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:34 pm
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:47 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:48 pm
Everyone gave up on Tori. Everyone gave up on Cuddy. Everyone gave up on on Dozier. Everyone gave up on Hicks. Ortiz. All became damn fine ball players. Some guys just take longer. And with our collection of old school no smile managers making big hitters take 2 strikes and go the other way you can see why. That shit's over.

I hope.
I never gave up on any of those players except for Hicks (And how was I to know that he'd actually start, you know, trying). In fact, I got into an hour long debate with my college roommates saying that we made a mistake by getting rid of Ortiz.

And I'm not giving up on these two either. But they are both going to have to correct some serious flaws.
No one can be blamed for giving up on Hicks.
Not if you ask Aaron Gleeman. He knew all along and Terry Ryan was an idiot for giving up on him.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:37 pm

I never gave up on any of those players except for Hicks (And how was I to know that he'd actually start, you know, trying). In fact, I got into an hour long debate with my college roommates saying that we made a mistake by getting rid of Ortiz.

And I'm not giving up on these two either. But they are both going to have to correct some serious flaws.
Not if you ask Aaron Gleeman. He knew all along and Terry Ryan was an idiot for giving up on him.
:lol: I kind of want to go back and see what he said at the time now.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:48 pm
Everyone gave up on Tori. Everyone gave up on Cuddy. Everyone gave up on on Dozier. Everyone gave up on Hicks. Ortiz. All became damn fine ball players. Some guys just take longer. And with our collection of old school no smile managers making big hitters take 2 strikes and go the other way you can see why. That shit's over.

I hope.

Hicks wasn't terrible. He was at worst a good 4th outfielder and a fantastic defensive outfielder. The sad fact is they moved him 100% because of Buxton who is not a far superior defender and a complete flop as to offense. Let's hope he turns into Hicks while we still have him.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:06 pm

Hicks wasn't terrible. He was at worst a good 4th outfielder and a fantastic defensive outfielder. The sad fact is they moved him 100% because of Buxton who is not a far superior defender and a complete flop as to offense. Let's hope he turns into Hicks while we still have him.
And before that, they moved Span because of Hicks. Span was nothing special, but he was fine. And Hicks was nothing special, but he was fine. They just go with the younger/cheaper option far too much.

I really didnt mind the Hicks trade. It did seem to be selling low, but I'm a firm believer that OF is the easiest position to fill in the MLB, while catcher is one of the hardest (maybe the hardest?), so I can see the logic in it. Murphy might actually even turn into a good catcher yet. Falvine moved him though, lets just hope this isnt another bite in the butt, as JRM showed some signs of turning it around in Arizona last year.
D_H

Post by D_H »

LMAO

Another hoping you catch lightning in a bottle this franchise is a joke.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

D_H wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 am LMAO

This. We even have some predicting 90+ wins. :lol:

Reminds me of last year when everyone got all pumped up over Lance Lynn and LoMo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:38 am

Reminds me of last year when everyone got all pumped up over Lance Lynn and LoMo.
Lol

The homers buy into ownership pocket protection.

Go get Bryce Harper and get back with me.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

D_H wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 am

Lol

And how are we supposed to do that short of offering him a 400 million dollar contract that he won't come close to earning?

This team needs pitching, not more position players.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

7 straight hits. Flirting with a team record.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:16 pm 7 straight hits. Flirting with a team record.
What was/is the record?
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:16 pm 7 straight hits. Flirting with a team record.
He had 4 hits, then an out, and then 3. Dick was wrong as usual (and FSN tweeted about it for some reason, despite being the channel that aired the groundout after the 4 hits...)
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

boxter432 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:52 am
He had 4 hits, then an out, and then 3. Dick was wrong as usual (and FSN tweeted about it for some reason, despite being the channel that aired the groundout after the 4 hits...)
Thanks for clarifying.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Hot bat. Love the early takes that they should have signed Harper instead. Lol!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I was thinking about Marwin last week when some questioned whether he was worth the money because they technically had starters at every position. Look how many games he's played...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Or the comparison to Nick Punto. LOL.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Sorry RT - but I have to pick on ya regarding the 90 win line. lol

Of course, I wasn't expecting 90 wins myself, but damn, the Twins offense has been pretty hot all year, and obviously well on their way to a 90 plus win season. And safe to say, Marwin has been a damn fine player for the club after the ice cold start.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Another great take.......... :roll:
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

minnemike wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:58 am Hot bat. Love the early takes that they should have signed Harper instead. Lol!
Its always interesting to see people's takes before the season starts and see how they change their tune thru out the season!!
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 am

Another great take.......... :roll:
Those 2 could fuck up a wet dream
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:25 am
D_H wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 am

Lol

And how are we supposed to do that short of offering him a 400 million dollar contract that he won't come close to earning?

This team needs pitching, not more position players.
Bryce Harper? Twins were in the hunt :lol: