Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jorge Polanco Extension

A place to discuss the MN Twins
beetlebum71

Jorge Polanco Extension

Post by beetlebum71 »

Saw on Twitter that the Twins are finishing a 7 year extension that will have 5 guaranteed years and a couple club options with Hip, Hip, Jorge. If it goes the whole length, it would buy out 3 years of FA. Sounds like money is expected to be in the $5 million AAV range, but maybe a touch more.

I like Jorge. He's a solid defender, puts the bat on the ball, and seems like a guy who could develop some plus power in the future. He's still only 25, which is crazy.
bubu dubu.

Re: Jorge Polanco Extension

Post by bubu dubu. »

Buy low move. Better now if he blows up, but if he doesn't, the length could hurt the club
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 am Saw on Twitter that the Twins are finishing a 7 year extension that will have 5 guaranteed years and a couple club options with Hip, Hip, Jorge. If it goes the whole length, it would buy out 3 years of FA. Sounds like money is expected to be in the $5 million AAV range, but maybe a touch more.

I like Jorge. He's a solid defender, puts the bat on the ball, and seems like a guy who could develop some plus power in the future. He's still only 25, which is crazy.
PoPo is appreciated in the Shady house
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I like this. I don’t think we’ve seen Polanco’s full potential yet....it’s coming.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 am Buy low move. Better now if he blows up, but if he doesn't, the length could hurt the club
Worst case, he's an excellent utility guy. I think he's more than that, though.
Dude

Post by Dude »

How will this play out with Royce Lewis projected to arrive within the next 2-3 seasons? I'm not familiar with either of their position flexibility.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Dude wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 am How will this play out with Royce Lewis projected to arrive within the next 2-3 seasons? I'm not familiar with either of their position flexibility.
As of right now, Royce is looking like he will stay at SS long term. If this signing has any indication on how the front office feels about their prospects, its probably about Gordon and the lack of confidence they have in him developing his bat.
salamander

Post by salamander »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nOW THEY SHOULD GET hARPER.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

And now Kepler gets one. Not sure I like that one.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

salamander wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:39 am :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They paid Kepler instead. Pretty much the same player.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Car Ramrod wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:28 am
Dude wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 am How will this play out with Royce Lewis projected to arrive within the next 2-3 seasons? I'm not familiar with either of their position flexibility.
As of right now, Royce is looking like he will stay at SS long term. If this signing has any indication on how the front office feels about their prospects, its probably about Gordon and the lack of confidence they have in him developing his bat.
Where did you hear that Lewis will stay at SS? Everything I’ve heard is he is a terrible fielder so far. Either way, I like the Jorge signing. Was hoping they’d get something like this done with Rosario last year.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:57 am
salamander wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:39 am :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They paid Kepler instead. Pretty much the same player.
Yep, and I've read a lot that says it doesn't make sense to sign these top level guys. Until that report came out the twins were ready to pounce.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 pm
Where did you hear that Lewis will stay at SS? Everything I’ve heard is he is a terrible fielder so far. Either way, I like the Jorge signing. Was hoping they’d get something like this done with Rosario last year.
100% wrong. That narrative is an old one and outdated one. Lewis is developing well defensively at SS.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:18 pm
Small Hands wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 pm

100% wrong. That narrative is an old one and outdated one. Lewis is developing well defensively at SS.
Good to hear. I remember Rock me Abbredaris saying he watched him last summer and he was kicking balls around and looked uninterested in the field. Glad he’s progressing.

At least I think it was Rock me Abbredaris. It was in the minor league thread.
The Replacements

Recent scouting report on Lewis in January:

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Nice situation for the Twins. Royce is gonna be in the starting lineup within 3 years, maybe even 2! If Gordon gets his act together and becomes a player, then we just trade one of the 3 and probably get a nice return....embarrassment of riches!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:14 pm Recent scouting report on Lewis in January:

F-ing music to my ears

“He is going to be a premium player at a premium position soon”

That play in the hole with the throw to 2nd looked like Jeter.
The Replacements

Hornets wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm Nice situation for the Twins. Royce is gonna be in the starting lineup within 3 years, maybe even 2! If Gordon gets his act together and becomes a player, then we just trade one of the 3 and probably get a nice return....embarrassment of riches!!
I have a feeling Polanco will move to 2nd when Lewis is ready. Gordon had a tough year in triple A so this year could make or break his chances. Wander Javier is great prospect at SS/3B but likely 3-4 years away. I like that they have multiple options at important positions. I'm curious to see if Rosario or Berrios sign an extension this year. My guess is no. I heard Gibson would like to stay long term but not sure what that contract will look like.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:52 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm Nice situation for the Twins. Royce is gonna be in the starting lineup within 3 years, maybe even 2! If Gordon gets his act together and becomes a player, then we just trade one of the 3 and probably get a nice return....embarrassment of riches!!
I have a feeling Polanco will move to 2nd when Lewis is ready. Gordon had a tough year in triple A so this year could make or break his chances. Wander Javier is great prospect at SS/3B but likely 3-4 years away. I like that they have multiple options at important positions. I'm curious to see if Rosario or Berrios sign an extension this year. My guess is no. I heard Gibson would like to stay long term but not sure what that contract will look like.
now I'm worried that Gibson is gonna have a crummy year cuz of that e-coli deal..... :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:57 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 am Buy low move. Better now if he blows up, but if he doesn't, the length could hurt the club
Worst case, he's an excellent utility guy. I think he's more than that, though.
or he gets his second suspension for peds
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

i whish they wouldnt have wasted money on kepler...
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

RALPH MALPH wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:24 pm i whish they wouldnt have wasted money on kepler...
You a Pohlad Pocket Protector?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

RALPH MALPH wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:24 pm i whish they wouldnt have wasted money on kepler...
Agreed. Maybe this is their way to try and make excuses for not signing other guys. I like the Polanco deal a lot more but I'm still not even sure how I feel about that.

Honestly, this team doesn't really have anyone I would care if they were not back other than maybe Sano. Obviously you don't want to lose Rosario but I would have dealt him when he was hot.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Lewis could move to CF if Buxton can't put it together.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:45 pm
Lewis could move to CF if Buxton can't put it together.
Buxton will be retired by the time the Twins bring Lewis up.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Certainly more excited about the Polanco deal more than Max'

Still have plenty of faith in Max with his smooth swing and found memory of his Dimaggio esk month.

Polanco is legit and pleased to have locked him up.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

mglviks wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 pm Certainly more excited about the Polanco deal more than Max'

Still have plenty of faith in Max with his smooth swing and found memory of his Dimaggio esk month.

kepler's swing is beautiful. when will he match up production with it though? following.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 am
mglviks wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 pm Certainly more excited about the Polanco deal more than Max'

kepler's swing is beautiful. when will he match up production with it though? following.
When he figures out how to lay off the slider.
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 am
weimy froob wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 am

When he figures out how to lay off the slider.
he's a left handed hitter so yea, his swing looks alot nicer than most, his splits are opposite of what they should be for a lefty.
honestly for his offensive production, they could plug any number of guys in there.

.224/.319/.408 with 20 HR get you paid, good for him, butt i;m not seeing it. they've given him plenty of opportunity
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 pm
You a Pohlad Pocket Protector?
not at all, i don't think he's worth it.