Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jorge Polanco Extension

A place to discuss the MN Twins
The Replacements

Re: Jorge Polanco Extension

Post by The Replacements »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:51 pm
The Replacements wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:59 am
Small Hands wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Ugh... I don’t think it’s worth discussing with you man, but i’ll Bite. How has the market agreed with you? He hasn’t been signed yet. Harper just got signed today. He’s the best FA pitcher on the market. I disagree and advanced statistics show that he’s not declining.

Luke Weaver is a failed prospect. He finished barely under a 5 era and lost his spot in the rotation last September. Carson Kelly had a whopping 35 ABs in the majors last year and hit .269 in AAA the rest of the season. He’s a backup catcher at best for ARI behind Alex Avila. You waaaaay over exaggerate the quality of these guys. They were both at one time high prospects. Just like hmmmm Nick Gordon.

As far as Yelich goes... I don’t think you were reading my post. I said I wasn’t expecting him to have a fucking MVP season. I said it shouldn’t surprise either. He was an already very good player that turned into a great player in his prime, but go ahead and change my words to fit your narrative. Point is... Even if he didn’t have a MVP season, he was still a top 50 player in the league. In case you didn’t notice, We need some of those.
You can't fix stupid, but I'll try one more time.

1. Keuchel - what contract would you offer him? CY Young winner or pitch to contact (6.7 K/9) 2018 version.
2. Weaver and Kelly are not failed prospects. See Aaron Hicks example.n
3. Yelich - Twins were 4th in runs score in 2017 and a young developing outfield. They were 9th in pitching. A smart GM is going to allocate his resources to the pitching staff unless of course you're a fortune teller and saw Yellich's MVP season.

Before you respond. Just think a little bit.
:lol: You really have poor reading comprehension, and your name calling doesn’t make your argument better. Just makes you look like an asshole.

I love how you think Kuechel is a soft tossing past his prime slug. Let’s revisit him at the end of the season.

A backup catcher and a failing #5 starting pitcher is worth the price for a mvp caliber player. Even if it’s for one year.

As far as Yelich is concerned, please show me where I said I expected him to win the MVP. I said I wasn’t surprised. If you think adding Yelich pre 2018 wouldn’t be a huge upgrade from Kepler, I can’t help you.
Go on record, what's your offer to Kuechel? I'm surprised you didn't say the Twins should have drafted Trout.
Small Hands

Re: Jorge Polanco Extension

Post by Small Hands »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:05 pm
Small Hands wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:51 pm
The Replacements wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:59 am

You can't fix stupid, but I'll try one more time.

1. Keuchel - what contract would you offer him? CY Young winner or pitch to contact (6.7 K/9) 2018 version.
2. Weaver and Kelly are not failed prospects. See Aaron Hicks example.n
3. Yelich - Twins were 4th in runs score in 2017 and a young developing outfield. They were 9th in pitching. A smart GM is going to allocate his resources to the pitching staff unless of course you're a fortune teller and saw Yellich's MVP season.

Before you respond. Just think a little bit.
:lol: You really have poor reading comprehension, and your name calling doesn’t make your argument better. Just makes you look like an asshole.

I love how you think Kuechel is a soft tossing past his prime slug. Let’s revisit him at the end of the season.

A backup catcher and a failing #5 starting pitcher is worth the price for a mvp caliber player. Even if it’s for one year.

As far as Yelich is concerned, please show me where I said I expected him to win the MVP. I said I wasn’t surprised. If you think adding Yelich pre 2018 wouldn’t be a huge upgrade from Kepler, I can’t help you.
Go on record, what's your offer to Kuechel? I'm surprised you didn't say the Twins should have drafted Trout.
3 years, 18-22 per range would be ideal for me.